Mock
The Flu - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The Flu (/thread-767.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Luke Warmwater - 05-19-2009

I haven't been sick in about 10 years and it's true that after that long, when you do catch something, it hits you with a vengence.

Woke up yesterday morning knowing something was wrong because I had uncontrollable shakes from feeling chilled while sweating like a pig. Made it into the uber hot shower for a half hour before I felt I could stop shaking. Made it as far as the couch and ended up camping there until going to bed last night.

103 degree temperature spike yesterday and Thera-Flu (nasty fucking shit) knocked it down to 101 for the rest of the day. Temp is down today but I still feel like I've been kicked in the kidneys by numerous horses.

Strange shit...no congestion, little loss of appetite...just massive aches and pains. The biggest pain was convincing the wife that I would NOT go to the doctor (it's a guy thing). I refuse to pay $150 for him to tell me what I already know...besides, I'd probably pick up other shit just being in the doctors office.

Back to the couch...and the phone. It's lovely when work just assumes you can handle the regular work load because you aren't, afterall, in the ER.

- sally - 05-19-2009

Maybe you have lyme disease ::dunno::. Those are all symptoms of lyme disease, I looked it up earlier today because I think I have it lol.

- Middle Finger - 05-19-2009

I got hit with a flu like that years ago ... very nasty. Caught it in either the airplane or hotel gathering. Serious hot and cold switching, shakes, etc.

Oh ... hope your head shakes off.

- Cynical Ninja - 05-19-2009

I wouldn't worry too much, probably just a tumour the size of a baseball in your head.

- sally - 05-19-2009

Maybe it's cancer of the prostate.

sally Wrote:Maybe it's cancer of the prostate.

Just went through the lovely colonoscopy experience last November.

It's also safe to assume that you aren't a nurse. :kiss::

- D - 05-19-2009

Luke Warmwater Wrote:
sally Wrote:Maybe it's cancer of the prostate.

Just went through the lovely colonoscopy experience last November.

It's also safe to assume that you aren't a nurse. :kiss::
But you'd fuck her silly if she was Smiley_emoticons_wink

- Lady Cop - 05-19-2009

i hope you feel better soon. ::hugs::

- FAHQTOO - 05-19-2009

I get what the doc calls Pneumonitis. It's the Flu, Pneumonia and Bronchitis all at the same time. I get it about every ten years or so. I've had it twice and wished at the time that I would just go to sleep and die. It is that horrible. I'm 2 years overdue, so I will probably die the next time I get it, I'm sure of it.::laugh::

The last time I got it, I cracked 3 ribs from coughing so bad, and had 3 spots of Pleurisy in my chest also. Couldn't take a half a breath without feeling like something was stabbing me. The whole fucking ordeal took two weeks to be over.

Nothing worse than broken ribs. I rolled a car back in '89 and broke seven ribs (five of which were broken from the sternum too. I sat in a recliner for a week at my brothers house before I was talked into going to the ER. Good thing as i had full blown pneumonia. The pain was too great to take very big breaths so they ran a catheter up my spine to drip morphine onto the rib cage nerves in order for me to have enough relief to breath. IV antibiotics for a week and I was ready to get out of the hospital. Took a lot longer to heal up the rib cage though and on occasion I have one rib that pops out from its base at the sternum. I have to just let it decide when it'll go back into place again.

- FAHQTOO - 05-19-2009

Luke Warmwater Wrote:Nothing worse than broken ribs. I rolled a car back in '89 and broke seven ribs (five of which were broken from the sternum too. I sat in a recliner for a week at my brothers house before I was talked into going to the ER. Good thing as i had full blown pneumonia. The pain was too great to take very big breaths so they ran a catheter up my spine to drip morphine onto the rib cage nerves in order for me to have enough relief to breath. IV antibiotics for a week and I was ready to get out of the hospital. Took a lot longer to heal up the rib cage though and on occasion I have one rib that pops out from its base at the sternum. I have to just let it decide when it'll go back into place again.
I want some morphine. Give me morphine, damn it!!!

Mine were just fractured though, not all the way broke. I'm sure the pain is much more intense.

No morphine high this time around and surely why they did it they way they did. Couldn't tell I was getting morphine at all, only that I could breath a little better.

- sally - 05-19-2009

Luke Warmwater Wrote:It's also safe to assume that you aren't a nurse. :kiss::
No I'm not a nurse, but I watch Mystery Diagnosis on the health channel all the time and it sounds like you have a testicular teratoma.

[Image: teratoma.jpg]

- LuMPyPussy - 05-19-2009

That looks like a deformed fetus.

- Maggot - 05-20-2009

LuMPyPussy Wrote:That looks like a deformed fetus.
You are the Queen of pain and gross shit and I am surprized you stooped to the "looks like a deformed fetus" comment. You are much more creative than that. Step it up a bit will ya.:Yawn:

- Luke Warmwater - 05-20-2009

er, but it IS a deformed fetus.

On the mend...got up this morning without the intense aches and pains and no chills or sweats. Must have been the 48 hour variety. It's funny how slow time can go by when you're sick or in jail, huh?

I'll stay home today and return to work tomorrow. That's being responsible as opposed to some of my employees who don't give a fuck and show up sick only to spread this shit around. :;beat::

- LKTraz - 05-20-2009

sally Wrote:[Image: teratoma.jpg]
Well....looks like someone was taken up on the offer when they said: "I'd give my right nut for....."

- Luke Warmwater - 05-20-2009

It would fit right in at the Mutter Museum.

- Maggot - 05-20-2009

I just noticed the teeth.::blink::

- sally - 05-20-2009

Maggot Wrote:I just noticed the teeth.::blink::

It'sa type of tumor that often has both hair and teeth in it. Weird shit. They can even have eyeballs, hands and feet. It's not a fetus, it's a tumor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratoma