Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 08-27-2023

(08-26-2023, 08:42 AM)BigMark Wrote: Tuna salad with tomato's and onions from the garden, used the oil from the tuna to make hoe made dressing.

I love hoe made dressing, pairs well with whore'derves.

RE: what's for dinner? - Donovan - 08-28-2023

DuchessI had coconut shrimps for dinner. I thought I would love them, but I didn't think they were as impressive as I've been led to believe, they were only okay. Bummer.

I had the same reaction when I was coerced into eating lobster roll from some local joint in Maine. Fifty dollar fucking fish sandwich and truly mediocre for the price..

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-28-2023

I never thought coconut shrimp were anything to write home about. I do like a lobster roll if it is made right, but most restaurants don’t make them right and charge a ridiculous price for them at that. I make lobster rolls better and cheaper at home and have enough meat left over to make lobster bisque, but the only downfall to that is you have to kill the lobster yourself.

RE: what's for dinner? - rothschild - 08-28-2023

$50 for a glorified crabby patty? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

RE: what's for dinner? - Donovan - 08-30-2023

Fucking ridiculous price on those things. I don't need another one. It wasn't that great.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 08-30-2023

I had ice cream for dinner. I'll probably eat some left overs later

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 09-04-2023

I’m doing a seafood boil with Dungeness crab, snow crab, crawdads, shrimp, potatoes, sausage, corn on the cob all steamed with beer and old bay.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 09-04-2023

That sounds amazing dangit.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 09-04-2023

Damn.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 09-06-2023

American Goulash:

Olive oil in a big pot, stir is thin sliced onion then brown the beef, minced garlic cloves, add one can chopped and one can pureed tomatoes, cup of chicken or beef stock (bullion cube in hot water) generous paprika, pepper, Italian seasoning bring to a boil and simmer, cook some pasta seperately, elbow, macaroni, bow tie whatever the fuck you have or like, even mix big and small. Add the pasta to the sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes while you enjoy a glass of wine. The salt needs to be added according to what the tomatoes had in them, if none a tablespoon of american salt or a little less if real sea salt. Serve with some cheesy garlic bread...

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 09-06-2023

I've made goulash before but I've never used chicken or beef stock in it.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 09:09 AM)Duchess Wrote: I've made goulash before but I've never used chicken or beef stock in it.

Yeah I don't remember my mom ever using chicken or beef stock in her goulash.

[Image: slapyomomma-slap.gif]That's why you never slapped yo momma!

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 09-06-2023

It’s an easy dinner, but I call it American chop suey because that’s what my mom always called it. I’ve also heard it called slumgullion which doesn’t sound very appetizing.

RE: what's for dinner? - Donovan - 09-06-2023

This is the best lasagna recipe I have ever read. I have no idea if it makes a good lasagna but Damm it's funny. From James Fell, the guy who writes "On this day in History Shit went down".
Quote:I am not a good cook. I am a mediocre cook, with little desire to improve my skills. So when I share my lasagna recipe I don't care if that's not how your grandmother made it, even though she rode the school bus sitting next to some Italian kids every day. People criticize other people's recipes more than they criticize fascism. You wanna criticize my cooking? Go big. It's good for interaction. Just don't expect me to give a fuck.

Yesterday I shared a photo of a grilled cheese pulled pork sandwich. No recipe, just a pic. And yes, there was criticism, and yes, it was good for interaction. Should have included a link to buy my fucking book.

Anyway, I used to be a fitness writer but that doesn't mean I always eat healthy. Sometimes I would run 15K just so I could have a gluttonous evening. Not the healthiest way to approach life, but you gotta die of something. Now that I'm 55 I'm finally getting more into vegetables and fish n' shit, but in my previous life I wrote several "sweary recipes." My first was "Eat This Motherfucking Banana Bread."

The recipes included stories. Yeah, I know. Fuck you with your goddamn recipe stories just give me the directions. Apparently, I got a bye on that. People were cool with my recipe stories. That was part of the fun. Sure wasn't cuz I went to the CIA (the cooking school, not the "let's overthrow this foreign country's democracy" agency).

