Mock
FEARLESS DRIVING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: FEARLESS DRIVING (/thread-12939.html)

Pages: 1 2

FEARLESS DRIVING - Duchess - 05-10-2017

Does that describe you while out on the roads? Are there any highways you ever avoid if you can because they are so sucky?

You all know I hate the Beltway, loathe it. I always think I'm going to die while driving it. Some parts of I95 too. Ugh.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - Clang McFly - 05-10-2017

I avoid roundabouts when I can. I can never figure out which road I'm supposed to take until its too late and I pick the wrong one. Then I drive in circles for awhile until I find a way home or to my destination that avoids roundabouts. Its like National Lampoons European Vacation. Big Ben...Parliament...Big Ben....Parliament....

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - BigMark - 05-10-2017

I'm the LA freeway ninja, mad skills yo.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - Carsman - 05-11-2017

(05-10-2017, 05:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Does that describe you while out on the roads? Are there any highways you ever avoid if you can because they are so sucky?

You all know I hate the Beltway, loathe it. I always think I'm going to die while driving it. Some parts of I95 too. Ugh.

I dislike I95 here in geezer land, with the geezers (I'm not a geezer yethah) going 35 in a 65 zone, and then the youngsters flying by at 90 in that same zone!

Unfortunately, I'll be traveling a good distance on I95 tonight, going to meet friends for dinner.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - Maggot - 05-11-2017

The highways don't bother me, just go with the flow. In Europe people are nuts though. They cut you off zip around you but they don't have road rage. When the cutting off happens they just go along with it and let it go. Not so in America.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - SIXFOOTERsez - 05-11-2017

The worst section of I95 is right here in the tri county from Palm Beach to Dade and I drive it every day
Don't like it but its the only way to get where I need to be

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - Duchess - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 08:35 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: The worst section of I95 is right here in the tri county from Palm Beach to Dade and I drive it every day

Every time I would go down there my parents always asked me to stay out of Dade County. It's been awhile since I've been back and I don't have the same kind of curiosity I used to have when I would drive all over the state. Is it still a bad area?

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - Donovan - 05-11-2017

I get madder about television traffic than real traffic. I see some show set in L.A. for example, and the guy jumps in his car and is across town in a couple minutes. I start yelling at the tv. I don't give a shit about them asking me to believe in flesh-eating zombies, just don't try to tell me dude got from the valley to the beach in twenty minutes at rush hour. I'm calling bullshit!!!

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - SIXFOOTERsez - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 12:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 08:35 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: The worst section of I95 is right here in the tri county from Palm Beach to Dade and I drive it every day

Every time I would go down there my parents always asked me to stay out of Dade County. It's been awhile since I've been back and I don't have the same kind of curiosity I used to have when I would drive all over the state. Is it still a bad area?
Some areas are, but its not like back late 90's

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - QueenBee - 05-11-2017

(05-10-2017, 07:21 PM)BigMark Wrote: I'm the LA freeway ninja, mad skills yo.

My niece lives out there with her husband. Hates driving, and since she works from home, tends to use the highways as little as possible.

A friend, who also lives there told me about a app he swears by called WAZE which is constantly updated to give you the best routes to get from here to there.

www.waze.com

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - BigMark - 05-11-2017

I have used waze, it has some good hacks but you have to be on top of things in unfamiliar areas. Great for looking out for the popo on the way to vegas though, got me out of a ticket 6 months ago.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - HairOfTheDog - 05-11-2017

You almost have to be fearless to drive the streets of San Francisco from meeting to meeting.

Lots of construction, street-hogging buses, slow-moving pedestrians, one way streets, merging lanes, weird intersections, non-existent parking, and dead ends. Pain in the ass. I'm used to it now, but I leave early and drive really cautiously here because there's always something unexpected en route.

Getting old too........I find myself liking to drive at night less and less, though I still really like driving in general.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - BigMark - 05-11-2017

I hate driving in the hollywood hills, only room for one car, full of self important assholes hauling ass around blind corners.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - HairOfTheDog - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 03:14 PM)BigMark Wrote: I hate driving in the hollywood hills, only room for one car, full of self important assholes hauling ass around blind corners.

Yeah, so many entitled assholes showing off their high-performance sports cars up there. Too bad; it's a beautiful area and a really fun ride on the back of a bike, but the assholes kinda ruin it.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - Clang McFly - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 03:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 03:14 PM)BigMark Wrote: I hate driving in the hollywood hills, only room for one car, full of self important assholes hauling ass around blind corners.

Yeah, so many entitled assholes showing off their high-performance sports cars up there. Too bad; it's a beautiful area and a really fun ride on the back of a bike, but the assholes kinda ruin it.

Yeah, some guy in a sports car sped past me on my way home from work one day, revving his engine. I laughed evilly to myself as he got stuck in front of me in the slow moving traffic just like five minutes later.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - Midwest Spy - 05-12-2017

I know a lot of Rockford scenes were filmed in Santa Monica mountains? (you know, right turn as your driving through Malibu along the coast).

I've been up there a couple of times, drinking/dining at Malibu Winery (I think it was called).

So beautiful up there, but yeah the drive was certainly entertaining.

I remember seeing, on the way down, a special lane built for runaway trucks/vehicles.

We don't have those in Minny. lol

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - Som Yung Ho - 06-11-2017

I hate driving in Christchurch. Nicknamed the angry city people get all road ragie over anything and use there cars as weapons. Often I think its only cas they seen an Asian. Also Bangkok cas I get lost easy there and then I get annoyed and turn into a turd and start driving like a wanker.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - sally - 06-11-2017

I brake out into full anxiety mode on the highway unless I've had a couple beers. I know that sounds bad and the whole drinking and driving thing, but I'm a nervous wreck vs just being relaxed. Not drunk/ just not in a panic attack which is way worse.

When we drove to NYC and it was my turn to drive through WV it was pouring raining and all I could think of was going off the side of the fucking mountain.

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - MirahM - 01-14-2022

Dangers of driving on this side of the state include: Wildfires, Avalanches, Rock Slides, Falling Cows, Jumping Sheep,

and

[Image: Z7U22YX.png]

Lots of people had good humor and made roadrunner jokes

[Image: 7FFZqC8.png]

RE: FEARLESS DRIVING - MirahM - 01-14-2022

Big Horn Sheep jumped onto passenger vehicle

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-bighorn-sheep-lands-on-car-20171024-story.html

A driver in Washington state escaped injury when a bighorn sheep jumped from a hillside and landed on his car.

The Washington State Patrol says the driver was near the town of Chelan in central Washington on Tuesday when he saw a herd of bighorn sheep on the hillside above the roadway.

One of the animals, a ewe, jumped and smashed the car's windshield.

The driver was not hurt and managed to pull his car over.