Mock
What turns you Off? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What turns you Off? (/thread-8787.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What turns you Off? - Clang McFly - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 01:20 PM)ESAD Wrote: FTR you were and always have been annoying/tedious, don't pretend like i haven't told you for years.

Yeah, but I mostly ignored it because nicer people told me otherwise. Only reason I'm sort of listening is because the nicer people(Ily, ramsey, et al) are telling me off now as well.

(08-24-2012, 12:43 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 09:01 AM)Ilyanna Wrote: As for Clang, he and I have known each other for a long time, he knows what I think about his situation and choices. He is intelligent enough to know how to improve his life. He just loves to rub his refusal to do so in to get reactions from ppl. Every time someone tells him what he should do, he succeeds in his little game, so the best way to make him show his other, funny, witty, likeable side is to just ignore the bullshit.
Am I right, Clang?

If everything you say is spot on and true, that's got to be one of the most pathetic existences I can imagine.

Eh, its not so bad. Unless you take away the free concerts/movies/events and the free TV/DVR and internet.

(08-24-2012, 12:56 PM)Ilyanna Wrote: Jimbone, it's my take on it in a nutshell, the whole picture is more complicated than that. And the truth - ah, truth is a difficult concept when dealing with behaviour Smiley_emoticons_wink
Oh, and actually, it's a more common (subconscious!) behavior than you'd probably think. Ever encountered someone who tells you a problem, and when you offer advice, always finds a reason that'll keep them from taking it? You'll eventually run out of advice, and they'll get what they wanted in the first place: the reassurance that their situation cannot be improved and that they are justified in remaining in it.

^THIS.

You should be a psychologist Ily if you aren't already.

RE: What turns you Off? - Eat Shit And Die - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 01:27 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 01:20 PM)ESAD Wrote: FTR you were and always have been annoying/tedious, don't pretend like i haven't told you for years.

Yeah, but I mostly ignored it because nicer people told me otherwise. Only reason I'm sort of listening is because the nicer people(Ily, ramsey, et al) are telling me off now as well.

Basically i was always right but now someone you deem 'nicer' is telling you, its correct...

You fat tedious cunt.

RE: What turns you Off? - Ilyanna - 08-24-2012

Clang, I like you. I wasn't telling you off, that ain't my place, just stating my opinion on some things. If it makes you think, it's cool, if not, hey, your choice. I like you either way.

Quote:Basically i was always right but now someone you deem 'nicer' is telling you, its correct...
*snicker*

(08-24-2012, 12:43 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 09:01 AM)Ilyanna Wrote: As for Clang, he and I have known each other for a long time, he knows what I think about his situation and choices. He is intelligent enough to know how to improve his life. He just loves to rub his refusal to do so in to get reactions from ppl. Every time someone tells him what he should do, he succeeds in his little game, so the best way to make him show his other, funny, witty, likeable side is to just ignore the bullshit.
Am I right, Clang?

If everything you say is spot on and true, that's got to be one of the most pathetic existences I can imagine.

FWIW, I was actually doing ok for myself as late as 2007. I was living by myself, paying the bills, keeping my place clean, doing my own laundry and cooking, etc. had a good job with the State. Then fast forward six months I get fired from my good job for struggling to learn my duties and not improve fast enough. On top of that, I get saddled with my lazier brother rocktar and end up taking him into my apartment. After months of picking up after him I decided I guess to just give up and adopted his lazyier ways. Not making excuses just explaning a bit of my background.

cant beat them join em heh?

i would have kicked his head in and kicked him out of my flat.

RE: What turns you Off? - Jimbone - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 12:56 PM)Ilyanna Wrote: Oh, and actually, it's a more common (subconscious!) behavior than you'd probably think. Ever encountered someone who tells you a problem, and when you offer advice, always finds a reason that'll keep them from taking it? You'll eventually run out of advice, and they'll get what they wanted in the first place: the reassurance that their situation cannot be improved and that they are justified in remaining in it.

I encounter them more and more frequently sad to say... when they work for me, I let them go. When they sit for an interview, they are passed over.

It's classic victim mentality. And it is caustic if you allow it to creep into your life in any way.

Clang appears to have let it consume him. He can't even see the intrinsic value that actually working - regardless of whether or not it is $8 and hour or volunteering for the KoC - provides the soul.

I'll just keep my fingers silent on this moving forward, because he has no interest in changing and is entertained by his own sloth and slovenly ways.

You win Clang, well played.

(08-24-2012, 03:21 PM)Jimbone Wrote: You win Clang, well played.

