Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The gimps are coming!!
I think this is retarded. As if our schools aren't poor enough right now.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/...-dept?lite
Commando Cunt Queen
Wow User. Could you be anymore insensitive?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(01-25-2013, 05:39 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Wow User. Could you be anymore insensitive?

Yes. Fuck off, marshmallow.
Commando Cunt Queen
God damn hairzilla really is trying to take down Mock with soup chickeny kindness. 52
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-25-2013, 05:39 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Could you be anymore insensitive?

Oh no you dinnit! Taz
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Mock has lil' smilies going to the gas chamber & itty bitty KKK for gawdssake.
(01-25-2013, 05:28 PM)username Wrote: I think this is retarded. As if our schools aren't poor enough right now.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/...-dept?lite

And what is your point????
User is a mean bitch. Ima smack her.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(01-25-2013, 07:14 PM)QueenBee Wrote: And what is your point????

My point is money and priorities. At least here in California, our schools are broke. We don't have the money to properly educate kids in the public school system so requiring the schools to spend any money for a few kids to have equal access to sports seems ridiculous. I'm not saying that you lock those kids in a classroom all day and not give them any opportunity for physical exercise but if the new law requires school districts to spend money that they don't have to include people with disabilities in certain sports or create teams/fields for them, I'm against it. We just don't have the money. I'm all for wheelchair basketball but do we need to buy a bunch of short basketball hoops? For track and field, do the surfaces need to be changed from dirt and grass to some synthetic turf that can accommodate a wheelchair?

The law says "reasonable" changes that don't change the sport (like adding a 5th plate for baseball for those that can't run as fast) but I don't know if it addresses "reasonable" with regards to costs.
Commando Cunt Queen
I think that "reasonable" should be defined clearly and that cost should be a part of that definition. That's a valid point.

I support accessibility laws and am encouraged by the number of public places, including schools, that have adequate ramp access, bathroom facilities to accommodate the disabled, etc... We've come along way in the last 20 years.

When it comes to what I'm interpreting as "traditional sports accessibility" at schools, I hope that the demand (and desire) on the part of the disabled community itself has truly been considered and that it's not just a good/progressive sounding concept that could result in a negative cost/benefit result for those its intended to help and for the school system and the general student body. Most schools (at least public ones) are constantly juggling to meet minimum requirements within their given budgets as it stands. I think that helping schools to establish guidelines to ensure adequate exercise and team work opportunities for the disabled might be a better way to go, at least as a start.

Music and art programs have been cut out of a lot of public school curriculums due to budgetary restrictions. Sucks. I'd be interested to see how the whole of the disabled student population felt about having opportunities to engage in those such activities as compared to having access to modified traditional sports. Just a curiosity.
Like I said...

Smiley_emoticons_wink
Commando Cunt Queen
Like I said...

Smiley_emoticons_wink
Commando Cunt Queen
hah What'd you say, gimp brain?

Yeah, I agreed with your points about the cost factor, but cost isn't the only issue.

Is this a unilateral and high priority request from the disabled student population? Are there other requests that could better benefit them (at school and after graduation) while also bringing back some opportunities to the remainder of the student population too?

I wish the article had more background info.
Next thing will be allowing "extra points" for being disabled. I think that disabled people have every right to get a chance to become productive people also but they are more likely fine with blazing a trail without government intervention or holding schools hostage with federal funding. They have pride and it should be up to each school to decide if the disabled kids have the drive to compete. It should not be a mandate handed down by polititians looking for votes.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-25-2013, 08:53 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: hah What'd you say, gimp brain?

Like I said twice? 50

Too bad I have a shred of integrity. Otherwise, I'd use my mad mod skills to make me look like less of an idiot. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
I think they should give up their parking spaces then.......and does this mean in dodge ball, they'll get to throw the ball now?

Women allowed into combat?

I say send in the gimps.
(Tell them it's a birthday party, only without the cake, but plenty of balloons.)
(01-26-2013, 01:05 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Women allowed into combat?

I say send in the gimps.
(Tell them it's a birthday party, only without the cake, but plenty of balloons.)

Ha! And noisemakers! Lots and lots of noisemakers!

I think taxpayer money is well spent helping veterans who come home with disabilities. Spending money to make sure that Jr. in a wheelchair can somehow play baseball with all the other kids seems like a reach that we can't afford.
Commando Cunt Queen
Let's make it real fair in combat though..........

[Image: images-5_zps6a796e56.jpg]

[Image: Armed-wheelchair--15078.jpg]