Mock
ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES (/thread-14902.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - sally - 04-14-2022

They don't even give exceptions for fetal anomalies from what I read. Fucking idiots.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Maggot - 04-14-2022

Can children be aborted when they turn 14?

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - sally - 04-14-2022

This is why I like DeSantis, at least he has common sense. He just signed the bill to ban abortion after 15 weeks except in cases of fetal anomalies and when the women's life is in jeopardy. 15 weeks is perfectly acceptable, I've had three kids and it's plenty of time to know you're pregnant and make a decision.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Duchess - 04-15-2022

(04-14-2022, 01:16 PM)sally Wrote: This is why I like DeSantis, at least he has common sense. He just signed the bill to ban abortion after 15 weeks except in cases of fetal anomalies and when the women's life is in jeopardy. 15 weeks is perfectly acceptable, I've had three kids and it's plenty of time to know you're pregnant and make a decision.

There are no exceptions for rape, incest or trafficking.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - sally - 04-15-2022

15 weeks is plenty of time to know you're pregnant and do something whether it was rape or not.

I dont even know why it's controversial because 15 weeks is enough time. I could see in the case of a 13 year old girl who is scared and doesn't know what to do, but regardless of the circumstances or situation you can't just go killing babies at whatever point you want to. Between 16 and 24 many women can already feel them moving, I couldn't even bring myself to have an abortion at that point unless there was a fetal anomaly.

(04-15-2022, 01:10 PM)sally Wrote: 15 weeks is plenty of time to know you're pregnant and do something whether it was rape or not.

(04-15-2022, 01:41 PM)sally Wrote: I dont even know why it's controversial because 15 weeks is enough time. I could see in the case of a 13 year old girl who is scared and doesn't know what to do, but regardless of the circumstances or situation you can't just go killing babies at whatever point you want to. Between 16 and 24 many women can already feel them moving, I couldn't even bring myself to have an abortion at that point.

I knew you would find a way to justify it.

My justification is that I've had an abortion and three kids and I know that 15 weeks is plenty of time. Why does anyone need more time other than fetal abnormalities that often aren't detected until after 16 weeks? And if you're one of those weirdo fat ladies that don't know you're pregnant until the kid is doing somersaults in there then tough shit.

I was late finding out I was pregnant Jayne because I didn't think I could get pregnant and even then she was the size of a spec of rice and no detectable heartbeat. There really is no excuse to wait around until you can feel the kid kicking you.

(04-15-2022, 02:10 PM)sally Wrote: My justification is that I've had an abortion and three kids and I know that 15 weeks is plenty of time. 

Generally speaking, I am not disagreeing with you, but that is YOUR experience, it's not everyone's.

One thing I frequently notice is that many people think an abortion is a decision made lightly and I don't agree with that. It is a momentous decision and one that isn't easily made. I certainly don't think women should be using it as a form of birth control for fucks sake.

Shit happens in life and no woman, nor an abused kid, should be forced to go through with an unwanted pregnancy. 

It's appalling that any person would think they have a say in one's highly personal decision/s. These are decisions made between a woman and her doctor, not a woman and the citizens of the United States.

So at what point do you think it should be cut off or not at all, just let it be a free for all and nobodies buisness other than the woman and her doctor?

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - BigMark - 04-15-2022

I ain't tellin yall what to do wit your hoo haa.

Giving a woman a reasonable amount of time to have an abortion is obviously not forcing them to have an unwanted pregnancy. By 15 weeks the majority of women have known they were pregnant and have time to make a decision before the fetus further develops. Florida had a 24 week ban prior to this and at 24 weeks the baby can hear, move and weighs one pound. I'm pro-choice, but there comes a point where it's highly unethical unless there are health problems.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Maggot - 04-15-2022

The partial birth abortions are horrible ...................shut-up kid, then pop a hole in their head as they are in the birth canal.

(04-15-2022, 03:29 PM)sally Wrote:  but there comes a point where it's highly unethical unless there are health problems.

I agree. I am telling you that I agree! All I'm saying is that everyone's situation is different. We don't know why they find themselves past the point of no return, according to Florida law, and I don't believe this is cause for a one size fits all law. I don't agree with it at all. I don't even have a dog in this fight, but you do and you'd want the best for your girls if they ever found themselves in dire straights. 

If you're not on birth control it's nice that you can now get the morning after pill and stop that bitch in its tracks. Kinda pricey though.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - BigMark - 04-16-2022

They put the perm, in sperm.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - rothschild - 04-16-2022

(04-14-2022, 11:14 AM)sally Wrote: They don't even give exceptions for fetal anomalies from what I read. Fucking idiots.

They're extremists, just like the people that run Planned Parenthood. Extremism begets extremism.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - Duchess - 04-18-2022

They are the same people who got (and get) so pissy about having to wear a mask because they think it's against their constitutional rights yet they want to have control over a woman's uterus. Rules for thee, but not for me. They are sickening.

RE: ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES - sally - 04-18-2022

The same can be said for the other side. They think that late term abortions and giving minors puberty blockers and gender reassignment surgeries should be a private matter between the patient and physician, but covid vaccines should not. Those should be forced or lose your livelihood.