Mock
Do you negotiate.... - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Do you negotiate.... (/thread-10348.html)

Do you negotiate.... - Cynical Ninja - 08-01-2013

....With your kids? Especially when they were small?

I have just watched two young parents negotiating with a toddler for 20 minutes to come with them to the car park instead of getting some candy from a vending machine (obviously it wasn't Casper, daisy donovans phantom grandchild he would have realised candy was but the thing of dreams by now).

Honestly the negotiations were a long drawn out process I thought I was going to have to call Henry Kissinger at one point. Then the dad finally came to his senses and did what I would have done 19 minutes 55 seconds ago, he picked the kid up and carried him kicking and screaming towards the car park.

RE: Do you negotiate.... - QueenBee - 08-01-2013

It would depend on circumstances and purpose of negotiations. The one you defined would not have made 30 seconds in my book.
It would have to be a hell of a lot more important than candy from a vending machine.
I think a toddler is way to young for negotiations of that length. At that age all they understand is "I want."

RE: Do you negotiate.... - BlueTiki - 08-01-2013

Is the palm of my hand across a bottom considered "Negotiation"?

RE: Do you negotiate.... - ramseycat - 08-01-2013

I have picked up my kid mid tantrum and left a cart full if groceries. You cannot reason with or negotiate with a toddler.

RE: Do you negotiate.... - HairOfTheDog - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 12:42 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: ... (obviously it wasn't Casper, daisy donovans phantom grandchild he would have realised candy was but the thing of dreams by now).

hah You're such a prick...

RE: Do you negotiate.... - sally - 08-01-2013

I don't negotiate. I would tell that damn kid to get that candy out of my face and chuck it across the room.

RE: Do you negotiate.... - sally - 08-01-2013

That's the only way to handle a cranky two year old and a pack of orange Tic Tacs imo. Everyone is shocked and thinks you're nuts including the kid.

RE: Do you negotiate.... - Cynical Ninja - 08-02-2013

(08-01-2013, 09:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-01-2013, 12:42 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: ... (obviously it wasn't Casper, daisy donovans phantom grandchild he would have realised candy was but the thing of dreams by now).

hah You're such a prick...

Aye but to be fair so is he the random cratchit!

RE: Do you negotiate.... - Maggot - 08-02-2013

I have walked out of stores leaving them behind a few times, when they look up and find themselves alone they get all scared. No negotiating with terrorists.

RE: Do you negotiate.... - username - 08-02-2013

I could have done better in that regard. I envy parents that have one kid at a time. They can fuck up the first one and then learn from their mistakes with subsequent kids.

RE: Do you negotiate.... - aussiefriend - 08-03-2013

Negotiate with a toddler? No friggin way. One time I was at this Christmas function in City Park, my child took off When my toddler was back, I said "right, we are going home", then it was on.......screaming yelling, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", everyone, and I mean everyone was looking, it was so embarrassing. It was like, *royal wave* 'hi everyone, just here to provide the freakshow'. So I negotiated 'let's just go and get some friends and come back'. When we got home, it was straight to bed. Negotiate that!

RE: Do you negotiate.... - Duchess - 08-03-2013

About the only thing I ever negotiated was my desire to go to public school.

RE: Do you negotiate.... - ramseycat - 08-03-2013

(08-03-2013, 01:04 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Negotiate with a toddler? No friggin way. One time I was at this Christmas function in City Park, my child took off When my toddler was back, I said "right, we are going home", then it was on.......screaming yelling, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", everyone, and I mean everyone was looking, it was so embarrassing. It was like, *royal wave* 'hi everyone, just here to provide the freakshow'. So I negotiated 'let's just go and get some friends and come back'. When we got home, it was straight to bed. Negotiate that!

So you tricked her? You lied and said let's get some friends and then nope. You go to bed. Yea, that's some good parenting right there.

Mocking aside, being a parent is the hardest job there is. (Said in my mothers voice.)
No one tells you that part. You go into it thinking its all fun and rainbows and fun and kisses. And then they start walking and talking and it's on.

You might like to be the star of a your own freakshow ramseycrap but I do not. I like to be low profile in my private life. I didn't lie, due to the age factor I couldnt explain the storm coming any better.

Photos cover Aussie.

Ramseyism ^^^

Never mind.

RE: Do you negotiate.... - sally - 08-03-2013

(08-03-2013, 08:39 AM)ramseycat Wrote:
(08-03-2013, 01:04 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Negotiate with a toddler? No friggin way. One time I was at this Christmas function in City Park, my child took off When my toddler was back, I said "right, we are going home", then it was on.......screaming yelling, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", everyone, and I mean everyone was looking, it was so embarrassing. It was like, *royal wave* 'hi everyone, just here to provide the freakshow'. So I negotiated 'let's just go and get some friends and come back'. When we got home, it was straight to bed. Negotiate that!

So you tricked her? You lied and said let's get some friends and then nope. You go to bed. Yea, that's some good parenting right there.

And what exactly is wrong with that? You fuck on me, I fuck on you, Mofo.