Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 02-28-2023

God, Tiki. How could you!

It reminded me of Dick burying a goat in his yard, slow cook it and when it was finished all the villagers would come and feast. Sally, do you remember that? I'm trying to think of who else was here then, maybe Crash, Maggot for sure. It was shocking to me.  hah

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 02-28-2023

Yes, I thought it was kind of cool, although I have never eaten goat before. I know I hate goat cheese so I probably wouldn't like the meat either.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 02-28-2023

It's a lamb . . . and it's cousin is slowly simmering.

And the fry bread is ready for the cast iron skillet.

May the Lamb of God take away the sins of your culinary curses. 

I hate lamb. Not the animal itself, they never did me any wrong other than they taste disgusting.

(02-28-2023, 06:16 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: It's a lamb . . . 

I understood it is lamb, you posted that picture. My horror reminded me of Dick & his goat. 

I actually do try not to comment on anyone's food. It's crass.   Dramaqueen

Worried about being crass in Mock, of all places. Jesus Christ. Sometimes there isn't a face palm big enough. 78  

Sally . . . I figured you as a spit-roasted lamb Gyro kinda gal . . . or some other Greek lamb-inspired permutation.

I do lamb, once a year, usually like this.

It's really an excuse for a seasonal dish with Hatch green chiles and fry bread.

Duchess . . . the lamb comment was for anyone thinking it might be a goat.  I knew you know the difference.

You know the types . . . never been to a petting zoo . . . or lifetime vegans.

RE: what's for dinner? - rothschild - 02-28-2023

You're a monster, Tiki...

[Image: 169527909_5992263347466340_4011098719806...8x1536.jpg]

Ooooo!  That reminds me.  I should add a bouquet of cilantro and scallions!

Is it wrong I'm now thinking of Anthony Hopkins and Jodi Foster?

I do like gyros because the meat is highly seasoned and covers up the lamby taste, I can taste a hint, but it's not overpowering. But to just throw a leg or rack of lamb in the oven and serve it up in all of it's unadulterated glory is not for me.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 02-28-2023

This reminds of when my mom made lamb and injected whole cloves of garlic into it. Mmmmmmm........

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 03-04-2023

Curried crab Rangoon from the local Thai place. Oh my God they're good, it's my guilty pleasure.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 03-11-2023

I'm making vegetable beef soup & homemade bread. The bread is a frozen loaf that I get at the market and put in a loaf pan to defrost & rise. I understand that's not normally how homemade bread is made, but it works for me and the most important thing of all when it comes to me and cooking, it only required minimal effort.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 03-11-2023

Hot bread yum, hot cookies heaven.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 03-11-2023

It always smells so good when it's baking. Ahhhhh. Like I really did something wonderful in the kitchen. Hehe.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 03-17-2023

Anyone making corn beef and cabbage?

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 03-17-2023

OMG! I totally forgot! I think one of my neighbors is. (WHen I say neighbors that means anyone w/in a 10 mille radius)

That sounds sooo good!

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:05 AM)BigMark Wrote: Anyone making corn beef and cabbage?

With red potatoes and baby carrots, too.

RE: what's for dinner? - rothschild - 03-17-2023

(02-28-2023, 07:07 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Ooooo!  That reminds me.  I should add a bouquet of cilantro and scallions!

Is it wrong I'm now thinking of Anthony Hopkins and Jodi Foster?

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:05 AM)BigMark Wrote: Anyone making corn beef and cabbage?

Not this St. Patrick's day. We went to Willie's cajun restaurant and ate six pounds of mud bugs. It's crawfish season and we're in the crawfish state, but I think I've had enough of those little suckers for a while.