Mock
PET DEATH - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: PET DEATH (/thread-14212.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

PET DEATH - Duchess - 01-30-2020

Mockers, have you experienced much pet death in your life?

RE: PET DEATH - Clang McFly - 01-30-2020

(01-30-2020, 06:20 PM)Duchess Wrote: Mockers, have you experienced much pet death in your life?
A golden retriever that died of cancer, a rat that died of old age, a cat that got run over by a truck at 3am. A reindeer that got run over by Grandpa.

RE: PET DEATH - Rootilda - 01-30-2020

Counting back to '81, I've had five cats die. Three dogs from my childhood. A canary. A lovely gourami that I was very fond of.

RE: PET DEATH - Maggot - 01-30-2020

My backyard pet cemetery grows every few years. I can't stand the smell of cremating them.

RE: PET DEATH - MirahM - 01-30-2020

Oh my gosh, I already started crying just seeing this thread title. I thought, "OH NO, Whose animal died? WHY? SO SAD!!!!!!!"

I grew up on a small hobby farm. Experienced death of several animals.
Our 20+ year old cat passed and it was most difficult, I was giving her subqutanious fluids, ugh.
My sister just lost her cocker spaniel this year, it was hard on her.
And a friend just lost her golden this past week.
Oh and a gal I house sat for, her dog Daisy. I am sad just thinking about it.
Yeah, probalby working in a vet office would not have worked well for me.

Maggot, have you cremeated your own animals???

RE: PET DEATH - sally - 01-30-2020

Peanut killed me, I'm down in a hole I can't come out of actually. I let my baby grow her wings out thinking it was the humane thing to do and she got spooked and flew out during a storm. I'm pretty sure she didnt make it out there, but still hoping someone found her and is treating her well.

My husband actually said that he will never forgive me and hold animosity forever  Not that I care, but this was a huge dent in our already awful relationship. She was an intelligent parrot that didn't get her life expectancy which is about 40 years. Fuck me.

I have this muppet now though. She is so freaking cute, but as dumb as a goddamn rock. She barks at the neighbor's garbage can. I told her what a down syndrome asshole she is, but she just keeps acting like a moron.

[Image: miRwB0Ul.jpg]

She is really stupid, but she is so loveable and she is smart about some things. Its hard to figure her out. Shes definitely a gun dog and will not make a peep around a bird. This breed will patiently wait for hours for you to shoot a bird and then they will retrieve it gently.

RE: PET DEATH - BigMark - 01-31-2020

That pic reminds me of Twillas bush.

RE: PET DEATH - BigMark - 01-31-2020

[Image: NzfWxpZ.gif]

RE: PET DEATH - Duchess - 01-31-2020

(01-30-2020, 11:25 PM)sally Wrote: My husband actually said that he will never forgive me and hold animosity forever  

That makes me want to punch him right in his face. POW, right in da kissa. He knows you loved that bird and he knows it broke your heart when Peanut went out the door.

RE: PET DEATH - sally - 01-31-2020

(01-31-2020, 08:12 AM)BigMark Wrote: That pic reminds me of Twillas bush.
It's so cute you just want to give it a big kiss?

One of my horses had to be euthanized yesterday. It wasn't a surprise. I've known for a couple months that the day was coming. He just turned 29 on January 1st, racehorses turn another year older on the first of every year regardless of when they were actually born, that's why you would want your racehorse to foal as close after the new year as possible. He started losing weight a few months ago, he wasn't sick, he was just old. He was still eating and drinking & moving around well but yesterday he laid down and didn't want to get back up. It was time. I didn't want him to suffer. 

I comfort myself by knowing he had a great life. I rescued him years ago. He was no longer a productive racehorse and his owner was going to sell him to the killers and ship him off to Canada. There was nothing wrong with him, he just couldn't race any more and I knew I had enough space and enough love to give him so I brought him home.

RE: PET DEATH - HairOfTheDog - 01-31-2020

I'm glad you're dealing with it well Duchess, even though I'm sure you feel a big loss.  He was very fortunate that you extended his life and made him so comfortable in his golden years.   Smiley_emoticons_bussi

I experienced several pet deaths growing up.  My dad always had a dog of his own and my mom always had lots of dogs, cats, birds, a couple of rabbits, etc...

I'm not looking forward to the day my niece's cat Jay passes away.  She's kind of a loner and loves that cat like he's her child.  Hopefully, he'll be around for many many more years.

Older animals let you know when they've had it. Newman did the same thing, he just laid down one day and wouldn't get back up. It was sad but he had a good long life. Better than what happened to my friend's puppy, the neighbor's dog killed it in their yard right in front of their kids.

Well this is a depressing thread.

RE: PET DEATH - Maggot - 01-31-2020

Thus the thread title Madame Curie.

RE: PET DEATH - HairOfTheDog - 01-31-2020

(01-31-2020, 01:19 PM)sally Wrote: Well this is a depressing thread.

Yeah, but it does have a couple of bright spots.  Your stupid muppet dog is vert cute and Biggie's smart trained rats made me smile.

(01-31-2020, 01:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm not looking forward to the day my niece's cat Jay passes away. 

I thought about her so much when Latte (?) was missing when you first moved to AZ.

I really don't want to fuck up another of the pet's names like last time.