Mock
Has evolution - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Has evolution (/thread-6288.html)

Pages: 1 2

Has evolution - IMaDick - 08-14-2011

Caused the deterioration of our society? Are we de evolving back into animals who have no concern for other people, are they just prey?

Or are we evolving into a more agressive form of life more animalistic that has no concern for other people?

or has evolution stopped and we are just assholes going nowhere?

RE: Has evolution - Fibonacci Prima - 08-14-2011

Well, no. Because we always evolve and grow. But it's a personal journey, not a species related one. The sooner you get that we, as individuals, define the future, the more you make your own decisions count. One voice barely makes a sound. If you let that quiet you, there'd be nothing. Evolution is not just a physical change...it's many voices making the way for change.

Now go make me a damn sammich!!

RE: Has evolution - IMaDick - 08-14-2011

So each person is there own species, now that makes sense, no sammiches until after.

So evolution is not just physical it's also behavior, you know when I think about it like that then were fucked because peoples behavior these days sucks. it has to be de evolution otherwise we would be like the Greeks a peaceful and tranquil people. only occupying our minds with meditation and philosophical anomalies.

RE: Has evolution - Cracker - 08-14-2011

[Image: greek-persian-wars-2.jpg]

(08-14-2011, 02:07 AM)IMaDick Wrote: it has to be de evolution otherwise we would be like the Greeks a peaceful and tranquil people. only occupying our minds with meditation and philosophical anomalies.

hah

[Image: 300.jpeg]

RE: Has evolution - Fibonacci Prima - 08-14-2011

It's our choice. God gave us freedom of choice. Our collective choice in the days of the apple and the serpent dictate the arc of devolution we now endure. We will pay that price til the bitter end. Our task now is to be the example as much as we can. That's the best we can do. Raise our children to care, be good, and believe as best we can. But no one can be forced. It's the choice God allowed us from the start.

God has no place in the theory of evolution, you must be drunk or I am?

Sorry, folks, evolution isn't a choice. OK, maybe alligators said no thank you, but the rest of us evolve.

If you want proof, look up peer-reviewed literature on North American songbirds. Because we cut down forests, their wings have changed over the last hundred years. They are more pointed now. Other birds, who now live in heavily forested areas, have more rounded wings.

Humans have changed, too. We digest food differently now because we no longer just eat meat. Also, people are able to digest lactose into adulthood. That ability was previously turned off in early childhood as only children drank milk before cattle were domesticated. There are many examples if you bother to look.

You can't blame evolution for anything. It has ALWAYS existed. It's like blaming the Sun for shining.

Blame humans for educating themselves. Well, most humans.

(08-14-2011, 02:05 AM)IMaDick Wrote: So each person is there own species, now that makes sense, no sammiches until after.

Quoting this so you can't change it. Smiley_emoticons_smile

How can adults not know anything about 7th grade Biology? It isn't a new concept, this new-fangled evilution.

You can't control it. You can't stop it. You can pretend it doesn't exist and maybe it will go away. haha

There is behavioral evolution, of course, but it has more to do with animal behaviors and how they interact with each other and their environment.

You two really have an argument with anthropological evolution and cultural evolution. Those are your true demons.

I hope you two are embarrassed in the morning. I know I am for wasting half my day fighting a losing battle. My hope is that someone will read all this and be inspired to pick up a book. Smiley_emoticons_smile A different book, not that Book. You already read that Book. Try a different book. There are a bunch more.

evolution and adaptation have always been different until tonight.

I have a blind cat that evolved before my eyes to deal with it, he hears and smells better than any cat I have ever seen, his whiskers on his face grew longer and his eyebrows have also grown longer.

I wonder if I breed him if those traits will be passed along to his offspring?

wait a minute he did breed, and I can tell you for a fact those traits were not passed on to his offspring, was it evolution or adaptation? are they the same as is being stated by an unnamed dillweed or did his body simple compensate (adapt to his disability) or did he evolve?

perhaps evolution is driven by disability? perhaps when a life form encounters a climate,circumstance that it is ill prepared for it evolves and then passes those traits on to its offspring over many generations but that would require that each generation start with a blind cat wouldn't it?

well now how does that work? since evolution says we all originated in the same fucking place, we must have all started out black why did some of us turn white and others the main race stay black?

Oh well I'm sure there is a scientific explaination for it so it is all good..

RE: Has evolution - Luke Warmwater - 08-14-2011

For an simple example of evolving, try Googling 'Batesian mimicry'...

Coral snake -V- scarlet king snake type thing.

(08-14-2011, 02:48 AM)IMaDick Wrote: evolution and adaptation have always been different until tonight.

