Mock
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander (/thread-7085.html)

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Sphincter Cop - 02-25-2013

1230 EST the trial begins again.

This link is still up and working.
No commercials or crazy opinion breaks!!
Full Trial Coverage LIVE!

Jodi Arias LIVE Trial Coverage

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - thekid65 - 02-25-2013

I'm only gonna get to watch about 2 hours of this live today, but man...MUCH better out of Martinez so far. He's bitchslapped/smile that smirk right off of her face that was oh-so present last Thursday.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 02-25-2013

She sounds really bad today. Lies, lies and more lies. She's starting to lose her ability to keep her stories straight.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Sphincter Cop - 02-25-2013

(02-25-2013, 04:31 PM)thekid65 Wrote: I'm only gonna get to watch about 2 hours of this live today, but man...MUCH better out of Martinez so far. He's bitchslapped/smile that smirk right off of her face that was oh-so present last Thursday.

Best part in the first half before lunch for me ~ When Martinez asked her about her "suicide attempt." He turned around her complaint of "knicking" her wrist with a razor.

(Paraphrasing)

So you said you knicked yourself and it stung? and she says Yes. Can you imagine what it felt like when you took that knife and stuck it into Mr. Alexanders chest??? HA!! Then came her tears!

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 02-25-2013

From what I got to see, Jodi got her ass handed to her today. Martinez is lifting the veil and Jodi's revealing her true sociopathic pathological liar self.

When she tried to force tears after Martinez asked her to imagine how Travis felt when she stabbed him in the chest, it was so blatantly phony that it made me laugh out loud.

Full-on psycho all the way...

(02-25-2013, 09:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: When she tried to force tears after Martinez asked her to imagine how Travis felt when she stabbed him in the chest, it was so blatantly phony that it made me laugh out loud.

Full-on psycho all the way...

I laughed too! It was great!!!

I also like how he pointed out her calling the Mormon Bishop at 3 A.M. and asked about Travis being dead. Asking her, why would you want second hand knowledge of an event she had firsthand knowledge of. Then blasting her with the idea of trying to garner information relating to the investigation. At least she admitted that was her intent (partly).

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Teacher - 02-26-2013

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/betty_gore/8.html

Hope Jodi doesn't get off like Candy Montgomery did in Texas in 1980. Different scenario but overkill with an axe - pleaded self-defense and won. She is now a counselor in Georgia. Insane

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 02-26-2013

Jodi wants to make sure Martinez knows who's in charge in the courtroom today.

She told him his posture, tone and anger are causing her not to be able to answer his questions effectively. She also told him that he asked a "compound question". I think she regrets pulling back from acting as her own attorney.

This morning's testimony was interesting. Another case of Jodi spying into a boyfriend's communications, accusing him of cheating, confronting, and then getting back with him using sex was addressed. Talk about pattern - same thing with every boyfriend. Everything that she's used to show how she was used in her relationship with Travis is actually her M.O. in all of her relationships. I think Travis was the first one not to just accept the stalking and head games; telling her that she was psycho and to leave him alone. Jodi wasn't having any of that.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - thekid65 - 02-26-2013

Just got done watching the 2nd half of yesterdays testimony, and the first half of todays. Martinez took 1 step fwd, and 2 steps back. He got his ass kicked on semantics today, and he spends WAY too much time on them. Jesusfuckingchrist....my eyes were glazing over..I could only imagine the pain of sitting in a jurors chair through this mornings bullshit.

I realize she's had 4 years to prep for this, but to date, she hasnt faltered on any of her recollections. Holy shit, what a memory...even if they are lies..she's a damned good/consistent liar.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 02-26-2013

(02-26-2013, 06:51 PM)thekid65 Wrote: Just got done watching the 2nd half of yesterdays testimony, and the first half of todays. Martinez took 1 step fwd, and 2 steps back. He got his ass kicked on semantics today, and he spends WAY too much time on them. Jesusfuckingchrist....my eyes were glazing over..I could only imagine the pain of sitting in a jurors chair through this mornings bullshit.

Agree that Martinez is getting too caught up in the semantics sometimes; she wants him to use words that she prefers and refuses to answer "yes" or "no" without adding her little Jodi-isms and takes on thing. Martinez lets her annoy him sometimes and it shows; he battles her for too long on shit that doesn't matter sometimes, imo. Hell, listening to her annoys me incredibly, which is atypical for me.

I do think Martinez is getting her to show her true colors and they ain't pretty at all, but also think that at times she is getting him to act less professionally than he should in the process.

(02-26-2013, 06:51 PM)thekid65 Wrote: realize she's had 4 years to prep for this, but to date, she hasnt faltered on any of her recollections. Holy shit, what a memory...even if they are lies..she's a damned good/consistent liar.

It's interesting to me how we (collectlvely; not limited to you and I)can watch the same testimony and have completely different views.

IDK, maybe you're right in that her selective memory is great and she just thinks that everyone else's is terrible.

She can't remember a damn thing (according to her) about the only incident that really matters - the killing of Travis Alexander. She can't remember any dates and times related to her unsubstantiated allegations when they are being refuted, but remembers the most minute details about everything else.

Today, Martinez used her own diary, her own words from the sex tape she recorded without Travis's knowledge, and the creepy 48 Hours interview to force her into admitting that she enjoyed all of the sexual encounters and initiated many of them. The same sexual encounters that she claimed, on direct, she was led into by terrible perverse pedophilic Travis. The same sexual encounters that she claimed made her feel like a piece of toilet paper and a prostitute. She introduced him to KY and facials and has been enjoying anal sex since she was 17, etc... Martinez has shown her to be the sexual aggressor much of the time and proven, imo, that Travis's email statement about being nothing but a dildo with a pulse to her was more truthful than her claim of allowing her abused little self to be sexually degraded for his pleasure.

So, to me, she is not a consistent liar at all. All three of her version of events to police contradict each other. In cross examination, the lies in her direct testimony are being exposed and shown to be inconsistent with all of her other stories. I think a few really big bad inconsistent lies are yet to come. I hope that Martinez avoids letting her take him down the rabbit hole again to expose and punctuate them. JMO.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Adub - 02-26-2013

I missed today. But, I did see the word jism cum up in after hour comments. Was that Jodi's word?

(02-26-2013, 10:29 PM)Adub Wrote: I missed today. But, I did see the word jism cum up in after hour comments. Was that Jodi's word?

Yep, that was the Jodester's word; she was getting a little spun around by Martinez questioning her about her enjoyment of all that debasing nasty sex and out it popped... Travis jizzed on her face.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Midwest Spy - 02-27-2013

(02-26-2013, 10:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-26-2013, 10:29 PM)Adub Wrote: I missed today. But, I did see the word jism cum up in after hour comments. Was that Jodi's word?

Yep, that was the Jodester's word; she was getting a little spun around by Martinez questioning her about her enjoyment of all that debasing nasty sex and out it popped... Travis jizzed on her face.

Aaaahhhhh.....

The Money Shot.

Takes talent to do it right.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - thekid65 - 02-27-2013

Quote:She can't remember a damn thing (according to her) about the only incident that really matters - the killing of Travis Alexander.

And that's what I think Martinez should be spending more time on. Honestly, I dont give a rats ass about what she was doing when she was 17 with another guy...but I'm betting they spent 30 minutes on that yesterday. I certainly don't hold it against her for being 17, and snooping into her boyfriends emails...but shit they spent a lot of time on that. The whole world knows she's a proven liar. We know she lied her ass off in media/police interviews. Spend 15-20 minutes on that, and move the fuck on!

I've never kept a journal. Have any of you ladies done so (I think that's more of a woman thing)? If so, how completely honest were you in them. Did you write about bad things that you have done?

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 02-27-2013

^^^ The truth of what happened when she actually physically killed Travis (which of course she can't remember), won't matter if she and Nurmi convince the jury that it was reasonable that she would would be in fear for her life at Travis's hands at that time.

To disprove that Jodi acted in self defense, Martinez needs to show how Jodi lied about herself, about Travis, and about their relationship. He needs to demonstrate her pattern of snooping, confronting, sexual promiscuity, lying, etc...and then highlight the forensic evidence to show how passionately and viciously she slaughtered Travis Alexander. First, prove she's lying about Travis and all of the claims that SHE (proven NOT TO BE the naive, pleasing, used and abused woman that she portrayed) made in direct testimony in order to make it appear reasonable that she would be so fearful of HIM (proven NOT TO BE the sexually deviant emotional and physical abuser that she portrayed). Then, remind the jury about how Jodi Arias butchered a man who she did not fear and who was a decent guy (likely because she was snooping AGAIN when they weren't an item and couldn't handle the rejection). It has to be in that order, imo.

I think Martinez's strategy is the right one and he is, in fact, proving that Jodi wasn't an abused woman in fear for her life. I also think he's showing that Travis was an innocent victim and not some deviant monster. I just think that Martinez needs to stop giving her opportunities to babble more and more and stop battling with her on less significant matters and word choices. He needs to hit the big points now, speed it up, and move on to the day of the killing.

P.s. I have a notebook and write different kinds of things in it sporadically, but have never kept a diary/journal of my life.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Adub - 02-27-2013

My 25 y/o daughter keeps journals. She writes everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly. But, I've never read them, of course.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Older Than Dirt - 02-27-2013

Oh, we can all believe that !!!!!! hahaha

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 02-27-2013

I didn't really start following the case until the trial started so MUCH of what I'm hearing is news to me (I knew she had done some interviews, for example, but I had no idea of the content). I didn't know that she said Travis didn't have own a gun and then she said he did.

All that to say, I feel a little bit like a juror in my supposed lack of knowledge/pre-conceived notions about the case and I think she looks guilty.as.hell. at this point (including the pre-meditated part). I know it's happened before but I can't fathom the jury seeing it any differently.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Duchess - 02-27-2013

I've never kept a journal. Jeezus. What if someone found it.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Adub - 02-27-2013

I watched this afternoon. No sex talk, just gas tanks and guns. She was looking a bit taunt around the gills just before break. Martinez is good. Sure looks like Nurmi and Arias have some secret code talk going on. The Judge is useless.

PHOENIX - A body language analyst who has been watching the Jodi Arias trial told ABC15 that the murder suspect has changed demeanors now that she is talking to the prosecutor and she may not always be truthful.

“She puts on an act and a half,” said Renate Mousseux , a body language expert. “That woman knows how to act, how to pretend, how to make people believe her.”

But Mousseux told ABC15 that Arias’ body language sometimes appears to contradict the story she is trying to tell the jurors.

“If you look to the left, you very often make up the answer,” Mousseux said as she watched Arias roll her eyes to the left during a question.

Arias is trying to frustrate the prosecutor, Juan Martinez, by making him rephrase questions and demanding extreme specificity, said Mousseux. “I think it’s a given that he comes out better. In my opinion, she is overconfident.”

Mousseux believes that Arias actually appeared more nervous when her own attorney was questioning her because Arias often touched her face on those days, which is a sign of uneasiness.

“Now, she sits more erect, more defiant,” said Mousseux. “Her face is stone cold.”

http://www.abc15.com/generic/news/livevid