Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 06-11-2023

Dangit. I forgot to get seeds!
I need to start some fresh herbs, its probably too late anyway.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 06-12-2023

What if you bought starter plants rather than seeds? Would that work for you?

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 07-09-2023

I'm making a batch of Chili Colorado, under Maqui's watchful eye.

As her left hand is useless, I'm doing all of the physical tasks while she is guiding me on the fine tunings for her "perfect" batch.

It's both an occupational/speech therapy and meal moment.

If you could only smell the scent of of the Ancho, Guajillo and New Mexican chilis' steam, as they are soaking in their hot water bath. 

Incense for the culinary Gods!

Time to cube and brown the carne . . . 

RE: what's for dinner? - rothschild - 07-09-2023

(07-09-2023, 11:31 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: I'm making a batch of Chili Colorado, under Maqui's watchful eye.

As her left hand is useless, I'm doing all of the physical tasks while she is guiding me on the fine tunings for her "perfect" batch.

It's both an occupational/speech therapy and meal moment.

If you could only smell the scent of of the Ancho, Guajillo and New Mexican chilis' steam, as they are soaking in their hot water bath. 

Incense for the culinary Gods!

Time to cube and brown the carne . . . 

How does it rate on the heat index?

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 07-09-2023

For our taste buds . . . mild to slightly medium.

We're not going for heat this time (you can tell by the selection of chilis we used for rehydration), just a rich and diverse melding of the various chili tastes.

We've decided not to strain after we pureed the chilis, as the Vitamix did a great job and any microscopic pieces will add to the rustic and simple nature of the dish.

This would probably be considered a strong medium to slightly hot, if one's palate is a traditional Midwestern, East Coast or a spice pussy.

We'll use it a a stand alone dish, a burrito filing and smother, and a topping for our breakfast eggs.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 07-09-2023

I might be a spice pussy.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 07-09-2023

Spicy Pussy was your stage name!

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 07-09-2023

Damn! Why didn't I think of that! Ugh!

I'm always a day late & a dollar short.  111

RE: what's for dinner? - rothschild - 07-09-2023

(07-09-2023, 12:02 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: For our taste buds . . . mild to slightly medium.

We're not going for heat this time (you can tell by the selection of chilis we used for rehydration), just a rich and diverse melding of the various chili tastes.

We've decided not to strain after we pureed the chilis, as the Vitamix did a great job and any microscopic pieces will add to the rustic and simple nature of the dish.

This would probably be considered a strong medium to slightly hot, if one's palate is a traditional Midwestern, East Coast or a spice pussy.

We'll use it a a stand alone dish, a burrito filing and smother, and a topping for our breakfast eggs.

You sound like a culinary critic. hah

I'm a spice pussy but I would try it with eggs, with avocado, tomato and cheese.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 07-09-2023

I fucking love hot stuff, probably the only person around who has some rooster sauce.

[Image: s_bottom]

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 07-09-2023

(07-09-2023, 12:27 PM)Duchess Wrote: I might be a spice pussy.

I'm not. Got two different ghost pepper sauces and a mango reaper sauce in my fridge.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 07-12-2023

just had a diverse salad, the onion, tomato and celery from the garden. the red peppers are in our dinner, my tongue is tingling.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 03:37 PM)BigMark Wrote:  my tongue is tingling.

Smiley_emoticons_fies

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 07-13-2023

Had indian food tonight. It was so good.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 07-13-2023

Maize?

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 07-13-2023

(07-09-2023, 03:59 PM)BigMark Wrote: I fucking love hot stuff, probably the only person around who has some rooster sauce.

Have you noticed the price of "Rooster Sauce" in the US?

Yup . . . another supply issue and current prices upwards of $80 . . . for a bottle!

Must be due to that whole Putin-Ukraine thing . . . or Trump.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 07-13-2023

I did see that, the factory was not far from my house. There was a big stink about the smell coming from the factory, they built houses around it...the mayor threatened to make them move, I know they illegally used redevelopment funds to get them to move there in the first place!

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 07-13-2023

(07-09-2023, 02:24 PM)rothschild Wrote: You sound like a culinary critic.  

I guess you were expecting the Scoville heat Index instead of a description.

Not a culinary critic . . . just a couple of gals who appreciate simple ingredients and food, prepared with an homage to tradition, technique and taste.

This dish (with the combination of chilis used) had negligible heat and was unbelievably silky smooth, even more so when served with a dollop of sour cream.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 07-13-2023

(07-13-2023, 10:10 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 03:59 PM)BigMark Wrote: I fucking love hot stuff, probably the only person around who has some rooster sauce.

Have you noticed the price of "Rooster Sauce" in the US?

Yup . . . another supply issue and current prices upwards of $80 . . . for a bottle!

Must be due to that whole Putin-Ukraine thing . . . or Trump.

I didn’t know that. Good thing I still have two bottles of it because I’m not paying 80 bucks, I don’t like it that much.

RE: what's for dinner? - rothschild - 07-13-2023

(07-13-2023, 10:20 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 02:24 PM)rothschild Wrote: You sound like a culinary critic.  

I guess you were expecting the Scoville heat Index instead of a description.

Not a culinary critic . . . just a couple of gals who appreciate simple ingredients and food, prepared with an homage to tradition, technique and taste.

This dish (with the combination of chilis used) had negligible heat and was unbelievably silky smooth, even more so when served with a dollop of sour cream.

I was thinking you could be a reviewer for the Michelin Guide. Blowing-kisses