Mock
LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ (/thread-4210.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Lady Cop - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 05:41 PM)Maggot Wrote: Can you freeze blueberries?

yes. but they won't retain same shape and texture. sprinkle them with some sugar in freezer baggie. they can be used in muffins and cobblers.
so did you go to your blueberry spot today? hah is your tongue blue?

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Maggot - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 05:44 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:

yes. but they won't retain same shape and texture. sprinkle them with some sugar in freezer baggie. they can be used in muffins and cobblers.
so did you go to your blueberry spot today? hah is your tongue blue?

No my wife had a presentation at the college and I had to go home and tickle the children. Friday I will pick a bucket or two. I may take a 3 hr lunch.

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - kitty1 - 07-22-2011

LC- is there NO sugar in that blueberry muffin recipe???

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Lady Cop - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 10:35 AM)kitty1 Wrote: LC- is there NO sugar in that blueberry muffin recipe???

you can add a cup, i should have noted that. they are good either way.

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - kitty1 - 07-22-2011

I just got done making blueberry muffins and a blueberry cobbler. Haven't tasted the cobbler yet, but the muffins are excellent!! I ended up using a sour cream recipe for the muffins. We buy in bulk at Sam's and I had a gigundo container of sour cream that I needed to use up. I made a struesel topping too. My husband walked in and caught me shoveling one in my mouth. I must have been making a lot of "Mmmm" noises because he asked me if I'd like to be alone! Ha

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Duchess - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 02:44 PM)kitty1 Wrote: I must have been making a lot of "Mmmm" noises because he asked me if I'd like to be alone! Ha

hah Funny

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - IMaDick - 07-22-2011

Is this your first year of picking blueberries?

If you want to freeze them blanch them in sugar water, and then freeze them in the juice.

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Lady Cop - 07-22-2011

Dick: If you want to freeze them blanch them in sugar water, and then freeze them in the juice.

blanch them and you'll have blueberry soup.

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Duchess - 07-22-2011

I would like to have a chocolate milkshake, please. No fat, no calories, just a large chocolate shake. Thanks!

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - IMaDick - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 02:56 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Dick: If you want to freeze them blanch them in sugar water, and then freeze them in the juice.

No you won't you will have their natural sugar and flavor preserved in them, blanched is hot water not boiling.

like strawberries, you freeze them as is. Smiley_emoticons_razz

string beans, you blanch. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

do it the way you want. hah

Blanching is simple: Foods are briefly cooked in BOILING water, then submerged in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.

(07-22-2011, 03:11 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(07-22-2011, 02:56 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Dick: If you want to freeze them blanch them in sugar water, and then freeze them in the juice.

No you won't you will have their natural sugar and flavor preserved in them, blanched is hot water not boiling.
As usual, I have to agree with LC on this! I'm sorry to say that you have no idea what you're talking about Dicky!

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Lady Cop - 08-12-2011

it's August and that means New England butter & sugar corn! it's only around in August, so you have to eat your fill of the yellow and white juicy sweet kernals~~
i'm going out to a farm stand today and get my fair share since i don't grow corn. YUMMY! it is the sweetest corn anywhere, and do not be fooled by other corns claiming to be sweet! i have been known to have nothing but sweet corn and fresh-picked tomatoes for supper the entire month! 17

[Image: 1279461124mSRctb.jpg]

[Image: 3841125650_5a558e9b02_z.jpg]

[Image: 3285539117_c25fc72170.jpg]

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Cracker - 08-13-2011

I love corn off the grill and fresh tomato sandwiches on soft white bread. I only buy white bread during tomato season and for leftover turkey sandwiches.

We were talking about cocktail wieners in another thread. Does everybody around the country make these?:

1 (12 oz.) jar chili sauce
1 (10 oz.) jar grape jelly
1 (16 oz.) pkg. Lil Smokie sausages

Dump everything in the crock pot on high, turn to low when heated thoroughly. Serve with toothpicks and beer.

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Fibonacci Prima - 08-13-2011

Corn on the cob...drool. I love super sweet silver queen corn.

Making sugar almond white choccy cookies with a hint if lemon. Want one?

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Lady Cop - 08-13-2011

yes.i.do!! gimme.cookie.now! [Image: Cookie_Monster_by_wabazuza.gif]

i just had my butter&sugar corn for supper, it was soooo fresh and sweet and good! butter dripping all over me!

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Fibonacci Prima - 08-13-2011

First batch just came out of the oven and three kids descended like locusts upon them. I think that means they're good. Will get pics just for fun.

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - trixie - 08-13-2011

(08-13-2011, 05:34 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i just had my butter&sugar corn for supper, it was soooo fresh and sweet and good! butter dripping all over me!

Mmmmm! That sounds so delicious.

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - sally - 08-19-2011

(08-13-2011, 01:33 PM)Cracker Wrote: We were talking about cocktail wieners in another thread.

Of course, once again Dick is the topic of conversation.

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - Lady Cop - 08-20-2011

here are two worth posting...my Mom always made these delicious Maryland crabcakes ( i grew up in Maryland).

[Image: top10_crabcakes_s4x3_lg.jpg]

[Image: 300659-Crab-Cakes.jpg]

Maryland Style Crab Cakes

Ingredients:

1 tbsp minced basil

3 tbsp mayonnaise

1 egg

¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp mustard

2 tbsp bread crumbs

1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning or seafood spice (this is to taste, use less if you don’t want the spice)

12 oz crabmeat, drained, flaked and checked for shells

4 tbsp olive oil

Preparation:

1. Mix together basil, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and seasoning.

2. Add crabmeat to mixture and toss lightly

3. Form crab into round patties. Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Chill the patties in the freezer for 15 minutes, this will help them stay together when cooking

4. In medium-sized skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Place 2-3 crab cakes in the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.

5. Garnish with tartar sauce or lemon. Serve and enjoy!

**Cook’s note. Please be careful, as hot oil will splatter when the crab cakes are placed in the hot skillet to be cooked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
loved this in Miami!

Latin-style Shrimp
Serves 4

12 large shrimp, cleaned and peeled
12 cup dark rum
1 sprig rosemary
1 clove garlic, minced
12 cup of chopped cilantro, chives or basil
1 heaping tablespoon sweet chili sauce
12 slices prosciutto
2 limes cut into wedges
2 cups plain yogurt

In a large bowl, mix the rum, rosemary, sweet chili, garlic, and chives. Add the shrimp and allow to marinate for two to four hours. Remove shrimp from marinade and wrap the prosciutto around each shrimp. Impale three shrimp on a single skewer. Place them on the grill for about two minutes for each side, or until they become pink.

Arrange on a plate, add lime wedges, yogurt and sprinkle with chopped cilantro, chives or basil.

[Image: FNL%20grill%20drunken%20shrimp.jpg]