Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CYNICAL

Cynical - Believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.

Are you cynical?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Of many people, I think I am. Especially those who have something to gain from their actions.
Altruism is a rare trait to find, and cynicism runs pretty rampant in society.

Just look around... people don't really have a reason to not be cynical anymore.
Ah yea. I am very cynical. I think it stems from my job and people trying to screw the insurance company.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I'm not naturally cynical and don't think being motivated by self interest is a bad thing, unless the person damages others for personal gain.

On an individual level in my personal life, I typically figure everyone's alright. I just move along if someone demonstrates that he or she is a user or gets pleasure from (or is apathetic about) screwing over other people. It doesn't happen often and, when it does, it doesn't cause me to start looking at everyone else sidewise. Case by case.

On a societal level, I've grown cynical of all politicians, most religious leaders and anyone who asks for money in advance to help other people in any way.
(04-02-2013, 08:57 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Cynical - Believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.

Are you cynical?

Just the opposite. I'm too naive and trusting.