The most popular recipe / story was my lasagna recipe. Rather than link to an old blog post I'm gonna copy it here and also ask you to buy my fucking book. Here you go:

Eat This Motherfucking Lasagna

Stop sauce shaming.

I get my sauce from a jar. Yours is made from scratch. Mine is better, because the taste isn’t tainted with sanctimonious douchebaggery.

“Oh, you get your sauce from a jar? Wow, I can’t believe you don’t make it from scratch. I always—”

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP! FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU!

Yes, I get my sauce from a fucking jar, and my lasagna is still delicious. I got shit to do, so I cut some corners. Go make your sauce from scratch up there on your high horse while you try to make others feel like lesser humans for getting it out of jars. Eat some fucking dark chocolate while you’re at it, you holier-than-thou ass monkey.

You want some fancy vegetarian gluten free eggplant lasagna recipe? You go away from here. This is some basic shit. Basically fucking tasty and doesn’t take all fucking day. And I make a shit-ton. Cuz leftovers. Or cuz having lots-of-people-overs. Bring booze.

About the Sauce
My turn to sauce shame: Just say no to Ragu. Prego isn’t much better.

I prefer Classico. I like the four cheese one, but pick whichever variety strikes your fancy. Except for this one.

[there was a photo of Classico "Vodka Sauce" here]

“Vodka Sauce”? What the fucking fuck? Why in the name of Charles Manson’s dingleberries would you make a pasta sauce with vodka? Vodka flavored lasagna? Barf and puke and retch.
I’m having a flashback to being 17 and drinking an entire bottle of the shit straight. Later that night I barfed up my toenails. No hyperbole. It took three months for those toenails to grow back.

“Hrrrrr … Hrrrr… He-BBBLLLLLLAAAARARRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!”

*Prays for death in Canadian*

“BU-BU-BU-BLLLAAAAARRGGGHHHHH!!!!”

It was horrid. I pulled muscles. I cried. My sister laughed at me. I didn’t speak to her for a month, and only partially because that’s how long it took my vocal cords to grow back.

No vodka sauce.

Ingredients to Make a Metric Shit-ton of Epic Lasagna
-3 pint size jars of a sauce of your choosing. Meaning Classico brand 4 cheese sauce or you’re an idiot. If you use vodka sauce I will bring my Henckel 5-Star to your house and cut you.
-4 lbs of lean hamburger.
-1 bunch of green onions, chopped.
-1 small or medium-sized onion. Diced. Don’t forget to cry like a little bitch.
-Some brown mushrooms. I dunno how many. Uh, a little less than half a paper bag? Sure.
-A bell pepper. Any color but green. Orange is pretty.
-Garlic. Fresh. Lots. Through a press. Makes the house smell like love.
-Some Italian spices and shit. Like, I have this one called “Italian Seasoning,” so it seems logical. A wee bit of salt and pepper won’t hurt.
-If you have a tomato sitting around that’s just going to rot in the fridge anyway before you throw it out, dice that sucker up and put it in there.
-Whole-wheat lasagna noodles, because fuck the research that says whole wheat isn’t better for you. That research is bullshit. How many noodles? Do the math, plus a couple extra, because those fuckers are wimps and they rip.
-A pint tub of Ricotta cheese mixed together with two eggs.
-Mozzarella, and don’t skimp. If you buy the reduced fat kind remember that big-ass Henckel I have to cut you with.
-Some kind of Parmesan stuff. Get fancy. I don’t care.

Notice something missing?

Spinach. Spinach is “missing,” because spinach in lasagna is dumber than invading Russia in pre-global warming era winter. “Oh, hey. Here’s a great idea. Let’s take this wonderful Italian dish and fucking ruin it by putting in a layer of green shit that’s going to turn to slime and taste bitter as all fuck.”

Fuck you and your damn spinach. No spinach.

