Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BEGRUDGING UNEMPLOYMENT

Why do some begrudge others their unemployment insurance?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I don't if they are like me. If its someone like my ex who didn't look for a job and went on vacation every month, then yes I begrudge it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(04-28-2013, 09:02 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I don't if they are like me.

you mean daft?
(04-28-2013, 11:14 AM)cannongal Wrote:

you mean daft?

Shut. Up.
(04-28-2013, 11:14 AM)cannongal Wrote:

you mean daft?

hah Look at you!

I don't begrudge someone getting u.i. unless it's abused.
Commando Cunt Queen
(04-28-2013, 12:05 PM)username Wrote: I don't begrudge someone getting u.i. unless it's abused.

Yeah, this goes on all the time.

I've had candidates sit in front of me during an interview and actually say they'd love the job, and were available to start when their UI ran out.

No joke.
(04-28-2013, 02:13 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I've had candidates sit in front of me during an interview and actually say they'd love the job, and were available to start when their UI ran out.

Is there anything that can be done about that? For example, can you call the UE office and relate to them what occurred?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I felt bad about collecting my unemployment when I lost my job back in November. I still don't like that I had to collect it, but I haven't been able to find a job. My benefits run out in 3 weeks, and I am still trying to find a job.

I would rather have a job than unemployment.
I've had telephone interviews over people that stole my materials and were no call no shows and still got unemployment regardless what I said. The next time I get one of their stupid fucking claims I'm not even going to bother wasting my time answering it.
Another one was a guy that vandalized a job and cost us a good account. He got unemployment right away.
(04-28-2013, 05:33 PM)nrkerr Wrote: I felt bad about collecting my unemployment when I lost my job back in November. I still don't like that I had to collect it, but I haven't been able to find a job. My benefits run out in 3 weeks, and I am still trying to find a job.

I would rather have a job than unemployment.

That's NOT abusing the system. You paid into UI. If you're trying to find a job in the meantime, you're entitled to those benefits.

I'm surprised your benefits run out soon. I thought they went on for well over a year these days.
Commando Cunt Queen
(04-28-2013, 02:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Is there anything that can be done about that? For example, can you call the UE office and relate to them what occurred?

Over the past few years, absolutely not. The money is flowing from DC to the states to cover expanded UI claims, so they approve everyone. That's our experience anyway... but it seems like the norm these days.

If you have a heartbeat and paid one red cent into UI, you're getting approved and getting it. In our state, you don't even have to prove you're looking for work anymore. They have an automated tele-service that UI recipients call into.
I certify on line each week.

I called hotline and turned my ex in for taking 6 vacations while collecting. He had to go to a hearing. He lost his benefits for 4 weeks and got half his benefits for another 4 weeks.