Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Juliani Cardenas,4- CA Amber Alert
this took real balls! scary shit.
don't know anything about the mother or father yet.

KGET
An Amber Alert has been issued for a 4-year-old boy from Stanislaus county, taken from his grandmother's home. Now the grandmother is pleading for help to get him back.

"Please everyone, bring my grandson back," was the desperate plea from Amparo Cardenas, the grandmother of 4-year old Juliani Cardenas.

Investigators say 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez snatched the child from the grandmother at her home in broad daylight.

"I think he was mad at my daughter," said Amparo Cardenas.

Rodriguez had a previous relationship with the mother but is not the biological father.

Their relationship ended months ago but the grandmother says Rodriguez has remained bitter, she says he made several attempts to grab the boy and even went to his school to hunt him down, but the boy was home sick.

Then around four the grandmother says he forced his way into the house, pushed her to the floor and snatched the child.

"So our primary concern right now is the safety of the child and locating the suspect and the vehicle he's driving," said Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson.

Police believe the little boy is in danger.

"We're concerned because he has a criminal history, he's been convicted of violent crimes and anytime you have a child who is forcibly removed from someone who has care and custody of the child, there is certainly cause to be concerned," said Sheriff Christianson.

"If you see anything, anything at all, just help us, help us get my grandson back," said Amparo Cardenas.

Juliani Cardenas is described as 3' tall and weighs 36 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

The suspect, 27-year-old Jose Esteban Rodriguez, is described as 5' 9" tall, 180 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Rodriguez was driving a silver Toyota Corolla with the license plate 6HBW445. Police believe Rodriquez may be headed to San Jose.

Missing Date: Tuesday 18th January 2011
Missing From: Patterson Stanislaus County California
Missing Country: USA
Sex: Male
DOB: 22/Jun/2006
Age Now: 4 Juliani Cardenas
Specific Details:
Hair: Brown Eye Color: Brown
Height: 3'6" Weight: 40lbs
Race: Hispanic language: n/a

[Image: JULIANICARDENAS2.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

great. now i'm hearing the dumbass mother is pregnant by this guy and says he's schizophrenic. and has a 1991 manslaughter conviction. nice guy to invite into your home with your kid. asshole mothers.

oh good. a local says he thinks he's the boy's father, but the mother doesn't have any paternity results.

Rodriguez has an extensive criminal background and should be considered dangerous, according to Deputy Raj Singh, a Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department spokesman. In the past, he has been charged with unlawful sexual intercourse and drunken driving, and he was convicted of manslaughter in 1999, Singh said.

Rodriguez, who lives in Modesto, had been stalking the Cardenas family since the previous evening, according to friends and family. He knocked on Amparo Cardenas' bedroom window late Monday night and loitered on the Del Puerto Preschool campus where Juliani attends school on Tuesday, Amparo Cardenas and witnesses said. He also knocked once and then entered the Cardenas' home earlier Tuesday.

Rodriguez is not Juliani's father, Amparo Cardenas said. He used to live at the Barros Street residence along with Juliani's mother, Tabitha, but he left at least a year ago, she said.

City Council members Annette Smith and Deborah Novelli, joined neighbors and friends in comforting Amparo Cardenas on Tuesday evening. Both women know the elder Cardenas from her job as a waitress at Damasco Fine Foods and Spirits.

"She's so supportive; she's like a mother," Novelli said.

She said she was glad to see a Stanislaus County Sheriff's patrol car on hand throughout the evening, adding that many local police stayed after their 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. shifts to help.

The boy's mother, Tabitha Cardenas, is pregnant with Rodriguez's child and is due in March.
suspect, grandmother, mother:

oh hell, searching a canal.

http://www.kcra.com/video/26546893/detail.html

PATTERSON, Calif. (KTLA) -- The car that was the subject of a state-wide Amber Alert may have been spotted in a ditch near Patterson, and now a search and recovery tow truck is on scene.

A dive team from the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department is preparing to enter the Delta Mendota Canal after receiving information a car matching the description of one driven by the suspect in a Patterson abduction was seen going into the water Tuesday.

The canal is at a high level right now, and the current is quick.

Sheriff Adam Christianson said a man who works in the area called his department Wednesday afternoon after learning about Amber Alert for 4-year-old Juliani Cardenas Wednesday.

He reported seeing a car like the Toyota driven by abduction suspect drive into the water.

edit later: KGO - Authorities in Stanislaus County say a car pulled out of a canal near Patterson this afternoon is not the one sought in connection with a kidnapping.

he's in fucking mexico by now.

PATTERSON, Calif. -- Dozens of friends and family joined the Cardenas family in a prayer vigil outside their Patterson home Wednesday.

The crowd recited the rosary and offered prayers for the safe return of 4-year-old Juliani Cardenas.

