Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Katelyn Markham, 22. Ohio - missing/murdered
JC has a Ford Focus about 35 mpg on the highway and 340 miles to a full tank.

Where ever he went if he went! would be within that fuel range so he wouldn't have to stop for a refill. There are a lot of Ohio State Parks and Indiana State Parks all within that 340 mileage range - just throwing that notion out there. Since he lived with mum they might not notice his car being gone for a couple of hours or 3 or 4 something like that but, if his car was gone 8 hours wouldn't they wonder?

Could the posters of Katelyn be given to the State Park Rangers? or the Park Maintenance men. Some Park Rangers, ride around on a horse, bicycles, atv's etc.,

Karyn Winkler is JC's mother her Facebook is gone I believe and she is a Special Services Supervisor at Fairfield East Elementary School - wonder why she got interested in children that may require special understanding and guidance? could her son be a bit backward? then if that was the case that could explain his very strange behaviour. His mother has to know if he was ever diagnosed with slow learning disabilities etc., this fellow could be a big sissy baby remember Nancy Grace hurt his feelings! Wish someone out there could verify if JC had problems maybe his stepsister could tell us?
Do we think this is fair?

Message from Tim Miller on the Texas EquuSearch web site. Sept 12 2011 http://texasequusearch.org/2011/09/messa...-miller-3/

Texas EquuSearch in no way supports any of the negative statements being put on any blogs, Facebook or any websites about any possible persons of interest, cell phone towers or any part of the investigation into Katelyn’s disappearance. This kind of behavior is doing nothing but hindering law enforcement’s investigation and distracting search efforts. This behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone involved in this activity will be banned from any future Texas EquuSearch searches or functions. We have one fact – Katelyn is missing!
Tim Miller
it's really just a legal disclaimer to protect himself. he was badly burned in casey anthony case.
he obviously can't screen/control everyone who volunteers for searches.

I copied this from the Katelyn Markham's disappearance considering everything page on Facebook the comments are by DS and this person has taken the Police Poster which is the picture of the picture that JC said he received on his phone and he showed to the media and Nancy Grace but, some smart people have discovered a reflection of a mans face the photo was taken with Katelyn's own phone - as you will see from this person's comments more than one face appears - later to-day we may know more.

DS "OK PEOPLE LISTEN UP!! I just talked to my profesional photo person. She took the orginal poster and worked with it while I was on the phone. This is what she seen. There is a male who has on a black or dark blue hoodie. Possible glasses. The girl some of us seen, which I did not tell her who we possible knew was a girl, which this is the shocker! She said it is most definitley a girl and she told me it is the girl in the picture! Ok now, the male in the picture she could tell was standing behind her. Since she can see her hairline, there is know way the girl took the picture, by the way the flash was on the picture. Now this is info from over the phone, but she is willing to work on it some more tonight and get me a more clear picture of what her findings are tomorrow. Now take into mind, this person doesn't even know what is going on with this case, I had to explain it to her. but she came up with the info before I even told them."

AP now comments on DS above

AP "I have seen the pic and it looks as if katelyn was sitting in a chair and a male figure is behind her. Maybe this person staged it to look as if katelyn was the one who was sending pic from her own phone. Meaning two things, he forced her to sit there and took the pic himself or she was placed there after something happened to make it look like she took the pic. Either way this is big because it indicates that someone else other than katelyn was in her room and that we may be dealing with someone who is smarter than they lead us to think they are. Remember JC friends have indicated this behavior is different than his "normal" behavior. That they have never known him to lie, or have any mental health issues. Which could also indicate that all of his rambling on and lying is to throw the public off of how intelligent he truely is? Jmo"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You mean like Edward Norton's character in 'Primal Fear'?
(09-13-2011, 10:46 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You mean like Edward Norton's character in 'Primal Fear'?

Creepy! It's possible!
Apparently Katelyn Markham's cell pinged at Okeana, Ohio so from Dorshire Drive her Townhouse Fairfield, Ohio it's approximately 13.58 miles I recall Tim Miller from Equusearch stating to the news media we usually find the person within a 12 mile radius, this is awfully close!! Not far from Indiana State Line.

