I MIGHT BE AN ASSHOLE :(

I just read this & thought it was a nice story, we've seen of few of these where the cop does something lovely for a citizen...

...but then I wondered this, the bike was discovered missing when they went to get it to go for a ride yet the cop stayed & taught the kid how to ride the bike.

I don't like to be so cynical. Smiley_emoticons_slash

Yesterday morning on my way to take my daughter Bella on a bike ride, to our dismay we realized her cherished Minnie Mouse bike that Santa brought her had been stolen, along with our jogging stroller. To say we were heartbroken is an understatement. Through many tears and reassuring hugs I managed to call in a police report. This afternoon I received a call from Officer Kohr that he was on his way with a brand new Princess bike. He not only surprised her with a bike that is her favorite color featuring her favorite princess he took the time to teach her how to ride it. This is kindness and selflessness at its finest. This officer went well above his call of duty and took the time to make a little girls day. I can not fully express how grateful I am. He has left such an impression in our hearts, and am thoroughly impressed with his generosity. Thank you once again Officer Kohr.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yeah, if she had the bike since December, how the hell did she not know how to ride it? Smells.

The first thing that bugged me was the "to say we were heartbroken is an understatement". Really? Over a bike and a jogging stroller. Go talk to some of the victims of the marathon bombing; they can teach you about heartbroken FFS.

I guess I'm an asshole too.
Commando Cunt Queen
Me three. These days the media takes any good deed and blows it out of proportion. They add their spin and false details ruining the point of the good deed.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
My kid has a bike and doesn't know how to ride it. That's because I am a shitty father.

But you're right, you guys are assholes!

I guess the motto with news is true... if it bleeds, it leads. Nobody wants nice stories.
(04-23-2013, 07:36 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I guess the motto with news is true... if it bleeds, it Misleads. Nobody wants nice stories.

Fixed that for ya bro.
(04-23-2013, 07:40 PM)ESAD Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 07:36 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I guess the motto with news is true... if it bleeds, it Misleads. Nobody wants nice stories.

Fixed that for ya bro.

Word.
+1