Jose Esteban Rodriguez is accused of kidnapping Juliani.

His grandmother, Amparo Cardenas, said Rodriguez forced Juliani out of her arms and took off Tuesday afternoon.

Rodriguez is Juliani’s mother’s ex-boyfriend.

"I hope Juliani is safe, and he is warm wherever he is at. And, I hope he comes home soon because I don’t believe Jose is going to hurt him. I believe everything is going to come out OK," said Tabitha Cardenas, Juliani’s mother. ...yeah, the asshole beat you and held you hostage before...good judgement mom.

"I just can’t imagine what she is going through right now," said Denise Bertoldo, who works with Tabitha Cardenas.

Karen Johnson also works with Tabitha Cardenas. During the vigil, she told KCRA the two appeared to be on good terms Friday, just days before the kidnapping.

"Friday, he brought her, her lunch, and we all sat around the table together," Johnson said. "I never ever thought I would be having lunch with a kidnapper."

Johnson said she remembers Rodriguez as quiet, but Amparo Cardenas described him as having another darker side.

"He is possessive and abusive, and he just want revenge to punish us," Amparo Cardenas said.

She said Rodriguez and her daughter, who is carrying Rodriguez’s unborn baby, had been struggling for a while.

"I think that because he thought I was never going to let him see him, and he figured he wanted to spend time with Juliani. But he went about it all wrong," Tabitha Cardenas said.

"God forgive me, he makes my stomach turn when I see him," Amparo Cardenas said. "I never did like him. Whatever is going on with him, the baby is not supposed to pay for."

bloody hell. zero vis and fast water.

search photos here:
http://www.kcra.com/slideshow/news/26539095/detail.html

Dive teams spent three hours searching the waters of the Delta-Mendota Canal early Wednesday night. The man-made waterway is just 17 feet deep, but visibility is zero on the bottom---it’s like searching for something with your eyes closed. As night fell the degree of difficulty multiplied for divers; and three separate searches turned up two just cement blocks and a stolen car. No signs of 4 year old Juliani Cardenas.

”We have every reason to believe this is going to end tragically, but we’re not giving up,” Sheriff Adam Christianson told reporters an eyewitness account and tire tracks suggest a car went into the canal. In fact, a witness describes a car that looks just like the one driven by accused kidnapping suspect Jose Rodriguez. ”It appears somebody made a sharp left , probably not a 90-degree, but a 20-25-degree left turn into the water,” says Sheriff Christianson.

The search took that dramatic turn about 1:30 when a farmworker told police he saw the car drive into the canal about 5 O’clock Tuesday night. That’s 45 minutes after little Juliani was ripped from his grandmothers’ arms. Amparo Cardenas says she always had a bad feeling about the 27 year old Rodriguez, ”He was looking pretty weird, like he was a little bit drunk or he was on drugs.”

Rodriguez, a violent criminal with a conviction for manslaughter, was caught by a surveillance camera buying a 40 ounce beer at a nearby convenience story about an hour earlier. But Police are also concerned about his mental state; he’d been missing work and and Juliani’s mother was ending their relationship. ”He’s snapped. Jose’s an alcoholic and he drives when he’s drinking and that would put my son in danger,” says Tabitha Cardenas.

But a mothers’ hope may have faded when investigators told her about that eyewitness account. ”But we’re not getting the number that you would normally see,” Sheriff Christianson says tips from the public aren’t coming in and the evidence is painting a dark picture. ”Even the suspect’s electronic signature has not been indentified.” FOX40’sJohn Lobertini followed up with this exchange, “ So, his credit cards, debit cards are not being used? Correct. Is there a cell phone that’s not giving out a signal anymore either? Correct.”

Investigators are convinced there’s another car in the canal. In fact, they say it could’ve passed through a series of filters and ended up on the other end of the canal. Divers are due back in the water by 9 a.m. Thursday.

i watched a live stream a couple hours ago as a third car was pulled out of the canal. it was not the car.
at this moment another large object has been located U/W and divers just went back in.

it's a great concern that there has been no cell phone or bank card activity by Rodriguez since the child was snatched. not a hopeful sign.

Signs_173

Nothing new about this LC?

Why do these things happen? I'm thankful for LC for keeping us updated, but sad I check back everyday to see if they find a dead child. I'm always torn because I want them to be found, bad shit happens when you are missing, but they are usually found after the bad thing already happened.

The worst my kids ever had to worry about was getting jap slapped in the car for smarting off or not being good at school. I can maintain my lane and fuck your ass up in the backseat.

There are so many different kinds of lives. I wish we could save all the best kinds of lives for kids, but that doesn't seem to always happen lately. Fucked up parental decisions and lifestyles are making it hard to be a kid. And these are just the stories that make it to the news. What else do kids have to worry about besides getting smacked in the car? Why can't that be the worst thing that ever happens?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
saturday AM

they should be about ready to pull a 4th car up this morning.

