Mock
Robin Williams Dead - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Robin Williams Dead (/thread-11371.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Robin Williams Dead - QueenBee - 08-11-2014

SHERIFF: ROBIN WILLIAMS FOUND DEAD

Actor Robin Williams has been found dead at a residence in California, according to the Marin County Sheriff's Office. Williams was 63 years old.
We will post more information as it becomes available.

[Image: RobinWilliams.jpg]

RE: Robin Williams Dead - ramseycat - 08-11-2014

Suicide.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - Duchess - 08-11-2014

Oh my god! That made my jaw drop.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - QueenBee - 08-11-2014

I did read just a few weeks ago that he checked himself into rehab.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - FAHQTOO - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 07:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Oh my god! That made my jaw drop.

Me too. Never saw this one coming. Most of Hollyweird is in rehab.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - crash - 08-11-2014

I remember a story on him a few years ago where they detailed his history of severe depression and drug use. I don't really find it that surprising. He always seemed like a bit of a troubled soul.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - QueenBee - 08-11-2014

Actor Robin Williams has died, the Marin County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Monday.

He was 63.

The Sheriff’s Office was called to Williams’ home in unincorporated Tiburon just after noon Monday, the office stated in a news release.

Robin McLaurin Williams was found unconscious and not breathing the home, the Sheriff’s Office stated. He was pronounced deceased two minutes after first responders arrived.

The death was initially suspected to be a “suicide due to asphyxia,” according to the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division, the release stated.

A representative told CNN Williams had been battling severe depression.

An investigation was underway. A forensic examination was scheduled for Aug. 12, with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted

RE: Robin Williams Dead - ramseycat - 08-11-2014

So sad.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - Midwest Spy - 08-11-2014

He didn't go out like Michael Hutchence I hope?

RE: Robin Williams Dead - HairOfTheDog - 08-11-2014

I loved Robin Williams as a stand-up and an actor.

I always tried to watch when he was a guest on the late night talk shows.

RIP.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - Midwest Spy - 08-11-2014

I never cared for his style of humor.

Doesn't mean I wished him ill will.

P.S. I just read up a little more on Michael Hutchence, the ex-lead singer for INXS. First off, I really liked that band. Hutchence was very well respected among his peers and there were many who were very sad when he died.

I should've remembered that he was going through a pretty traumatic time in his life when he committed suicide, essentially losing his daughter to his ex and Bob Geldof.

I think that would be very tough to handle.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - crash - 08-11-2014

Hutchence was an arrogant junky who could string some words together and make it sound good. I went to school with a guy who was a roadie for the Angels. He said at the time that nobody was particularly surprised when he fell off the perch, although they all came out in the press with faux disbelief and grief.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - sally - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 07:43 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I never cared for his style of humor.

He never did anything for me either. I liked a few of his movies, but that was mainly due to the other characters.

He was talented but in an odd way, I always wondered if he was gay.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - aussiefriend - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 07:53 PM)crash Wrote: Hutchence was an arrogant junky

That doesn't surprise me. Makes sense.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - HairOfTheDog - 08-11-2014

Yeah, Robin Williams was definitely odd.

I didn't like Mork & Mindy much. But he was really quick and unpredictable when he was interviewed way back then -- and he always ended up doing a lot of improv in his shows. Course, he was totally wasted on coke back then...

I like Tracey Ullman's humor a lot too, but she's not a big favorite of many people I know either.

Tried to find video of a late night show (Leno, I think) like 20 years ago where they were both guests at the same time. The host totally lost control of the show and the two of them couldn't stop busting out characters and crazy smart one-liners one right on top of the other -- I don't think I've laughed so hard at a tv show before or since.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - Cutz - 08-12-2014

My dad looks a LOT like Robin Williams. Like a lot. Black kids where he taught high school thought they were related. Robin is only like a year older. I feel rather strange that he's dead.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - Duchess - 08-12-2014

I hope I never know what this kind of depression is truly like. I've been very sad and I've been depressed for more than a few days but I've never felt so hopeless that death would be preferable over life.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - Duchess - 08-12-2014

Less than a month ago -

[Image: article-2722409-2075D95300000578-972_634x631.jpg]

[Image: article-2722409-2076184A00000578-353_634x421.jpg]

RE: Robin Williams Dead - Maggot - 08-12-2014

Brad Delp lead singer of Boston was a surprise suicide also. You just never know the extent of a tortured soul.

RE: Robin Williams Dead - Cutz - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 06:26 AM)Duchess Wrote:
I hope I never know what this kind of depression is truly like. I've been very sad and I've been depressed for more than a few days but I've never felt so hopeless that death would be preferable over life.
Chemical imbalances aren't my area of expertise, but long term depression is a fickle thing. You can cling to your depression because it's such a familiar emotion for you. Leads to pessimistic attitude, bad relationships, and basically choosing unhappiness. You can also feel like the victim, so the impetus to change is low. It's a downward spiral. When you become addicted to sadness, it's not illogical to think non-existence is a better option. Robin always seemed the bipolar type. Manic on stage and depressed off it.