Mock
The fiscal cliff - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assholes In The News (https://mockforums.net/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The fiscal cliff (/thread-9332.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The fiscal cliff - Maggot - 11-29-2012

Let me get this straight. Barry says that he will not extend the Bush tax cuts unless the Republicans let him tax the rich more.
So he starts a twitter page that tells everyone that the republicans are going to make everyone lose 2000.00 from their tax refund because they are not giving in, so tweet your congressman and tell them to sign on with his agenda.
If you look at it all these people think they are going to get an extra 2000.00 this year if the republicans cave in, they are talking about new cars, stereos all kinds of stuff. They're dancing in their chairs.
In all actuality they are really not getting an "extra" 2000.00 and Barry is saying he will not extend the Bush tax cuts and it'll really be him that screws them out of 2000.00 but is blaming the pubs.
I know people like this, they sell watches at major sporting events.

Barry is holding them hostage and trying to make Americans believe it is not him but I guess its easy to screw with people who have never even read a book their entire lives.

rant over

Not true.................
And this Rice woman. Barry says people have to go after him about Bengazi? Is this woman not strong enough to take the heat after running around on talk shows and talking about it?
Now who is really belittling women here? Women are not strong? C'mon Barry!

OK rant really over

RE: The fiscal cliff - HairOfTheDog - 11-29-2012

Yeah, Maggot, but I might just have to buy into it myself. I think next year that I might actually qualify for the free (well, paid for by everyone but me) cell phone!

Seriously, it is indeed a messy little bit of trickery and blackmail, imo.

RE: The fiscal cliff - username - 11-29-2012

Truth.

Although he's also said he would sign legislation today to extend the cuts for everyone but the 2% but some say that lessens the pub's leverage.

*throws hands in the air* I hate them all.

Fucking prop 30 passed here. Everybody wants us to contribute "just a little bit more". Fuck them.

RE: The fiscal cliff - Maggot - 11-29-2012

What bugs me is this Rice woman is from the UN and they are just frothing at the mouth trying to de-gun the U.S.
Since the election I tried to stay away from news but my insurance company just sent me a 10 page gobbly goop about why they are raising my rates because of the new health care rules. I think the health care book is all fucked up and non-speak for a reason. We are truly fucked, good lord!

Our rates went up. 52

I don't think Rice deserves to be nominated.

(11-29-2012, 05:56 PM)username Wrote: Truth.

Although he's also said he would sign legislation today to extend the cuts for everyone but the 2% but some say that lessens the pub's leverage.

*throws hands in the air* I hate them all.

Fucking prop 30 passed here. Everybody wants us to contribute "just a little bit more". Fuck them.

The"U-haul" index shows that there are many moving out of Cali. The rates will go higher next year when they realize it aint cutting the mustard. But Barry will bail out your to big too fail state. Taking a chunk from the other states.

Prop 30 was sold as if it would somehow improve our schools when in reality, it was just to prevent further cuts (which will probably surface again anyway in a few years). I seem to recall when they started the lottery here that was supposed to save the schools. Not to mention all the local tax increases that have been enacted to "save" districts.

Grrrrrr.

RE: The fiscal cliff - Midwest Spy - 11-29-2012

Holy Hell!

12-21-2012 is just around the corner.

Much like Nostrodamus, the Mayans were much, much smarter than you originally believed.

In 23 days you will have forgotten all about the fiscal cliff.

RE: The fiscal cliff - Duchess - 11-29-2012

12/21/12 is not convenient for me.

RE: The fiscal cliff - Duchess - 11-29-2012

(11-29-2012, 05:57 PM)Maggot Wrote: We are truly fucked, good lord!

I'm scared when you do this.

RE: The fiscal cliff - HairOfTheDog - 11-29-2012

(11-29-2012, 06:07 PM)username Wrote: I seem to recall when they started the lottery here that was supposed to save the schools.
Grrrrrr.

Yeah, and that was very transparent to anyone who looked at the measure literature and read between the lines a bit.

I don't know anyone else who voted against it. I don't like to be misled and think we've got enough addictions at our disposal without putting gambling at every corner store and disguising it as "for the children". Having said that, I don't really care if people like the lottery and play it regularly - I get the fun of "hoping". I don't play because I'm stubborn, don't have the money, and don't wanna be a hypocrite (about that).

Everyone in my family plays the lottery regularly; black sheep here. They tell me that when they hit the big one, I'm not gettin' a damn dime.

As heartbroken as that makes me, I carry on and continue to save the $30 avg per week that they invest in order to get their avg $10 weekly winnings. Sounds a bit like the tax strategy in Maggot's OP, right? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Think about it. Charge everyone making 500,000 or more 10% more is like sitting in a swamp with a flyswatter. It aint gonna do squat. Now charge EVERYONE 20% that will do something. and if you have no income you do not get anything back. But Barry would never say that, its better image to demonize the right. And if he really cared so much for them he would extend the cuts for another year.

RE: The fiscal cliff - HairOfTheDog - 11-30-2012

(11-29-2012, 05:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: And this Rice woman. Barry says people have to go after him about Bengazi? Is this woman not strong enough to take the heat after running around on talk shows and talking about it?

OK rant really over

I missed this part of your rant the first time out.

Obama is ultimately responsible for everything under his administration's umbrella (like anyone at the top of the chain), but everyone underneath him is accountable for their direct charters and words. I agree that he isn't doing Rice any favors and he is weakening public perception of her. She's a liability at this point, imo, and I'm not sure if it's loyalty, CYA, or something else that's driving Obama's overprotective defense of her.

RE: The fiscal cliff - username - 11-30-2012

(11-30-2012, 01:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 05:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: And this Rice woman. Barry says people have to go after him about Bengazi? Is this woman not strong enough to take the heat after running around on talk shows and talking about it?

OK rant really over

I missed this part of your rant the first time out.

Obama is ultimately responsible for everything under his administration's umbrella (like anyone at the top of the chain), but everyone underneath him is accountable for their direct charters and words. I agree that he isn't doing Rice any favors and he is weakening public perception of her. She's a liability at this point, imo, and I'm not sure if it's loyalty, CYA, or something else that's driving Obama's overprotective defense of her.

Apparently she's doing a shit job explaining her actions in her recent private meetings with some senators.

RE: The fiscal cliff - Duchess - 11-30-2012

It's gone on too long now. She needs to recuse herself or whatever the hell it is they do.

RE: The fiscal cliff - Maggot - 11-30-2012

Thats what judges do. Rice just needs to tell the truth.

RE: The fiscal cliff - username - 11-30-2012

(11-30-2012, 02:57 PM)Maggot Wrote: Thats what judges do. Rice just needs to tell the truth.

If she suddenly changed her story now, she'd look even worse than she already does.

I'm with Duchess. She should take her name out of consideration for a cabinet post. Clearly, it's going to be a fight if Obama tries to appoint her; she'd look better backing away gracefully now IMO.

RE: The fiscal cliff - lbridgeland - 11-30-2012

I wish there was a "LIKE" button I could click on for every single post in this thread!

RE: The fiscal cliff - Duchess - 12-02-2012

Rush Limbaugh says, "Democrat orgasm happens if we go over fiscal cliff".

RE: The fiscal cliff - Midwest Spy - 12-04-2012

Here's the latest from CNN regarding who's to blame if we fall over the 'Fiscal Cliff':

Poll: GOP to get more blame than Obama if fiscal cliff talks fail

Posted by
CNN Political Editor Paul Steinhauser
Washington (CNN) - A second national poll indicates more Americans would blame Congressional Republicans than President Barack Obama if negotiations to keep the country from falling off the "fiscal cliff" fail.

A Washington Post/Pew Research Center survey released Tuesday morning also indicates 49% of Americans predict the president and Republicans in Congress will not reach an agreement to prevent the automatic spending cuts and tax increases that would kick in at the end of the year, with four in ten saying a deal will be reached.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

Last year Congress and President Barack Obama agreed to a program to reduce the federal deficit that some people refer to as the "fiscal cliff." Unless Congress and the President reach an agreement before January 1, tax rates will automatically rise next year for nearly all Americans and major spending cuts will automatically begin to kick in for most government spending programs, including military programs.

If there's no deal, according to the poll, by a 53%-27% margin people say Congressional Republicans will be more at blame than Obama, with 12% saying both sides should be equally blamed. Among independent voters, 52% would blame Republicans and 21% would point fingers at the president.

A CNN/ORC International survey released last week indicated more Americans would blame the GOP in Congress (45%) rather than Obama (34%) if the fiscal cliff provisions actually go into effect next year.

Fifty-seven percent of those questioned in the Washington Post/Pew Research Center poll say they understand “very well or fairly well” what would happen in January if the automatic spending cuts and tax increases go into effect. Nearly two-thirds say such spending cuts and tax increases would have a major effect on the country's economy, and 84% say those effects would be mostly negative.

Forty-three percent say if the country falls off the fiscal cliff, it would have a major impact on their personal financial situation, with 35% saying there would just be a minor effect.

The Washington Post/Pew Research Center poll was conducted November 29-December 12, with 1,003 adults nationwide questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.