Mock
DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? (/thread-9232.html)

Pages: 1 2

DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - Duchess - 11-13-2012

Have you planned for your Thanksgiving holiday? Will you be a guest or will you be a host?

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - ramseycat - 11-13-2012

We are having TG at my mom's. I am going over early in the am to help her get everything started - put the bird in the oven, make the stuffing, peel the potatoe's... all that stuff. Then I will go home for a bit and gather up the boys and go back and finish cooking and watch some football.

We were also invited to my SIL's for dinner but are not going. It is still odd to me that SIL invites us over but never invites her brother (my ex). He is such a loser and has lost his family because he is a douch.

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - Duchess - 11-13-2012

Ex-holes deserve no consideration.

True. Part of me doesn't care if he is sitting in his house alone for the holidays. The other part of me wouldn't want that for anyone. Not even him. It just disgusts me how he has ruined his relationship with his family. He has both his parents. His brother and sister live close by. He can see his nieces and nephews anytime he wants yet he doesn't. I would give anything to have my brother healthy again, to be able to spend one day with my father again, to have all of my family here for TG. He is too shallow to realize what he is losing.

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - Sphincter Cop - 11-13-2012

I'll be a guest, but there is a rule at my family gathering. Nothing store bought (pre-made) is permitted to come into the house. This year I am responsible for two appetizers (praise jesus).

I have already decided that I will be making a family favorite.
Bruschetta over a lightly toasted garlic bread.
And Pineapple chutney, Ham, and swiss cheese over a Breton' cracker.

I would also like to acknowledge that since my father so ill, he has made a point of making sure that all asshole family members will not be invited. Why deal with their chaotic bullshit?

Gobble Gobble!

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - RaisingAPrince - 11-13-2012

For the first time in years, we aren't hosting at our home. I'm actually looking forward to it. We'll do the husband's family on Thanksgiving followed by prime rib dinner with my mother. Then Saturday we'll do my family dinner. We always schedule two on different days so that we can spend time with each family.

I'm making Pumpkin Chex Mix and some other dessert I haven't decided on yet for Thanksgiving Day. The grandma who hosts never lets anyone do any cooking, she always asks us to bring dessert. For Saturday, we're doing parmesan herb mashed potatoes, cranberry chutney, and pumpkin pie.

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - HairOfTheDog - 11-13-2012

I'm cooking at my mom's house this year.

All the usual, looking forward to it: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and pumpkin pie (I'll buy the pie; not a baker). I'm gonna serve white wine and hope that no one feels the need to break open the vodka until after dinner, it's a little more peaceful that way. Either way, can't wait...

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - SIXFOOTERsez - 11-13-2012

I am cooking for about 20 again this year. Pretty traditional fare for an old cowboy
1 Big smoked turkey, at least 1 fried, 2 roast ducks, probably a ham, 2 kinds of dressing, giblet gravy
Green bean caserole, twice baked potatos, cheesy potatos, numerous pies, dutch oven peach cobbler
Cresaunts, Fresh Rosemary bread, Cranberry sauce, brocoli and rice caserole
Some Brewed, some distilled refreshment
probably some things I can't remember
anyone hungry yet?

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - QueenBee - 11-13-2012

I am having two people over for dinner. Me and three football watching men..so I know where I will be all day.

I have never had a deep fried turkey but they look really good.

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - Sphincter Cop - 11-13-2012

(11-13-2012, 10:36 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I am cooking for about 20 again this year. Pretty traditional fare for an old cowboy
1 Big smoked turkey, at least 1 fried, 2 roast ducks, probably a ham, 2 kinds of dressing, giblet gravy
Green bean caserole, twice baked potatos, cheesy potatos, numerous pies, dutch oven peach cobbler
Cresaunts, Fresh Rosemary bread, Cranberry sauce, brocoli and rice caserole
Some Brewed, some distilled refreshment
probably some things I can't remember
anyone hungry yet?

I think I'll be picking up a few Mockers along the way! Make room for a few more guests!!!!
[Image: 4.gif]

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - Maggot - 11-13-2012

(11-13-2012, 11:20 AM)QueenBee Wrote: I am having two people over for dinner. Me and three football watching men..so I know where I will be all day.

Dancing for dollars on the table?

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - Clang McFly - 11-13-2012

I'll be cooking TG dinner for me, one of my brothers, and my mom and dad. Two of my brothers will be spending TG with their wive's families and the last brother will be spending TG in Rochester with his girlfriend.

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - Midwest Spy - 11-13-2012

In-Laws with the whole family in rural MN.

I'm the only one who cares about watching football, however, so I usually take the kiddos outside and we play a game ourselves!

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - username - 11-13-2012

I'll be sitting on a beach in Cabo sipping margaritas.

(11-13-2012, 03:39 PM)username Wrote: I'll be sitting on a beach in Cabo sipping margaritas.

On the rocks or blended (yuk)?

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - krystalshores - 11-13-2012

I will be a guest. We are going to the beach to spend the week with my mother.

(11-13-2012, 03:39 PM)username Wrote: I'll be sitting on a beach in Cabo sipping margaritas.

BITCH

RE: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? - username - 11-13-2012

(11-13-2012, 03:46 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

On the rocks or blended (yuk)?

Rocks, no salt. Although I don't dislike the blended ones; I just invariably get that damn brain freeze headache when I drink blended beverages.

I've been to Acapulco twice, and had miserable Marge's there both times.

How in the hell can the Mexicans NOT know how to make a margarita?

My wife makes a very good one. We probably have a couple of pitchers a week during the summer.