I have a blind cat that evolved before my eyes to deal with it, he hears and smells better than any cat I have ever seen, his whiskers on his face grew longer and his eyebrows have also grown longer.

I wonder if I breed him if those traits will be passed along to his offspring?

wait a minute he did breed, and I can tell you for a fact those traits were not passed on to his offspring, was it evolution or adaptation? are they the same as is being stated by an unnamed dillweed or did his body simple compensate (adapt to his disability) or did he evolve?

perhaps evolution is driven by disability? perhaps when a life form encounters a climate,circumstance that it is ill prepared for it evolves and then passes those traits on to its offspring over many generations but that would require that each generation start with a blind cat wouldn't it?

well now how does that work? since evolution says we all originated in the same fucking place, we must have all started out black why did some of us turn white and others the main race stay black?

Oh well I'm sure there is a scientific explaination for it so it is all good..

That's exactly right, Dick. The piece you are missing is natural selection. It takes an adaptation many generations to "take hold" in a species. If the world suddenly became darker, more cats would have longer whiskers. The whole process is evolution. Evolution includes adaptation, natural selection, and gene migration (gene migration happens when certain specific DNA markers are spread across different areas). Humans are now mixing more, so we are seeing more gene migration. The traits that make humans better able to survive will stay. The traits that cause humans to perish will go. Plants and animals also spread and share DNA markers.

Evolution isn't a dirty word in and of itself. The evolution of man, specifically the origins of mankind, is the hot button issue. Anthropologists deal with that more, but here is an example of what the "tree" looks like:

[Image: 200px-Age-of-Man-wiki.jpg]

This is what pisses people off. You'll notice there is one branch of origin. I don't like to think we came from shield-headed fishes, either, so I leave that part alone. Anthropology was never my discipline. Genesis does say the oceans were first, so who knows. It will always remain a theory because none of us witnessed it. Maybe the ancients described it the best they could. I don't know for certain. I'm more worried about where we are going than where we have been.

Evolution in my world consists of creation and adaptation based on environment, any other thought process is fucked up.

When God leaves the equation then you have taken the first step toward making mankind the most powerful with nothing in between the powerful and the weak, sorry it simply cannot be that way.

our potential rests in God and the rest is arbitrary and by necessity derived from pain and suffering.

I guess you will not understand what I'm saying you have read one to many books instead of just simply looking around you for the information, in my world this is just another time that education actually makes you a dumb ass and vulnerable to a doctrine that will if allowed to continue bring everything we know and love to an end.

evolution doesn't stand in opposition to creation it is in fact an aspect of the creator that stands as a great mystery to most of the people who are alive today, but was the true source of power to our founders, they adapted and become stronger because of it, today we are weaker because of the denial of a creator that stands above all and empowers all that recognises him. our world our country is in decline because man wants to be God, it is a repeat of the garden, it's not new but it is tragic because we have so much more knowledge than the first time.

RE: Has evolution - cladking - 08-15-2011

The human species has been devolving for at least 4500 years and likely much longer. There is no longer selection for intelligence or any of the human characteristics that led to civilization. We now are primarily selected on the ability to drive and penis size.

In 5000 years there will be a bunch of dicks swinging from trees seeking mates who would make great drivers if there were still cars. They'll probably be doing their nai;ls as they swing and run into one another. The digital age will go on and on.

RE: Has evolution - Cracker - 08-16-2011

You forgot the female of the species. Unless you are volunteering men to squeeze a baby out of their urethra. In which case, we accept.

RE: Has evolution - NightOwl - 08-16-2011

Post #15 Well said! Excellent! IMaDick.

Have you read the Humanist Manifesto?

Thanks!

RE: Has evolution - Cracker - 08-16-2011

(08-14-2011, 04:16 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Evolution in my world consists of creation and adaptation based on environment, any other thought process is fucked up.

When God leaves the equation then you have taken the first step toward making mankind the most powerful with nothing in between the powerful and the weak, sorry it simply cannot be that way.

No shit, Dick. That's what adaption is based on, changing to be better able to live in a specific environment. It's all about survival. In other words, you believe in evolution. There, I said it for you. If you are damned later, I'll put in a good word for you.

You lazy fuckers want someone else to be responsible for you and your actions and your future. God is the Father Of Entitlement. It's not enough that He created you and the entire fucking universe, you want Him to take Personal responsibility for every fat bitch you pork and every drink you take. Very nice. God must be past irritated. I hope He smites you lazy fuckers for not taking His gift and running with it...

RE: Has evolution - FAHQTOO - 08-16-2011

I'm more worried about where we are going than where we have been.

My ex thinks that George Jetson is going to show up at our doors and take us all to another planet in his space car. I know he is right, because he told me he was...28