Mock
MYSTERIOUS MEMBERS - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: MYSTERIOUS MEMBERS (/thread-69.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Duchess - 10-23-2009

Who are these people that register & we never see again ?...The latest one is, gulongbbs...I don't understand why people aren't busting through the gates of hell to get in here...Seeing that in print makes me laugh but, it's a sincere statement nonetheless...I think we are the funniest, smartest people online & the fact that the rules are so lax is only an added bonus...What kinda person isn't enticed by, what amounts to be, no rules...That's my favorite part of Mock.

- ramseycat - 10-23-2009

It take a while to come to your way of thinking about Mock Duchess. I don't think the average person reads what is here and says hey, I would love to hang out there.

- SyberBitch - 10-23-2009

I've been here a little while now, but I'm thinking back to that first day, when I was given a link to this forum and told I should join.

I wasn't really told what it was ABOUT and looking at the front page, I was having a hard time understanding why I would want to join.

'Mock Forum'? I thought... what, it's not a 'real' forum? ::dunno::

I was thinking along the lines of the 'Mock Turtle' from Lewis Carroll.

So, I looked through the info. The rotating quotes under the banner were confusing as well. It seemed to me, that this forum might be for immature assholes who just wanted to bash on people. I didn't actually 'get' it, until I started reading through the Newbie initiation stuff... I was seeing that sure enough, most of the folks who were 'applying' for membership were immature idiots, but the actual 'members' were funny, smart, witty... I found myself starting to laugh at some of the comments that were made. I started thinking 'I like these people' and signed up.

The point of this post, is to try and somewhat examine the way people perceive Mock when they first encounter it. Are we unknowingly turning off the very people who are most welcome here (funny, witty, smart) while waving welcome banners to small-minded, mean-spirited, immature people with low self esteem who are really just looking for a place to crap on people? If we try to appeal more to the intellectual folks, will we just be overrun by pompous snobs?

I'm not sure, but those were my first impressions and though processes. I very nearly decided NOT to try and join, but after making the 'plunge' initially, I never regretted it.

- sally - 10-23-2009

I just joined for the hell of it, the name calling and stuff doesn't bother me, I think it's funny. My first impression was that Moose and Sinister were some kind of gay boyfriend girlfriend tag team and everyone else were their minions.

- LuMPyPussy - 10-23-2009

sally Wrote:I just joined for the hell of it, the name calling and stuff doesn't bother me, I think it's funny. My first impression was that Moose and Sinister were some kind of gay boyfriend girlfriend tag team and everyone else were their minions.
Except me, right? ::wait::

- Duchess - 10-23-2009

Great...That's just great...Just what I've always aspired to be looked at as, as a minion to a couple of insane internet tuff guys...The fuckin' cherry on my cake of a day...Thanks.

- D - 10-23-2009

Umm, you realize that most of those "members" are probably spammers who find they can't post to the board in general so give up and leave... right?

Just ask Ant how much trouble she had on one of her forums with them.

- The Antagonist - 10-23-2009

I found out how to ban whole countries because of that shit.

The Philippines are history - anyone there trying to find my site can't even see it. India might be next.

I prune dead meat regularly. If they are suspected spammers, they get this lovely avatarand a month to post. No posting or failure to meet the minimum requirements, out you go.

- Lady Cop - 10-23-2009

i'm waiting for brother to come back with a new name. 47

- Duchess - 10-23-2009

That lil' spying emoticon makes me laugh every time it's used.

- sally - 10-23-2009

Duchess Wrote:Great...That's just great...Just what I've always aspired to be looked at as, as a minion to a couple of insane internet tuff guys...The fuckin' cherry on my cake of a day...Thanks.
::laugh::well not so much you and Lumpy, but all that shit with her being the one who decides your fate and Moose as herright hand mankinda threw me off, I didn't knowwhat the hell to think of you people. And who the hell was it that called her The Mistress? I think it was that queer Liquid, Jesus Christ ::rollseyes::

- D - 10-23-2009

Same here Duchess.

And since you mentioned him by name, I'm gonna say that gulongbbs is about 98% chance of being a spammer. One of the giveaways is the way he did up his profile fields... all those dddd repeated over and over Smiley_emoticons_wink Spammers usually do that.

- LuMPyPussy - 10-23-2009

sally Wrote:
Duchess Wrote:Great...That's just great...Just what I've always aspired to be looked at as, as a minion to a couple of insane internet tuff guys...The fuckin' cherry on my cake of a day...Thanks.
::laugh::well not so much you and Lumpy, but all that shit with her being the one who decides your fate and Moose as herright hand mankinda threw me off, I didn't knowwhat the hell to think of you people. And who the hell was it that called her The Mistress? I think it was that queer Liquid, Jesus Christ ::rollseyes::
I'm thinking that mistress thing was Zenith.

- sally - 10-23-2009

LuMPyPussy Wrote:
sally Wrote:
I'm thinking that mistress thing was Zenith.
Oh, well Liquid is still a queer anyway.

- Duchess - 10-24-2009

ramseycat Wrote:I don't think the average person reads what is here and says hey, I would love to hang out there.
:shock: They don't ?

- ramseycat - 10-24-2009

Duchess Wrote:
ramseycat Wrote:I don't think the average person reads what is here and says hey, I would love to hang out there.
:shock: They don't ?
It's hard to believe isn't it?

- Duchess - 10-24-2009

Yes, it's hard to believe !...Who in their right mind wouldn't be overcome with joy knowing they would have no boundaries...C'mon...I don't like rules, rules make me uncomfortable 'cuz I'm always concerned with stepping over that magical line...My personal fav, "Rules are made to be broken". ::sly::

- ramseycat - 10-24-2009

I don't think it's that they don't want to have boundaries. I think it's they would not like being the subject of ridicule and mocking. They are afraid of others having no boundaries.

- crash - 10-24-2009

I'm 99.9% sure that a name like gulongbbs would just be a spam bot sent out to see if it can obtain any kind of worthwhile information by joing this forum. Another forum that I administer has about a dozen hits from these fuckers every day... same shit, their user name never makes sense, they never get past an authorisation process and they hardly ever post anything

- ramseycat - 10-24-2009

crash Wrote:I'm 99.9% sure that a name like gulongbbs would just be a spam bot sent out to see if it can obtain any kind of worthwhile information by joing this forum. Another forum that I administer has about a dozen hits from these fuckers every day... same shit, their user name never makes sense, they never get past an authorisation process and they hardly ever post anything
Probably. It's scary though to think that people are out there trying to get your info off the internet. I usually use the same screen name everywhere. But now that I know that my exes GF has been stalking me on Facebook, I wonder where else she is stalking me. So now I feel that I need to either change my screen name the places I am at and use a different one if I go someplace new. There really is no privacy anywhere anymore.