While you’re at the store, buy one of those fucking pre-made loaves of garlic bread. I love that shit.

Preparation
You’re going to need a big-ass frying pan, preferably one with a lid.

Brown the beef on medium heat and drain it – put back in the pan.

Add in the sauce that you bought at the store and didn’t have to spend all fucking day making so you could feel less horrible about your miserable existence. After doing so, put a couple tablespoons of hot water in each jar, put the lid back on, shake like a motherfucker and pour into the pan.

Add all the veggies at once, because fuck it.

Add the spices and shit.

Cover and cook on medium-low for … I don’t know, 20-30 minutes? Put this time to good use by boiling noodles, grating mozza and mixing the eggs with the Ricotta. Stir the goop every once in a while because you have opposable thumbs and can multi-task.

Putting It Together
No one likes burnt fingers, so do this thing. What thing? Don’t just dump the noodles into a colander. Instead, drain the hot water out of the pot and add in cold water and let sit for a few minutes. Otherwise: hot noodles = ouchie fingers.

Then use that motherfucking colander like a motherfucker. Because I haven’t written motherfucker enough yet.

Motherfucker.

This is only two-layer lasagna. Why? Because you don’t need three, so stop layer shaming. Two thick layers are good. So, remember your noodle math and make sure you boiled the right amount.

Put down a layer of the beef-sauce-vegetable goop on the bottom of the pan. Use half of it. Duh.

With a spatula, add a smooth layer of all of the Ricotta-egg mix. Sprinkle on about one-quarter of the mozza, because why the fuck not?

Add a layer of noodles.

Add other half of beef-sauce-veggie goop.

‘Nother layer of noodles.

Mozza that top like a motherfucker.

Parmesan that shit.

Cover with some tin foil, not too tight.

Bake at 425 for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake another 20 minutes. Don’t forget to throw that garlic bread in there for the last 10. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Serves: More friends than you got.

Important! Make sure you have a deep enough baking pan. Because if that shit boils over you’re gonna set off every motherfucking smoke alarm in the house, and smoked lasagna is not nearly as good as smoked salmon. If you do not have a deep enough pan, then be sure to bitch about your lack of a deep pan every time your best friend is in proximity. Then, one day, if that friend is actually a good friend, he (or she) will get you the motherfucker of all lasagna pans. We’re talking cast iron club a full-grown seal to death with this bad boy. Hell, you could club Heidi’s ex-husband Seal to death with it.

This is where shit gets weird.

I have no idea why this happens, but it has been agreed upon by many that it is so.

Freezing makes it better.

I know, right?

I’ve made these lasagnas in advance, and rather than baking them I’ve covered them and put them in the freezer for a couple of weeks, then thawed them out and baked as usual.

And it’s better. I have no idea why. There’s some weird lasagna-freezer Twilight Zone shit going on in there.

It’s just better.

I mean, the unfrozen is still pretty awesome; so one idea is to use two smaller pans, make some for tonight, and freeze the other pan for another night so you can see for yourself.

Serve with vodka.

Okay if you read that whole thing I expect you'd really like my sweary history book. It's called "On This Day in History Sh!t Went Down" and you can get it at JamesFell.com/books.

RE: what's for dinner? - rothschild - 09-06-2023

Could somebody post the TL;DR?

I hate electric stoves but I fucking hate gigantic gas cylinder's more.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 07:56 PM)rothschild Wrote: Could somebody post the TL;DR?

It wasn’t funny, don’t waste your time looking for a cheap laugh like I did.

RE: what's for dinner? - rothschild - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 08:11 PM)sally Wrote:

Was there a recipe in there somewhere?

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 09-07-2023

(09-06-2023, 11:48 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 08:11 PM)sally Wrote:

Was there a recipe in there somewhere?

There was, but it wasn’t worth the read. You’re smart enough to speed read it and give it a quick one over, however, so look for yourself. Maybe you’ll find it as humorous as Donovan did and you’ll be missing out if you don’t.