Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LET'S ARGUE TORTURE

A New York state senator has spurred controversy online by asking in a tweet if the Boston Marathon bombing suspect arrested Friday should be tortured.

Second-term Republican Sen. Greg Ball of the Hudson Valley tweeted just after authorities in Boston captured Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Friday evening.

Ball's tweet calls the suspect "scum bag No. 2" and asks who wouldn't use torture on him to save more lives.

Many tweets responding to Ball were critical of his remarks.

Ball issued a statement Saturday defending his position on torture without mentioning his tweet. He says he is not shy in saying torture is justified in the war against terror if it can save lives.

So...the US can condemn the use of torture by other countries but it's alright for us to use it because the end justifies the means. Would you agree with that statement?

Personally, I tend to travel the high road because that makes me better person than those who don't. How I feel about myself is always way more important than how others feel about me. I don't believe the use of torture works & if my country resorts to that they are nothing more than a bully, which we are already viewed as, btw. That plays a big role in why Americans are so hated & I think those that hate us have every right to that feeling.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I would personally like to squeeze his breathing tube until he twitches throughout the day. But if a person deserves to be tortured he should be. But not because of a persons political, religious or sexual orientation. Or a number of other stupid excuses some countries use.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
For whatever reason, I feel differently about this (19 year old) terrorist than I have other terrorists.

Probably because he's so young (my son is the same age) and Americanized.

It's easier to hate a terrorist when he looks, acts and speaks like a 'terrorist'.

In the past, I've been clear that I supported 'techniques' to obtain information. I've changed my mind.

I can't look past what he's done, but I do believe he was really under the influence of his older brother. With no dad around, his brother literally was his father figure. Bro needed someone to help him accomplish his radical ideas, and this kid was perfect.

Now, several are dead, scores are maimed and this kid will feel the full measure of justice. I feel like his older brother got off easy.
If my dad or brother had asked me at 18 or 19 to help him blow up a crowd in the name of religion, I knew enough that it was wrong and wouldn't do it.

This kid was smart, educated, and knew better. He willingly went along and was an integral part of it.

Enhance interrogate the shit out of him. I could care less.

While we're at it, the older brother's wife could probably use some enhanced interrogation as well. There's no way she didn't know what was going on, and she said nothing. Fuck her too.
(04-23-2013, 12:40 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Enhance interrogate the shit out of him. I could care less.

While we're at it, the older brother's wife could probably use some enhanced interrogation as well. There's no way she didn't know what was going on, and she said nothing. Fuck her too.

You sanction torture then & obviously believe that it works. That's the mind set of some in those Middle Eastern countries that most Americans condemn for their techniques.

...just trying to be clear. Smiley_emoticons_smile
i beleive anyone who disregards other peoples human rights deserve none, interrogate the fucking raghead and his entire family tree if it helps.
(04-23-2013, 01:00 PM)ESAD Wrote: i beleive anyone who disregards other peoples human rights deserve none, interrogate the fucking raghead and his entire family tree if it helps.

If that's what it's going to come down to then we have no business calling America the greatest country in the world.
(04-23-2013, 01:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 01:00 PM)ESAD Wrote: i beleive anyone who disregards other peoples human rights deserve none, interrogate the fucking raghead and his entire family tree if it helps.

If that's what it's going to come down to then we have no business calling America the greatest country in the world.

Like anyone is ignorant and dumb enough to for even one second believe americunt is, I judge anyone who believes America is the greatest nation on earth.

I'm an American. I live in the greatest country in the world.
(04-23-2013, 12:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:

You sanction torture then & obviously believe that it works. That's the mind set of some in those Middle Eastern countries that most Americans condemn for their techniques.

...just trying to be clear. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I delineate between torture and enhanced interrogation...

Playing loud music, pounding on tables, or putting a hood on someone's head isn't torture.

Cutting off body parts, shooting a limb, or burning their skin with flame or chemicals is torture.
(04-23-2013, 01:07 PM)ESAD Wrote:

Like anyone is ignorant and dumb enough to for even one second believe americunt is, I judge anyone who believes America is the greatest nation on earth.

CN is that you?

Didn't know you were another UK bred America hater.

ESAD, is there a greatest nation on earth, and if so, who might it be?
(04-23-2013, 01:11 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Playing loud music, pounding on tables, or putting a hood on someone's head isn't torture.

I would hardly call that torture. WTF
(04-23-2013, 01:12 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

CN is that you?

I'm not a bred American hater, but I will tell you you are not the greatest nation in the world, you are warmongering polution inducing fuckheads.
(04-23-2013, 01:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I would hardly call that torture. WTF

Well what exactly do you think we do that is torture? Is water boarding your objection?
I take exception to the pollution part. That would be China or India for sure.
Commando Cunt Queen
(04-23-2013, 01:21 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Well what exactly do you think we do that is torture? Is water boarding your objection?

I consider waterboarding torture, yes. In my opinion, anything that is done where someone thinks they might die would be torture.

C'mere honey, let me strap you down & continuously poor water over your face/mouth/nose until you're gasping for air & don't expect me to stop simply because you can't breathe, 'K.
(04-23-2013, 01:22 PM)username Wrote: I take exception to the pollution part. That would be China or India for sure.

Come off it, you guys burn off 2/3rd of the worlds yearly oil, you cunts pollute the fuck out of our shared environment.
(04-23-2013, 01:18 PM)ESAD Wrote:

CN is that you?

I'm not a bred American hater, but I will tell you you are not the greatest nation in the world, you are warmongering polution inducing fuckheads.

An interesting take.

Sounds like the good folks of the U.K. are tired of being in America's shadow.
(04-23-2013, 01:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 01:18 PM)ESAD Wrote:

CN is that you?

An interesting take.

Sounds like the good folks of the U.K. are tired of being in America's shadow.

Kiss my arse you smarmy prick.

Gawd, you guys. Trim a quote much.