Mock
Stonehenge: mystery solved? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Stonehenge: mystery solved? (/thread-8333.html)

Pages: 1 2

Stonehenge: mystery solved? - HairOfTheDog - 06-23-2012

[Image: r-STONEHENGE-large570.jpg]

A new theory is being propagated by the Stonehenge Riverside Project.
Their ten years of research has led them to conclude that if the stones could talk, they would tell the tale of the unity and peace that followed a long period of intense conflict between eastern and western Britain. The monument, in their opinion, was built to unify the two sides.

The researchers based their theory on on the social and economic climate in Britain between 3,000 B.C. and 2,500 B.C., when Stonehenge was erected. They also claim that since the monument is situated on a series of natural landforms, with the stones arranged so the land draws a line between the directions of the summer solstice sunrise and midwinter sunset, the "unification" message is clear since this alignment was meaningful to communities at that time.

Other/previous theories as to why Stonehenge was erected include:
-The monument was erected as an acoustic environment, designed in order to support certain sound illusions.
-The monument was a place of healing.
-The monument was an ancient observatory or a place of sacrifice?

Reference:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/22/stonehenge-symbolize-unification-britain_n_1618793.html?utm_hp_ref=science

RE: Stonehenge: mystery solved? - OnBendedKnee - 06-23-2012

Ironically, if a subject is stoned they will hear those rocks speak.

RE: Stonehenge: mystery solved? - IMaDick - 06-23-2012

Ironically another opinion about stonehenge does not equate to "mystery solved".

RE: Stonehenge: mystery solved? - HairOfTheDog - 06-23-2012

(06-23-2012, 12:12 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Ironically another opinion about stonehenge does not equate to "mystery solved".

Note the question mark in the thread title, Dick. That one little piece of punctuation makes all of the difference to the literate. Blowing-kisses

(06-23-2012, 12:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 12:12 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Ironically another opinion about stonehenge does not equate to "mystery solved".

Note the question mark in the thread title, Dick. That one little piece of punctation makes all of the difference to the literate. Blowing-kisses

It also doesn't change my response.

(06-23-2012, 12:22 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

Note the question mark in the thread title, Dick. That one little piece of punctation makes all of the difference to the literate. Blowing-kisses

Which excludes you from the literate.

Nowhere does my post claim that this theory solves the mystery, though the researchers involved claim that it does. So, what's your point, sir?

RE: Stonehenge: mystery solved? - Midwest Spy - 06-23-2012

Usually, in 'tardwarfare' this ^^^^ gets your opponent to back off.

Not so with smart people however.

Dick's in full recoil mode.

^
There's a visual that will be tough to shake.

(06-23-2012, 12:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Nowhere does my post claim that this theory solves the mystery, though the researchers involved claim that it does. So, what's your point, sir?

And no where did mine say you had.

had your title said

"Has the stonehenge mystery been solved"? it would have been a complete question.

But as written it was left up to the reader to decide if it was a question or a statement with a question mark.

I took it as the latter and decided it was ironic to even assume the question would need to be asked if indeed it was a question which I doubt seriously that it was.

If you want to teach someone choose MS he would act completely retarded for a chance to see your cleavage.

RE: Stonehenge: mystery solved? - Midwest Spy - 06-23-2012

(06-23-2012, 12:34 PM)IMaDick Wrote: If you want to teach someone choose MS he would act completely retarded for a chance to see your cleavage.

True Dat!

On a Saturday morning I'd bet he'd even be pleased to see IMaDick's cleavage.
(And don't lie, anyone who's that particular about punctuation has a little bit of the girly girl within, and you know you've got it.)

(06-23-2012, 12:34 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

had your title said

"Has the stonehenge mystery been solved"? it would have been a complete question.

But as written it was left up to the reader to decide if it was a question or a statement with a question mark.

I took it as the latter and decided it was ironic to even assume the question would need to be asked if indeed it was a question which I doubt seriously that it was.

If you want to teach someone choose MS he would act completely retarded for a chance to see your cleavage.

You are being non-sensical and foolish. I'm hoping that it's because you have a wonderful anniversary celebration planned and your ability to think clearly is impaired by an extra dose of love and affection. Otherwise, you just have rocks in your head this morning. Smiley_emoticons_razz

^
Could it be both reasons?

(06-23-2012, 12:38 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: On a Saturday morning I'd bet he'd even be pleased to see IMaDick's cleavage.
(And don't lie, you know you got it.)

It's tempting to do the same bet as the last one that thought that. hah

(06-23-2012, 12:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 12:34 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 12:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Note the question mark in the thread title, Dick. That one little piece of punctation makes all of the difference to the literate. Blowing-kisses

had your title said

You are being non-sensical and foolish. I'm hoping that it's because you have a wonderful anniversary celebration planned and your ability to think clearly is impaired by an extra dose of love and affection. Otherwise, you just have rocks in your head this morning. Smiley_emoticons_razz

Because you say so? hah That shit always cracks me up.

ask a complete question you will get a response to the question, make a statement with a question mark and I will answer how I want to.

(06-23-2012, 12:42 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: ^

That's a valid theory, OBK. I'm glad that you phrased it as a question. That makes it very clear that you are pondering the reason for Dick's jello brain today, rather than definitively claiming that you have solved the mystery.

[Image: MvaQt.gif]

Another rhetorical question just like the first.

if you want an answer ask a complete question.

(06-23-2012, 01:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point and without the expectation of a reply.

If you feel the thread questions are rhetorical (which, btw, they are not), stop replying!!!!!!

(06-23-2012, 01:14 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 01:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point and without the expectation of a reply.

If you feel the thread questions are rhetorical (which, btw, they are not), stop replying!!!!!!

If you feel that the question is not rhetorical then rephrase the question to make it require/elicit either opinion or a direct answer.

"stonehenge mystery solved"?

check it out my sweet.

Rhetorical questions aren't really questions at all, in that they don't expect an answer. They're really just statements phrased in question form: "Isn't John's design work so creative?"

Do you agree that your question was in form a rhetorical question?

If you wanted to ask a probing question properly it would have been this.

Has the stonehenge mystery been solved?

Could this be the answer to the stonehenge mystery?

Has this new study discovered the mystery to stonehenge?