Mock
Thanksgiving preparation thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Thanksgiving preparation thread (/thread-12717.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - sally - 11-14-2023

Bring them a pet mouse.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - MirahM - 11-17-2023

What is your favorite way to make sweet potatoes?

I guess everyone is bringing things, so I am bringing that. I won't be doing it with marshmallows tho. I'll use a crunchy pecan topping and I'll follow the recipe this time!

(11-22-2016, 10:03 PM)sally Wrote: You can't really fuck up sweet potato casserole as long as you taste it as you go along. Bake them, peel them and put them in a mixing bowl. Add butter, a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of salt and pepper and a spoonful of maple syrup or brown sugar. A dash of vanilla extract and a splash of bourbon or apple cider or evaporated milk or all three. Add a couple of beaten eggs and pour into a buttered casserole dish. Bake for 3040 minutes and then top with pecan streusel shit or pineapple or marshmallows or whatever and bake for a few more minutes.

Why do you and the recipe I read say to bake them or boil them AND Then peel them? Doesn't it make sense to peel them first??

(11-23-2017, 02:22 AM)Love Child Wrote: I love making food for people also. Sally that breakfast sounds amazing! This year I am visiting others for Thanksgiving. Here is one of my favorite Thanksgiving videos. The Turduckenaie.

P.S. I like a sprig of parsley on deviled eggs.

Still my favorite video!

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - Duchess - 11-20-2023

(11-17-2023, 03:06 PM)MirahM Wrote: What is your favorite way to make sweet potatoes?

I guess everyone is bringing things, so I am bringing that. I won't be doing it with marshmallows tho. I'll use a crunchy pecan topping and I'll follow the recipe this time!

I don't know how I missed this. That sounds fricken wonderful, especially the part about crunchy pecan topping. NomNomNom.

Not that it is dessert ^^^^^^ but I always want to eat dessert first so I have room for it. I won't if I eat my meal first.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - MirahM - 11-20-2023

Apparently another girl is bringing sweet potatoes, which is perfect because we both said we were doing pecan topping, soooper I said I would do marshmallow.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - sally - 11-20-2023

(11-17-2023, 03:08 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(11-22-2016, 10:03 PM)sally Wrote: You can't really fuck up sweet potato casserole as long as you taste it as you go along. Bake them, peel them and put them in a mixing bowl. Add butter, a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of salt and pepper and a spoonful of maple syrup or brown sugar. A dash of vanilla extract and a splash of bourbon or apple cider or evaporated milk or all three. Add a couple of beaten eggs and pour into a buttered casserole dish. Bake for 3040 minutes and then top with pecan streusel shit or pineapple or marshmallows or whatever and bake for a few more minutes.

Why do you and the recipe I read say to bake them or boil them AND Then peel them? Doesn't it make sense to peel them first??

It’s easier to peel them once they’re cooked.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - rothschild - 11-20-2023

In case anyone's interested, a nice alternative is acorn squash with apples and raisins. Tastes great and less starchy.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - sally - 11-20-2023

My most requested thanksgiving dish is acorn squash stuffed with carrot au gratin. I just made it up one day and it’s actually a pita to make, no wonder everyone likes it.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - rothschild - 11-21-2023

Carrot au gratin sounds interesting.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - Duchess - 11-21-2023

(11-20-2023, 09:47 PM)rothschild Wrote:  acorn squash with apples and raisins. 

That sounds awesome too! Mmmmm.

I couldn't stop thinking about the squash with apples & raisins so I looked it up and I'm going to make it for Thanksgiving. The recipe is simple and it sounds so delicious.

Can I use apple pie filling for that recipe?

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - sally - 11-21-2023

I wouldn’t.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - MirahM - 11-22-2023

Now there are going to be 3 people brining sweet potatoes. 1 is a soufle. Last night I found this awesome recipe for rosemary rounds. I'll see if I can screenshot it.

[Image: BC9C6XG.jpg]

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - sally - 11-23-2023

I’m not all that big of a fan of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, I don’t know why I bother making it every fucking year.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - MirahM - 11-23-2023

srsly
There were some new dishes there today and that was nice to see.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - sally - 11-23-2023

I’m still kind of sick so I don’t have much of an appetite anyway. The only thing that seemed appetizing to me was the warm apple pie with Hagen Daz vanilla ice cream.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - Duchess - 11-24-2023

(11-23-2023, 10:37 PM)sally Wrote: warm apple pie with Hagen Daz vanilla ice cream.

I had that, but it wasn't with Hagen Daz, it was Breyers French Vanilla.

RE: Thanksgiving preparation thread - Clang McFly - 11-25-2023

(11-24-2023, 06:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 10:37 PM)sally Wrote: warm apple pie with Hagen Daz vanilla ice cream.

I had that, but it wasn't with Hagen Daz, it was Breyers French Vanilla.

I had pecan pie, no ice cream.