Mock
vision, hearing and other handicaps... - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: vision, hearing and other handicaps... (/thread-670.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Lady Cop - 06-08-2009

Ant's thread made me think about eyesight. it's so precious. the sheriff dept. doctor was amazed that my vision is that of an eagle...i have spotted a tiny gold braceletin an acre of grass. not kidding. very handy skill in firearms. ::gunner::

BUT....i can't hear for shit! ::blink::duh? huh? what did you say? eh?my scanner/radio is turned up full blast and driving everyone batshit. years of firing range and SCUBA diving at depths robbed me of most of my hearing in my left ear. i can sit right next to someone with a soft voice and not understand one fucking word...lord knows what i've agreed to! :shock:

i hope someone else here is as pathetic. 12

- D - 06-08-2009

2020 vision...
great hearing...
and an unfortunately sensitive nose.

When someone farts 10 feet away, I'm usually the first to smell it, even if others are closer.

Of course, its nice when I smell good food being cooked... but bad smells just kill me.

- FAHQTOO - 06-08-2009

jackboots Wrote:Ant's thread made me think about eyesight. it's so precious. the sheriff dept. doctor was amazed that my vision is that of an eagle...i have spotted a tiny gold braceletin an acre of grass. not kidding. very handy skill in firearms. ::gunner::

BUT....i can't hear for shit! ::blink::duh? huh? what did you say? eh?my scanner/radio is turned up full blast and driving everyone batshit. years of firing range and SCUBA diving at depths robbed me of most of my hearing in my left ear. i can sit right next to someone with a soft voice and not understand one fucking word...lord knows what i've agreed to! :shock:

i hope someone else here is as pathetic. 12

I am just as pathetic in the opposite way. I can't see for shit And OMG , I think I finally have to suck it up and get the dreaded bifocals.21Thank God for no lines and transition lenses.

I can hear as good as you can see JB.

- Lady Cop - 06-09-2009

OK...i'll drive the cruiser and you can listen to dispatch.

hell, my former partner and i were known as "car 54, where are you"?? ::lmao::

- The Antagonist - 06-09-2009

My left ear is shot from my ex screaming at me at a high decible and close range. Fucker was having one of his famous tantrums and made a noise and my ear popped. I've had fuzzy hearing in there ever since.

But I can find damn near anything dropped into any area, grass, carpet etc. I'm the one they call to find lost earrings and stuff.

I only need reading glasses thank god. They gave me a slight distance prescription for the migraines which help a bit but one place made the that to a need for bifocals..... bad bad bad bad!!!!
Even transition lenses are bad for me. Makes me dizzy, nauseaus and they are completely annoying. My mom said I just have to get used to them and learn to move my head differently to see.

No, sorry. I will not learn to move my head differently to see. I want to move normally like everyone else. I chose 2 separate pair. It's better because I don't need the distance stuff unless I get a headache.

- LuMPyPussy - 06-09-2009

Yeah, I'm at the point where I should get bifocals as well, but I'd rather have two pairs of glasses right now. I already have vertigo and I can just imagine me on the very steep stairs I have to climb all the time at work.

- DPD Chick - 06-09-2009

I was legally blind until lasik, my husband is a sharpshooter, but doesn't have perfect eyesight. I think his is like 2040 or so. Currently, mine is 2040 in one eye and 2030 in the other. I've had drs explain the reasoning for not giving you 2020 after lasik something about your eyes still aging and giving you that small nearsightedness will lesson the likliness of reading glasses when you are old.
my hearing is good, my sense of smell is very sensitive, sometimes I wish it weren't so

- Cynical Ninja - 06-09-2009

I need glasses for TV but not for using my PC, I am mildly short sighted, otherwise my senses are in perfect working order apart from my sanity.

- FAHQTOO - 06-09-2009

The Antagonist Wrote:My left ear is shot from my ex screaming at me at a high decible and close range. Fucker was having one of his famous tantrums and made a noise and my ear popped. I've had fuzzy hearing in there ever since.

But I can find damn near anything dropped into any area, grass, carpet etc. I'm the one they call to find lost earrings and stuff.

I only need reading glasses thank god. They gave me a slight distance prescription for the migraines which help a bit but one place made the that to a need for bifocals..... bad bad bad bad!!!!
Even transition lenses are bad for me. Makes me dizzy, nauseaus and they are completely annoying. My mom said I just have to get used to them and learn to move my head differently to see.

No, sorry. I will not learn to move my head differently to see. I want to move normally like everyone else. I chose 2 separate pair. It's better because I don't need the distance stuff unless I get a headache.

I don't know if I'm going to do the bifocals or not. I work with a lady that has these contacts she wears at night, and her vision for farsightedness is perfect all day. It's like it restores your vision to perfect at night when you wear them. I've never heard of them before. I might check into that, and get reading glasses for the close up stuff. They costabout $800 though, and $200 a piece if something happens to one of them (or both)and you need it replaced.

Getting use to new glasses sucks, and stairs could be deadly, I would think.

On the bright side.....I can hear like the Bionic Woman.::laugh::

- FAHQTOO - 06-09-2009

jackboots Wrote:OK...i'll drive the cruiser and you can listen to dispatch.

hell, my former partner and i were known as "car 54, where are you"?? ::lmao::
OK ::thumbs::

- sally - 06-09-2009

I think I'm in pretty good shape except for driving at night. I don't even drive anymore at night because I can't see shit, my vision is perfectly fine during the day though. I think I should check out those contacts FAHQTOO mentioned.

- FAHQTOO - 06-09-2009

sally Wrote:I think I'm in pretty good shape except for driving at night. I don't even drive anymore at night because I can't see shit, my vision is perfectly fine during the day though. I think I should check out those contacts FAHQTOO mentioned.

I'm not sure you would be a candidate for something like that Sally.

I could be wrong, but I think you wear them when you are sleeping. I forgot to mention ( I think) that they are to be taken out during the day. You wouldn't want these in during the day if you having problems with your vision at night.

Hell, I don't even know what they're called to google it. I have paper work around here somewhere about it.

- Luke Warmwater - 06-09-2009

My back was killing me so I finally opted for a penis reduction.

Nothing went to waste since I had a taxidermist make me a wallet out of the excess. If you rub it, it turns into a suitcase.

- Maggot - 06-09-2009

jackboots Wrote:BUT....i can't hear for shit! ::blink::duh? huh? what did you say? eh?

I can vouch for this!Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

- Lady Cop - 06-09-2009

Maggot Wrote:
jackboots Wrote:BUT....i can't hear for shit! ::blink::duh? huh? what did you say? eh?

I can vouch for this!Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
just for that :smartass::i'm NOT making you baklava for Christmas! ::stickout::

- SyberBitch - 06-10-2009

My vision is pretty bad. I started wearing glasses in the 1st grade and I moved to contacts back in '97, but I can't see clearly more than a couple of feet in front of me without some sort of corrective lenses. That sucks.

My hearing USED to be very good. I've noticed that the last few years, I'm starting to have trouble making out a voice clearly when there is other background noise. ::dunno::

- D - 06-10-2009

Blind, Deaf, and Air Headed? Smiley_emoticons_smile

D Wrote:Blind, Deaf, and Air Headed? Smiley_emoticons_smile
Hey, I'm not bald!! :;beat::

- D - 06-10-2009

SyberBitch Wrote:
D Wrote:Blind, Deaf, and Air Headed? Smiley_emoticons_smile
Hey, I'm not bald!! :;beat::
Thanks for making my point for me dear.

D Wrote: