Mock
TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! (/thread-5854.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - Duchess - 06-07-2011

Can you smell the smoke? I saw some photos an online friend who lives in New Mexico took and it looks like fog & everything is covered in ash. Are you experiencing that as well?

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - BlueTiki - 06-07-2011

None. It's weird.

I mentioned in an email that AZ is reminding me of Florida or Texas the way it's burning.

I live in Scottsdale. It's a suburb of the Phoenix metro area. (I know I'm going to regret posting that after fifteen minutes.)

All of these fires are at least 120 miles away in three different directions. Friends and neighbors have summer retreats in the fire areas. Some are two miles away from the fire line. None are allowed in to either check on or retrieve property.

And they are out of control. The fires and the emotions of my friends.

When we flew home, two weeks ago, I pointed out a large fire. It's the one STILL burning in the southeast corner of AZ!

My apologies to the folks in New Mexico for the quality of your air.

And no . . . it's not me and the relatives having a conference call, causing the smoke.

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - Duchess - 06-07-2011

(06-07-2011, 02:04 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: And no . . . it's not me and the relatives having a conference call, causing the smoke.

hah Funny girl. I see a lot of that kind of humor in some people that I love.

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - Lady Cop - 06-07-2011

i'm glad you're out of the range of fire Tiki!

i know it's awful for everyone in the path. :(

i experienced that horrible situation in florida years ago, an entire county evacuated, and homes very close to mine burned down. scary shit. and it seems to happen every year.

AZ--->

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - username - 06-07-2011

Good thing you can ship that stuff off to NM. A couple of years ago when California was suffering from a ton of wildfires, our world literally turned orange/grey. For weeks. And it was hot. It was awful. The winds must be blessing Scottsdale.

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - Cracker - 06-07-2011

Are you Dirty Army, Tiki? hahaha

Is this officially a drought year yet?

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - aussiefriend - 06-07-2011

Armageddon! Its the end of the world........again

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - Luke Warmwater - 06-07-2011

phoenix and its surrounds....what a soul-less fucking pig sty.

I have access to a condo in Gilbert...of course getting there would entail flying.

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - BlueTiki - 06-07-2011

(06-07-2011, 07:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
I have access to a condo in Gilbert...of course getting there would entail flying.

Gilbert is to the southeast of me.

This winter . . . come give a visit. You can tan your whole stay!

Bring Cowboy, too.

Pick-up Mock's strays, along the way.

I'll keep a CFL on, just for the you and the gang!

Go Greyhound! hah

Thanks, Tiki! I'd love to pick up stray Mockers along the way! I've wanted to have a Mock get together for a long time but us Mockers are all over the place.

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - aussiefriend - 06-07-2011

I would love that! Although I would pretend to be someone else.....oh I forgot you guys know what i look like, I could wear a disguise and dress up as OP.

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - Mohammed - 06-08-2011

See, there are some advantages living up here in Sana'a.

Nothing that could burn and no Tsunami that could get that far!

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - BlueTiki - 06-08-2011

They're evacuating more folks. Eager is a ghost town. Springerville is next.

Congressman Gossar (AZ) is blaming the Feds for failing to come through with the proposed jobs that allegedly would have been clearing the forests of fuel. (I'm not buying it. That's an easy target.)

It moved faster than expected. Dozers weren't able to cut a fire line in time. With the current winds and projected winds, they're fucked.

Red Cross beg-a-thons on all the news stations. Cash only!

No donations of water, clothes, food, animal feed or transport. Supposedly, it's a logistic problem.

To date . . . no pictures of firefighters' weaners . . . or any other chow.

Just their mess tent.

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - FAHQTOO - 06-08-2011

(06-07-2011, 10:49 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I would love that! Although I would pretend to be someone else.....oh I forgot you guys know what i look like, I could wear a disguise and dress up as OP.

Not sure if you could pull that off or not. You would have to shrink about 6 inches and die your hair Strawberry Blonde.

A Mock party would be awesome. I'd even go so far as to buy some of my uncles $100 a quarter weed for me, Duchess and Maggot... and anyone else who wants to be naughty and break the law. We would have to put LC on a gag order to not disclose any details of our party, Being a cop and all. You'll have to leave your cop conscience at home LC. hah

Now they're pulling firefighters out of the town of Greer . . . for their own safety.

It's Apache land that's burning.

Time for a dance and chants.

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - Lady Cop - 06-08-2011

F2: You'll have to leave your cop conscience at home LC.

hey, i have no jurisdiction there. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Tiki, someone in AZ just mailed me some fire photos, mostly forests burning, they were very frightening. he said he's smelling smoke a lot too, but i didn't ask his town. duh. anyway, i hope you get the hell out of there soon. you can come here.

I'm good here.

But my friends and neighbors own homes and cabins in Greer and Alpine. They are freaked!

One has over two hundred head of cattle. Summer grazing range. Have no idea what he and his wranglers are doing or where they are at this time.

I'd be at my wit's end.

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - FAHQTOO - 06-08-2011

Not sure if you could pull that off or not. You would have to shrink about 6 inches and die your hair Strawberry Blonde.

Dye, that is...

RE: TIKI! TIKI! TIKI! - Lady Cop - 06-11-2011

saturday

Smiley_emoticons_shocked TIKI! you OK?

SPRINGERVILLE, Ariz. – An eye-stinging, throat-burning haze of smoke spewing from a gigantic wildfire in eastern Arizona is beginning to stretch as far east as central New Mexico, prompting health officials to warn residents as far away as Albuquerque about potential respiratory hazards.

The 672-square-mile blaze was no longer just an Arizona problem on Saturday as firefighters moved to counter spot fires sprouting up across the state line and lighting their own fires to beat it back. The forest fire remained largely uncontained and officials worried that the return of gusty southwesterly winds during the afternoon could once again threaten small mountain communities that had been largely saved just a few days ago.

Levels of tiny, sooty particles from the smoke in eastern Arizona were nearly 20 times the federal health standard on Saturday. The good news was that was down from roughly 40 times higher a day earlier, but it was all at the mercy of the ever-changing winds.

Sunday could get even worse, said Mark Shaffer of the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.

"Things got better but they're still bad," Shaffer said Saturday.

The microscopic particles, about 1/28th the width of a human hair, can get lodged in the lungs and cause serious health problems, both immediate and long-term, Shaffer said.

"Larger particles, you breathe in and you cough and it tends to get rid of it," he said, adding that the tiny particles get "very, very deep into your system and are very difficult to expel."

Shaffer said the forecast for Sunday was "pretty scary."

"It's looking very unsettled, and they're predicting winds out of the southeast to the northeast and heavy impact along Interstate 40 ... It's very problematic for both states."