Friends of Amparo Cardenas have said the family is not watching the search on TV.
there's a plan in place, much like the one used in Friday night's retrieval, in which the car will be pulled to the edge of the canal.

They will first check the license plate and do a records search. If it's Rodriguez's Toyota, they will immediately notify the family, who have had a law enforcement official with them at all times, Singh said.

A tow truck will inch the car up a little further, allowing authorities to see if there are bodies inside. If there are, they will immediately notify the boy's family. Singh said an identification still will need to be made.

If the bodies are discovered, Singh said everything will stop because the area will become a crime scene. The car may remain there for an undetermined amount of time as detectives and others take photos and collect evidence.

(01-22-2011, 12:56 AM)Cracker Wrote: I'm thankful for LC for keeping us updated

Me too! I do feel anxious sometimes when I see a thread has been updated & I've berated myself on more than one occasion because I come & read and sometimes it's so sad and I continue to think about it even when I'm not in Mock.

And..and..and. Jesus Christ.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i wake up every morning thinking about this stuff...first thing i check on before i even get my tea.
Mock is supposed to be fun and lighthearted, and here i am posting grim shit.
i know not everyone wants to read these things.
but i have a 'mission' to keep the names and faces of missing kids out there in case even one person sees them on a forum like this. trouble is, i can only follow so many, it's a full-time job.
other types of crimes are interesting because often they provoke laughter. or fury. or discussion such as gun ownership and laws, death penalty, etc. it's the ultimate in gossip and reality.
i guess it's like a car accident, you can't help but look.

So, the latest car isn't THE car, right?

The missing boy's mom said this: "I'm just worried about Juliani not eating right, and I know he wants to come home. Jose just needs to bring him home,"

I think she might be an idiot. If some crazy mutherfucker abducted one of my kids, I would have a few more worries than if he was eating right.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
yes, i just watched live stream again today, they pulled out a pick-up truck. that's 5 stolen vehicles so far.

the migrant worker who saw the car go in said he saw a man and child in the car. he waited to make the call because he is illegal like all of them out there working on farms. he said he saw them "exit" the car, whatever that meant. exit and go where??

yes the mother is a moron because she hooked up with this loser knowing his history and mental status. and is pregnant by him now.
this poor little boy has probably paid for that with his life.

(01-22-2011, 06:00 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: that's 5 stolen vehicles so far.

It's like the effin' La Brea Tar Pit for vehicles!

Any thoughts regarding this "dumping ground", LC?

(01-22-2011, 06:28 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(01-22-2011, 06:00 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: that's 5 stolen vehicles so far.

It's like the effin' La Brea Tar Pit for vehicles!

Any thoughts regarding this "dumping ground", LC?

only that it's not uncommon. christ, when i lived/worked in florida, canals and the everglades were where ALL the stolen vehicles and bodies were (and still are ) dumped. the gators were good about eating the evidence. :bad tongue:

the family must be devastated. :(
but the sheriff must be pragmatic.

PATTERSON, CA - The search for at the Delta-Mendota canal for the car that 4-year-old Juliani Cardenas was abducted in has been suspended for 48 hours said Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson.

The Amber Alert for Juliani has also been downgraded from a statewide alert to a local alert. Christianson said he wanted the system to be available for other emergencies.

Christianson said he is confident that the Toyota is not that location divers were searching. The search at the canal will resume next week two miles south of the current location.

"We want to find him alive, we really do," Christianson said. "But with as much time has gone by and with all of the evidence and the statements and everything that leads up here, I'm not confident that we're going to have that happy ending."

I think LC was right when she said he was in Mexico. If he isn't in Mexico, he isn't anywhere.
(01-22-2011, 09:31 PM)Cracker Wrote: I think LC was right when she said he was in Mexico. If he isn't in Mexico, he isn't anywhere.

i'd like to believe he's alive in mexico. but no electronic activity, cell phone or ATM card, tells me otherwise.

(01-22-2011, 09:41 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(01-22-2011, 09:31 PM)Cracker Wrote: I think LC was right when she said he was in Mexico. If he isn't in Mexico, he isn't anywhere.

i'd like to believe he's alive in mexico. but no electronic activity, cell phone or ATM card, tells me otherwise.

He may be at his abuela's. She is probably making him fried pig testicles with corn tortillas right now while they try to get a black and white picture to come in with the rabbit ears.

Yeah, it's scary that he hasn't called the mother to taunt her. That probably isn't a good sign.

I'm sick of moms dating nutfucks then claiming victimhood when something goes horribly wrong. They shouldn't get a free pass for not providing a safe environment.