Mock
Republican Debate - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Republican Debate (/thread-5881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Republican Debate - username - 06-13-2011

I figured I might as well start a thread so we can discuss the results after.

Will you watch it?

RE: Republican Debate - BlueTiki - 06-13-2011

Nope.

Nor any other political party's "debate".

RE: Republican Debate - Duchess - 06-13-2011

Probably not but I will be reading about it. I'm curious to see how Michele Bachmann conducts herself.

RE: Republican Debate - username - 06-13-2011

(06-13-2011, 07:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Probably not but I will be reading about it. I'm curious to see how Michele Bachmann conducts herself.

Well, she just announced she's running!

She may have just lost my vote. She said something about getting rid of or slashing the EPA. Fuck that. I grew up in So. California and I remember the smog, the sewage getting pumped in to the ocean etc. I don't want that for my kids; taking care of the environment is important to me.

Somebody else just said get rid of, or limit the power of, the NLRB. I'm cool with that. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Poor Newt. He seems to be getting largely ignored.

None of you need to watch. I'll give you the play-by-play.

hah

*gasp* Ron Paul is impressing me. :O

RE: Republican Debate - Maggot - 06-13-2011

Ron Paul is a smart guy.

(06-13-2011, 09:05 PM)Maggot Wrote: Ron Paul is a smart guy.

I'm seeing that (in between the Obama bashing by some of the other candidates). He seems like the most well-versed, pragmatic, honest candidate (at least as far as economic issues are concerned).

The first debate they will not bash each other , maybe the next one. They all will bash Obama though, as it should be.

I am watching it by the way. In between making some egg salad.

WMUR is a left leaning television station, but they are doing a good job at staying in the center. The Union leader paper is a conservative paper and the Concord Monitor is liberal left.

I'm really liking Ron Paul! The questions on gay marriage and gays serving in the military...

Score 2 Ron!

He hasn't officially entered the race, right?

(06-13-2011, 09:24 PM)username Wrote: I'm really liking Ron Paul! The questions on gay marriage and gays serving in the military...

Score 2 Ron!

He hasn't officially entered the race, right?

He is a constitutionalist and sticks with the law. He will enter. I wish he would win and send a message to government. I believe he supports term limits which makes him an outcast in Washington.

A break with Bush policies. It seems like most of the candidates are advocating for a more isolationist position. Get out of Afghanistan, Iraq, we shouldn't have gone in to Libya...

Michelle should have picked between Elvis and Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash, baby!

BTW, I'm watching in between making chicken enchiladas, corn bread, refried beans and coleslaw. I win!!!

I like how Ron Paul got a dig at the Federal reserve.........everyone clapped. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(06-13-2011, 09:59 PM)Maggot Wrote: I like how Ron Paul got a dig at the Federal reserve.........everyone clapped. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Damn. Missed that. Hopefully I'll see it in the reviews. He's in the CNN reviews...off to watch.

RE: Republican Debate - sally - 06-13-2011

I caught the end of it. I like Ron Paul the most out of all of them.

(06-13-2011, 10:30 PM)sally Wrote: I caught the end of it. I like Ron Paul the most out of all of them.

Me too. He was the one who DIDN'T spout the whole conservative, evangelical, right-wing, republican party agenda. Liked him.