Cool, where do I go to accept my prize of a vial of tiger blood and kilo of cocaine.

RE: What turns you Off? - Duchess - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 03:42 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Cool, where do I go to accept my prize of a vial of tiger blood and kilo of cocaine.

Stewart's. 39

RE: What turns you Off? - Jimbone - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 03:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 03:42 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Cool, where do I go to accept my prize of a vial of tiger blood and kilo of cocaine.

Stewart's. 39

Zing!

Love it.

RE: What turns you Off? - HairOfTheDog - 08-24-2012

Hey Clang,

I don't care you what you do just to share space with you on an internet MB and typically scroll past and stay out of discussions related to your lack of employment. I'm gonna throw something out there this time though, just in case you want to consider it.

It's hard to get good in-home caregivers. You don't have to be a CNA and related work with family members counts as experience (all of the things you state that you do for your mom are part of the job description). I pay my hourly caregiving staff a few dollars over minimum wage and it's typically the same in the industry across the country. It's not glamorous work, but it's rewarding to help seniors and the disabled and the percentage of the population made up of seniors continues to increase; growth industry.

We hired a man similar to how you describe yourself about 3 months ago. While transferring techniques can enable a smaller person to effectively transfer folks, size and strength is a plus with some clients. You can get on the job training in transferring, and dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's clients - no cost (in fact, you get paid). There are agencies run by the county/state or private organizations (which typically pay better and have better advancement opportunities). My Manager of Ops started out as my caregiver trainer. She had some undergraduate education like you and she does a great job.

That's all. Just something to consider, if you want. You could PM me if you decide to look into it and have any questions. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: What turns you Off? - username - 08-24-2012

Bonus! The patient's with Alzheimer's and dementia probably won't notice if you show up one day as a man and another as a woman!

(08-24-2012, 04:21 PM)username Wrote: Bonus! The patient's with Alzheimer's and dementia probably won't notice if you show up one day as a man and another as a woman!

Oh shit, I forgot about that little caveat! hah

j/k: He's worked before so must be able to keep the personal pleasures out of the working environment.

RE: What turns you Off? - Riotgear - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 04:17 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Hey Clang,

I don't care you what you do just to share space with you on an internet MB and typically scroll past and stay out of discussions related to your lack of employment. I'm gonna throw something out there this time though, just in case you want to consider it.

It's hard to get good in-home caregivers. You don't have to be a CNA and related work with family members counts as experience (all of the things you state that you do for your mom are part of the job description). I pay my hourly caregiving staff a few dollars over minimum wage and it's typically the same in the industry across the country. It's not glamorous work, but it's rewarding to help seniors and the disabled and the percentage of the population made up of seniors continues to increase; growth industry.

We hired a man similar to how you describe yourself about 3 months ago. While transferring techniques can enable a smaller person to effectively transfer folks, size and strength is a plus with some clients. You can get on the job training in transferring, and dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's clients - no cost (in fact, you get paid). There are agencies run by the county/state or private organizations (which typically pay better and have better advancement opportunities). My Manager of Ops started out as my caregiver trainer. She had some undergraduate education like you and she does a great job.

That's all. Just something to consider, if you want. You could PM me if you decide to look into it and have any questions. Smiley_emoticons_smile

You know he's a troll right?

If he was looking after my father, i would demand a refund.

(08-24-2012, 04:34 PM)Riotgear Wrote: You know he's a troll right?

I don't know how much of what Clang reveals is true or not. If it's all a troll, it cost me 5 minutes of keystroking. If he does need employment and this is a possible opportunity that he hadn't thought about before, it still cost me 5 minutes of keystroking. I'd rather spend 5 minutes and make one post than make repetitive posts about the whole unemployment/food stamp/cross-dressing stuff.

Clang just wishes it was a troll.

RE: What turns you Off? - Riotgear - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 04:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 04:34 PM)Riotgear Wrote: You know he's a troll right?

I don't know how much of what Clang reveals is true or not. If it's all a troll, it cost me 5 minutes of keystroking. If he does need employment and this is a possible opportunity that he hadn't thought about before, it still cost me 5 minutes of keystroking. I'd rather spend 5 minutes and make one post than make repetitive posts about the whole unemployment/food stamp/cross-dressing stuff.

Did you know you're contrarian? It's very unattractive. Especially in a woman. But hey, knock yourself out. I don't give a shit.

RE: What turns you Off? - Duchess - 08-24-2012

Please do knock yourself out, Hot D, I like reading your posts, you're articulate & smart. You've got beauty, brains & boobs. Eat shit, RG.