Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paranormal occurrences
Have you had any? I think KS had a door that kept opening on its own last time we talked about this...

I ask, because I just read an article about one of the children who lived in the Amityville Horror house. He claims he was affected by the evil spirits in the house during the 28 days they lived there...

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk...ache=clear

Now I personally think he's full of shit, and the Amityville Horror stuff was a hoax... but it does interest me to read and try to debunk these sorts of things.

Anyone else?
My family on my Dads side had quite a few premonitions that came true. I have had weird premonitions about people, just like I think Mickey Rooney will die soon, within 2 weeks.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I don't give a lot of credence to paranormal activity stories but I'm not going to dismiss them out-of-hand. I never had enough interest in the Amityville house to read much about it or watch the films. I think weird things can happen but I also know people have active imaginations.

They moved out after 28 days? The cynic in me says maybe they just fell out of love with the house or found other problems and making it appear haunted was convenient.

*shrugs*
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-13-2013, 08:28 PM)Maggot Wrote: My family on my Dads side had quite a few premonitions that came true. I have had weird premonitions about people, just like I think Mickey Rooney will die soon, within 2 weeks.

Yes, but can you predict what will happen to Mickey Rourke? hhhhmmmm..
There us a house by me that reminds me of the Amityville house. It has those same kind of widows. I would never buy it for that reason although I don't believe in paranormal stuff. The movie just creeped me out.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(03-13-2013, 08:41 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 08:28 PM)Maggot Wrote: My family on my Dads side had quite a few premonitions that came true. I have had weird premonitions about people, just like I think Mickey Rooney will die soon, within 2 weeks.

Yes, but can you predict what will happen to Mickey Rourke? hhhhmmmm..

He will eventually play in a remake of "Rocky" and it will be 10X as bloody as the original. The movie will be called "Son of Rocky"

Not Mickey! I wouldn't call it a premonition but I predict the former pope will die in the next few months. I don't think he chose to do something (step down) that hasn't been done in 600 or so years just because he felt his advanced age. I think he's probably terminal something.
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-13-2013, 09:00 PM)username Wrote:

Not Mickey! I wouldn't call it a premonition but I predict the former pope will die in the next few months. I don't think he chose to do something (step down) that hasn't been done in 600 or so years just because he felt his advanced age. I think he's probably terminal something.

That would be a good guess. Mickey Rooney has been on my good guess list forever though, he just keeps on ticking like a little pink bunny.
IIRC, you posted about Amy Winehouse shortly before she died? If not her, it was someone else.
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-13-2013, 08:31 PM)username Wrote: I don't give a lot of credence to paranormal activity stories but I'm not going to dismiss them out-of-hand. I never had enough interest in the Amityville house to read much about it or watch the films. I think weird things can happen but I also know people have active imaginations.

They moved out after 28 days? The cynic in me says maybe they just fell out of love with the house or found other problems and making it appear haunted was convenient.

*shrugs*

I don't think I would ever move into a house where six people were murdered, let alone spend 28 days there.

Unless of course it was a REALLY good deal on the house.
I live in the Twilight Zone. The paranormal would be a welcome respite.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]

Someone died here in one of the apartments over the barn & since then I occasionally hear people who live there now mention strange things & I once saw something that couldn't be explained but I mostly chalk it up to overactive imaginations.

I fall somewhere in the middle of believing this kind of thing. I'm not prepared to totally discount it but I'm not actually a believer either.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-13-2013, 09:10 PM)username Wrote: IIRC, you posted about Amy Winehouse shortly before she died? If not her, it was someone else.

That was one of them. But she was a basket case already.
(03-14-2013, 06:56 AM)Duchess Wrote:
I fall somewhere in the middle of believing this kind of thing. I'm not prepared to totally discount it but I'm not actually a believer either.

I fall into the same category really... like Fox Mulder, I want to believe. But I haven't been convinced one way or the other yet.

What did you see that you explained away?
(03-14-2013, 11:05 AM)Jimbone Wrote: What did you see that you explained away?

It didn't get explained away, there was no explanation so I've choose not to think about it. hah

I saw someone mucking stalls in the barn when I was the only one on the farm, I didn't know I was alone at the time & I didn't know that there weren't horses in that wing of the barn that would need their stalls mucked. There was nothing there & there hadn't been for a little while yet I clearly saw someone working. At least two other people have said they've heard someone walking around the pool deck in the barn too. *cues Twilight Zone music*
That's pretty cool - is the barn an old building, or were you really high at the time?

Does it bend your brain a little bit when you think about it?

No, not old by barn standards, maybe 30 yrs. old.

I don't recall being stoned enough to hallucinate, that would have been some serious weed and I don't make a habit of being so high that I can't function. [Image: slap.gif]

It doesn't bend my brain, I have very unusual things happen frequently. Here's an example, dumb but true, I had been looking for a garden flag, a specific flag and nothing else would do, I couldn't find it anywhere, not online & not in a bricks and mortar store. One day driving down a country road I found that very flag along side the road.
I've had a few experiences in Indonesia during my years there. Too long to explain but pretty cool and otherwise unexplainable.

There is definitely another world surrounding ours. Some of them are good, some are .... naughty. Not bad, just plain naughty.