Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-07-2023

Do you have noodles? If so then soak the cut cabbage in salt water for about 30 mins. Drain and squeeze out all the water, saute in a little oil with a pinch of sugar until it''s caramelized and then mix with the cooked noodles and add pepper.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 05-07-2023

Yum. I do. And I forgot I still have cut bell peppers too! You are the best Sally!

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 05-07-2023

I have rice and quinia too and various lentils. Im not gonna starve!

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-12-2023

Tonight . . . making Poke and Hawaiian Mac Salad.

Also preparing a half-dozen large shrimp with a shredded coconut coating and then . . . a quick trip they go . . . into the air fryer.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-12-2023

I come up with the best dinner ideas when I'm starving. A couple of weeks ago I saw some show where they were showing a restaurant in Hawaii serving Loco Moco with a side of Hawaiian mac salad. It looked so good so I looked up recipes and was ready to go to the store and get all of the ingredients. Then I ate a tuna fish sandwich and said fuck all that. I'll make it one of these days though.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 05-12-2023

So far its just chips and salsa for me.

Having shrimp would be amazing tho!

(05-12-2023, 08:59 PM)sally Wrote: Loco Moco with a side of Hawaiian mac salad. It looked so good so I looked up recipes and was ready to go to the store and get all of the ingredients.   I'll make it one of these days though.

I love Loco Moco!  Grilled or fried burger . . . don't care.  Took me quite a bit of trial and error to nail the gravy to get it "Island Style".  I'll eat it any time of day (sometimes I double-egg). 

I was originally leaning towards Chicken Katsu, but I purchased a beautiful piece of sashimi grade Ahi, this afternoon . . . and it was game over.

If they would have had a great piece of salmon, I probably would have made some Lomi Lomi, too.  

(Is it wrong I that I make Musubi at least once a week and am not ashamed?)

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 05-12-2023

Is Musabi with Spam and white rice?

(05-12-2023, 11:10 PM)MirahM Wrote: Is Musabi with Spam and white rice?

Yes.  I've made it with egg, sausage, bacon or a combination of two or more.  Mostly . . . a SPAM and egg combo.  I've even tossed a strip of Hatch chili in some of them.

Wrapped in toasted Nori . . .  but first . . . a wicked sweet and savory soy (almost teriyaki like) sauce . . drizzled over the Sushi rice before toping with the additions and then wrapping in the seaweed.  I like mine to be a full wrap.

How hooked am I?  I have two Musubi presses and a commercial grade SPAM slicer! (Both gifts from my Mum!) hah

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-12-2023

I like spam but God dang is that some salty shit.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-13-2023

(05-12-2023, 11:56 PM)sally Wrote: I like spam but God dang is that some salty shit.

I usually use the reduced sodium SPAM . . . not the low-fat crap that tastes terrible (they put chicken in it, FFS!) and a reduced sodium soy or shoyu (sweeter than soy), for the sauce.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-13-2023

I don't ever use low fat or sugar free anything. It tastes like shit and it's even more unhealthy than the regular crap. I do opt for low sodium though. I keep my sodium intake at the minimum because of my blood pressure so I find everything too salty. When you go without salt for awhile everything tends to taste overly salty.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-13-2023

I've had high blood pressure since I was 18 which was more due to hereditary than lifestyle, but rather than deal with it with meds I deal with it with a strict diet. Mostly the Mediterranean diet. My cholesterol is also high due to being hereditary. Both the good and bad cholesterol are high, but luckily my good cholesterol is high so it balances out the bad. And then the smoking and drinking like a crackhead also plays a part.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 05-14-2023

Good for you for watching those things. I know high blood pressure and cholestoral (that isn't heriditary tho is it?) runs in my family.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 05-14-2023

(05-14-2023, 12:57 AM)MirahM Wrote: Good for you for watching those things. I know high blood pressure and cholestoral (that isn't heriditary tho is it?) runs in my family.

High blood pressure and cholesterol runs in my family also. I'm taking Atvorstatin for cholesterol and just recently started taking high blood pressure medication.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 05-14-2023

Will you have to take it always.
Are there things you can do that you won't have to take it?

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-14-2023

I was prescribed it too, but I'm not taking that shit. You just have to be super disciplined and healthy. Exercise daily, eat healthy, no drinking or smoking, be miserable for what's left of your life... Some supplements that I found that are good for blood pressure are olive leaf and beet root.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 05-14-2023

(05-14-2023, 08:23 PM)MirahM Wrote: Will you have to take it always.
Are there things you can do that you won't have to take it?

Yes, I'll always have to take it unless I exercise more and eat healthier. Oh and quit smoking cigars and pot. And I just went to a Pot Festival yesterday and bought a Pickle Rick glass pipe, some weed, 25g watermelon gummies, a pot cookie,etc....so I don't see me giving up my lifestyle anytime soon.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-14-2023

Don't take it Clang. Change your lifestyle, you can still smoke a little weed. Let's get in good shape together.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 05-15-2023

(05-14-2023, 10:59 PM)sally Wrote: Don't take it Clang. Change your lifestyle, you can still smoke a little weed. Let's get in good shape together.

Change is coming whether I want it or not. Been having some throat issues for the past few weeks. Burping,cough, feels at times like I swallowed a balloon. Doctor said there was some redness and swelling. I'll talk to her more about it at my appointment in like 2 weeks.