Mock
Pride and Glory - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Pride and Glory (/thread-1438.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Liquid - 02-12-2009

Edward Norton is one of my all time favorites and I loved Fight Club and American History X. Colin Farrell is barely a talent in my opinion. And Jon Voight has been in about 100 movies in the past 2 years. With those 3 and the rest of the cast you would think this cop drama would be pretty good.

But it really, really sucks. It is incredibly boring and unbelievably predictable. An NYPD drug bust goes wrong and 4 cops die. Like virtually all recent cop movies the cops are related (brothers, fathers, etc) and of course one is clean and the other is dirty. But dont worry that I am telling you any spoilers because they show the cops being dirty right away.

the problem with movies like this for me is that they are slow, BUT SEEM SLOWER.

Finally, this is a bad movie for Norton. He seems to coast through the role and his acting is uninspired.

- Borndragon - 02-12-2009

Norton shined in The Incredible Hulk /sarc

- SyberBitch - 02-12-2009

And hollywood proves once again, that a rockin' all-star cast does not a 'great movie' make. :( Sad.

- Middle Finger - 02-12-2009

Borndragon Wrote:Norton shined in The Incredible Hulk /sarc

::laugh::

- LuMPyPussy - 02-12-2009

Anyone see "The Painted Veil"? Wowsa.

- Duchess - 02-12-2009

It's difficult for me to sit still & be quiet for the length of a movie, I'm easily bored but, I'd like to see The Reader...Liquid, have you seen it ?...Jesus, for all I know it could already be on DVD.

This is too bad, I dig Norton. I was worried when I saw the trailer for Pride and Glory. I'm sick of the brothers at odds thing, too.

- Liquid - 02-12-2009

Duchess Wrote:It's difficult for me to sit still & be quiet for the length of a movie, I'm easily bored but, I'd like to see The Reader...Liquid, have you seen it ?...Jesus, for all I know it could already be on DVD.
hey there Duch. No I have not seen the Reader yet, but I want to.

I recently finished The Wackness, Taken and now watching the new Underworld movie.

- Sinister - 02-12-2009

Even the best actors have their flops. Look at Anthony Hopkins, (easily the very best actor of this time) and Hannibal. What a pile of shit that was. I think every actor has to have one flop to their credit. Makes 'em seem more mortal.

Norton is also easily second in line to only Hopkins.

- Cynical Ninja - 02-12-2009

Sinister Wrote:Even the best actors have their flops. Look at Anthony Hopkins, (easily the very best actor of this time) and Hannibal. What a pile of shit that was. I think every actor has to have one flop to their credit. Makes 'em seem more mortal.

If you thought Hannibal was bad check out Hannibal Rising which depicts the origin/childhood of Lector, it really is fucking shit.
The only decent Hannibal films are Manhunter and Silence of the lambs, all the rest are shit, the remake of Manhunter Red Dragon boils my piss it is so bad. Brett Ratner has to be one of the worst directors in Hollywood at the moment.

- Liquid - 02-12-2009

Sinister Wrote:Even the best actors have their flops. Look at Anthony Hopkins, (easily the very best actor of this time) and Hannibal. What a pile of shit that was. I think every actor has to have one flop to their credit. Makes 'em seem more mortal.

now that is a pretty big stretch. I think Hopkins is easily ONE of the best, but the best of the best I am not sure about that. Sure he has one famous memorable award winning character, but there are many actors who you could put in his league or above.
Just a few male actors off the top of my head who's body of work compares or is greater are:

Jack Nickleson
Al Pachino
Robert Diniro
Morgan Freeman
Tom Hanks
Dustin Hoffman
Daniel Day Lewis

All of those have significant careers in one way or another that I think eclipse the career of Hopkins. Again, Hopkins is very good, but there are better IMO.
Robert Redford
Paul Newman

Middle Finger Wrote:. I'm sick of the brothers at odds thing, too.

Me too.

I had had my fill of brothers at odds films after I saw We are the night with Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Wahlberg.

What a load of tripe.

- Liquid - 02-12-2009

Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

Me too.

I had had my fill of brothers at odds films after I saw We are the night with Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Wahlberg.

What a load of tripe.
that is a really bad movie. Just way to overly self indulgent and bloated. More style then actual plot and substance. I agree it sucked.

Liquid Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

Me too.

What a load of tripe.
that is a really bad movie. Just way to overly self indulgent and bloated. More style then actual plot and substance. I agree it sucked.
Phoenix and Wahlberg were heavily involved in the production of that film which could explain why it was such self indulgent, cliche ridden horseshit. The whole idea of Phoenixs' character becoming a cop was ludicrous and the bit at the end when they tell each other they love each other?
::bvomit::

- sally - 02-12-2009

I didn't watch the movie and I won't bother now. I hate Collin Ferral anyway, besides for not having much talent, there is something else about him that I don't like. I can't evenstand looking at him.

- Sinister - 02-12-2009

Liquid Wrote:Sure he has one famous memorable award winning character,
One? ONE??? Are you insane? Legends of the Fall, The Edge, Silence of the Lambs, Meet Joe Black, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Remains of the Day, The Mask of Zorro.....shall I go on?

That man becomes the character he is playing. I like a lot of the others you listed; especially DeNiro and Pacino, but none of them can hold a candle to Hopkins.

Sinister Wrote:
One? ONE??? Are you insane? Legends of the Fall, The Edge, Silence of the Lambs, Meet Joe Black, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Remains of the Day, The Mask of Zorro.....shall I go on?

That man becomes the character he is playing. I like a lot of the others you listed; especially DeNiro and Pacino, but none of them can hold a candle to Hopkins.
Remains of the day is an excellent film and is certainly proof that restraint and classical training can blow away "method" acting any day of the week.

- Liquid - 02-12-2009

Sinister Wrote:

I agree he is good, but I don't think he is of the level of those other guys.

I enjoyed Hannibal Rising and seeing the origin.

Middle Finger Wrote:I enjoyed Hannibal Rising and seeing the origin.
So your taste in women is as bad as your taste in films then?

That film totally ruined the mystique of the character.

It got 15% at Rotten Tomatoes and rightly so.

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/hannibal_rising/