Mock
ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES (/thread-14902.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Duchess - 12-14-2023

(12-13-2023, 01:24 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Yeah I'm pro-life. I'm tired of being ashamed and pretending I'm not.

You don't have to pretend you're not, Clangy. You are as entitled to your opinion as everyone else. No one has to like it or agree with it, it's yours. That's how I view my own opinion.    Dramaqueen

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Clang McFly - 12-14-2023

(12-14-2023, 09:21 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 01:24 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Yeah I'm pro-life. I'm tired of being ashamed and pretending I'm not.

You don't have to pretend you're not, Clangy. You are as entitled to your opinion as everyone else. No one has to like it or agree with it, it's yours. That's how I view my own opinion.    Dramaqueen

I know. I like to avoid confrontation so sometimes it's easier to pretend I'm whatever the majority are.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - sally - 12-14-2023

I don’t know why they can’t just make a 15 week limit on it with certain exceptions and just shut the fuck up about it already. Jesus Christ.

(12-14-2023, 02:25 PM)sally Wrote: I don’t know why they can’t just make a 15 week limit on it with certain exceptions and just shut the fuck up about it already. Jesus Christ.

I don't know why women can't just stop murdering their babies, except for medical complications. Adoption is almost always an option.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - rothschild - 12-14-2023

(12-14-2023, 03:18 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 02:25 PM)sally Wrote: I don’t know why they can’t just make a 15 week limit on it with certain exceptions and just shut the fuck up about it already. Jesus Christ.

I don't know why women can't just stop murdering their babies, except for medical complications. Adoption is almost always an option.

Would you be ok if the state came to you and said that because you have two healthy kidneys, you have to give one to your neighbor because his life depends on it, or would you tell it to fuck off and keep it's nose out of your body?

(12-14-2023, 04:41 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 03:18 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Would you be ok if the state came to you and said that because you have two healthy kidneys, you have to give one to your neighbor because his life depends on it, or would you tell it to fuck off and keep it's nose out of your body?

I'm a people pleaser(pushover). I'd gladly give my neighbor one of my kidneys even if I wasn't forced to by the government. Provided we were a match and the neighbor's body wouldn't reject my kidney.

(12-14-2023, 06:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 04:41 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 03:18 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

I'm a people pleaser(pushover). I'd gladly give my neighbor one of my kidneys even if I wasn't forced to by the government. Provided we were a match and the neighbor's body wouldn't reject my kidney.

What if you didn't want to give up one of your kidneys? How would you feel about being forced to?

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - MirahM - 12-14-2023

A kidney is not a baby RC.

(12-14-2023, 10:57 PM)MirahM Wrote: A kidney is not a baby RC.

Exactly! And I wouldn't be murdering my kidney. My neighbor could adopt my healthy kidney into his or her loving organ family.

It's an analogy re the precedent set by allowing government to have jurisdiction over our organs.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - rothschild - 12-15-2023

(12-14-2023, 11:07 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Exactly! And I wouldn't be murdering my kidney. My neighbor could adopt my healthy kidney into his or her loving organ family.

What if you were an obstetrician and the state told you that if you didn't perform abortions you'd lose your license to practice medicine? Would that be acceptable?

Should the state be a moral/ideological arbiter, or shouldn't it?

Re murder, do you think a fetus has unconditional occupancy of it's mother's womb? If so, why?

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Duchess - 12-15-2023

People need to mind their own business. Your neighbors medical issues aren't anyone's business and that's some fuckin' gall for the neighborhood to think it is. 

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Clang McFly - 12-15-2023

(12-15-2023, 12:02 AM)rothschild Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 11:07 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Exactly! And I wouldn't be murdering my kidney. My neighbor could adopt my healthy kidney into his  or her loving organ family.

What if you were an obstetrician and the state told you that if you didn't perform abortions you'd lose your license to practice medicine? Would that be acceptable?

Re murder, do you think a fetus has unconditional occupancy of it's mother's womb? If so, why?

Yes if I was an obstetrician I'd happily lose my license, find a new career or go into early retirement.

The state should be a moral arbiter on a case by case basis. I certainly think women murdering their babies qualifies for that.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - rothschild - 12-15-2023

(12-15-2023, 07:26 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Exactly! And I wouldn't be murdering my kidney. My neighbor could adopt my healthy kidney into his  or her loving organ family.

Yes if I was an obstetrician I'd happily lose my license, find a new career or go into early retirement.

The state should be a moral arbiter on a case by case basis. I certainly think women murdering their babies qualifies for that.

I don't think you'd be happy to lose your license. I think you'd much prefer not being put in that position.

Re morality, it comes in many different flavors, just like culture. What principle justifies government being allowed to impose it's brand of morality on people?
Isn't that why we have the separation of church and state, to prevent the imposition of religious dogma on those who don't subscribe to it?

Re murder, do you think a fetus has an unconditional right to maintain occupancy of it's mother's womb until birth? If so, why? What principle would that be based in, and should that principle be enforced in all facets of human life?

Using emotionally charged words like "murder" is not indicative of a well-reasoned argument. It's a logical fallacy. Can you try and come up with a reasoned argument in support of your opinion that doesn't appeal to emotion?

(12-15-2023, 08:04 AM)rothschild Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 07:26 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:

I don't think you'd be happy to lose your license. I think you'd much prefer not being put in that position. 

Re morality, it comes in many different flavors, just like culture. What principle justifies government being allowed to impose it's brand of morality on people?
Isn't that why we have the separation of church and state, to prevent the imposition of religious dogma on those who don't subscribe to it?

Re murder, do you think a fetus has an unconditional right to maintain occupancy of it's mother's womb until birth? If so, why? What principle would that be based in, and should that principle be enforced in all facets of human life?

Using emotionally charged words like "murder" is not indicative of a well-reasoned argument. It's a logical fallacy. Can you try and come up with a reasoned argument in support of your opinion that doesn't appeal to emotion?
FUCK NO. MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - MirahM - 12-15-2023

So Clang should all the women who have ever had an abortion be killed now,? How about any time a mxn pressured a woman to have an abortion? Should he be killed also? Or how about if the guy just didn't offer support or offer to adopt the baby? He should be killed too.
We'd be killing a lot of politicians, this is a good idea.

(12-15-2023, 02:11 PM)MirahM Wrote: So Clang should all the women who have ever had an abortion be killed now,? How about any time a mxn pressured a woman to have an abortion? Should he be killed also? Or how about if the guy just didn't offer support or offer to adopt the baby? He should be killed too.
We'd be killing a lot of politicians, this is a good idea.

No. Yes. Maybe?

What about people's right to privacy? I rarely see anyone mention that.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - sally - 12-15-2023

Well you didn’t think the same about that stupid ass Covid shot you were all for not too long ago.

I've never been privy to anyone's vaccinations unless they talk about it themself. If you're someone who works around people and you're complaining you'll lose your job if you don't comply with being vaccinated of course I'm going to have something to say, you just made your business my business.