Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BadAss Firepit
I think this firepit would be kickass! I wonder what it would cost to have built?

[Image: 541473_581663598525675_1630611443_n_zps866eb9cd.jpg]

That IS very cool!

Six might be able to answer your question or at least have a very good idea of a price.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I bet it would be expensive. With all the small pieces of metal that would need to be lazer cut, rolled and welded together it would take hours, no make that days if not weeks to build.
It's fucking cool man.
Looks great.
The concept alone is great. Just think of the possibilities. A person could use any scene they like. If you are a mountain type person use mountains. Horses, use horses, football fan, use football logos, Biker, use bikes. The possibilities are endless.
I like the one you found.

[Image: wildfire-horse-fire-pit-1.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's really cool, F.U.

The one you posted sells for $1,600.

Don't know what the retail mark up is. Probably still pretty expensive to have one made privately if you could find a carbon steel-based artist, but it would be really amazing.

This one, Starry Night, goes for $300. Guessing it's so much cheaper because it's not as intricate. Cool too, though.

[Image: starry%20night%20fire%20dome.jpg]

Add: the horse fire ball is beautiful.
Those are cool.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Those are all pretty Awesome!
I could cut the image onto a sheet of black iron but would have a hard time forming it into a ball like that. I posted a picture once of my daughter standing in a round one I made with stars and moons.
That ball may have been made in 8 pcs then rolled and welded. Cool idea. I have seen the software for a cybermation with that image in a popular science mag. It still runs in it every month.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Can you blur your daughter out and repost the one you made Maggot.
(04-19-2013, 10:22 AM)Maggot Wrote: I could cut the image onto a sheet of black iron but would have a hard time forming it into a ball like that. I posted a picture once of my daughter standing in a round one I made with stars and moons.
That ball may have been made in 8 pcs then rolled and welded. Cool idea. I have seen the software for a cybermation with that image in a popular science mag. It still runs in it every month.

That is my thought also. Multiple triangle pieces shaped/rounded and welded together.
(04-19-2013, 10:28 AM)ESAD Wrote: Can you blur your daughter out and repost the one you made Maggot.

Sure when I get out of work maybe take another pic I use it for compost in the winter.
(04-19-2013, 10:56 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(04-19-2013, 10:28 AM)ESAD Wrote: Can you blur your daughter out and repost the one you made Maggot.

Sure when I get out of work maybe take another pic I use it for compost in the winter.

[Image: horror-like.jpg]
$1,600 seems pretty reasonable for that.
Commando Cunt Queen
(04-19-2013, 11:56 AM)username Wrote: $1,600 seems pretty reasonable for that.

Smiley_emoticons_shocked...........a 4x8 sheet of 16 ga BI cost 38.00 it might take 2 sheets at most. I better rethink my retirement.
Considering I have made just under a 1000 bucks playing poker today, I'd say nay.
The one in the OP is my favorite, but this one is great too and it's just under $1,500.

All of these style fire places are handmade.

[Image: Third_Rock_Fire_Pit_Globe-450px.jpg]

Here's a little about the materials used, nothing about construction though.
http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Outdoor/Fi...-Pit-Globe