A search took place over at Okeana with 20 plus carloads of people, 5 horse trailers and 2 T.V. News trucks.
When exactly it took place I don't know but, the people searching knew LE found the ping came from that region.

How do we know the phone wasn't thrown into a corn field there to throw everyone off JMO.
Nightowl, Thanks for posting. I thought the searchers were not supposed to talk about where they searched. Oh well, its out now.

I wonder if any of JC's friends live in Okeana? Also is that the tower that is closest to her home? I read that there are a lot of towers in that area, so I assume it is not.
(09-15-2011, 08:52 AM)Harvest Moon Wrote: Nightowl, Thanks for posting. I thought the searchers were not supposed to talk about where they searched. Oh well, its out now.

I wonder if any of JC's friends live in Okeana? Also is that the tower that is closest to her home? I read that there are a lot of towers in that area, so I assume it is not.

Harvest Moon, I gather another set of JC parents live in that region I don't know if it is his orginal father and new wife(step mother) or if his mother and new husband (step father). LOL I am uncertain about friends at Okeana.

Fairfield I think has more cell towers I think your right! Okeana is quite rural.

Farmers, land owners etc., need to keep an eye around their property, my guess is if this JC is involved with Katelyn's disappearance he has taken her somewhere he is familiar with & he is thinking they will never find her here. Private property where people rarely go, however he has been all over exploring just an idea!
Katelyn is definately missing and why? gathering up bits and pieces for e.g. Katelyn commented to fiance "I was so lame to you so I am going to buy you a bunch of Christmas presents" Then she got another copy of
"Zombies Ate my Neighbours" Video Game after JC's copy got stolen out of his car and someone said they never seen him get so hellish angry over the theft, apparently it's a rare and hard to find game.

Here is a remark from Katelyn's Facebook About Katelyn "Im too snarky for my own good" she would say from time to time to her fiance you FAG you and that was verified by JC's stepsister MM she would say the FAG bit quite a bit and JC hated it. They nicknamed each other Monster that's JC and Victim that's Katelyn, what utter trash to be calling each other Monster and Victim, unfortunately right now Katelyn is a victim here and who is the Monster? Someone said on Facebook KMDCE page her Email address was possibly Vxxxxxx.com somebody on Facebook needs to get that verified, I found that odd!

So overtime things can pile up with constant teasing and then Katelyn's boss DC I wonder just how friendly the pair of them were? He seemed to be taking photographs of Katelyn quite often and he took her out to lunch and purchased a steak even - so how close were they? & maybe she was having second thoughts about FAG boy and maybe seen him as going no where with pizza delivery and maybe the boss was saying Katelyn I'll miss you don't go to Colorado.

Pspence said the following and I agree! "lst instincts are that she was probably with him because she was insecure (like many women who hook up with a guy) and as years pass, the chick gets more secure...she is adorable and you can tell would be tons of fun to be with...IMO she was getting increasingly annoyed with him and he knew he was soon to be history and blew. So sad."

email address edited by LC
http://www.fox19.com/story/15470553/bene...ham-search

The benefit is scheduled for Oct. 22 from 6 to 10 p.m. at FBCC at Tori's Station at 74 Donald Drive in Fairfield.

The benefit is to raise funds to aide in the search for Katelyn, as well as cover the ongoing expenses.

The FF police and TES are not actively looking for Katelyn, but her friends, neighbors and even local people that don't know her are.

I don't believe they will find her until the crops are out of the field, leaves have fallen and the hunters are out.
(09-16-2011, 05:09 PM)Cheyne Wrote: http://www.fox19.com/story/15470553/bene...ham-search

The benefit is scheduled for Oct. 22 from 6 to 10 p.m. at FBCC at Tori's Station at 74 Donald Drive in Fairfield.

The benefit is to raise funds to aide in the search for Katelyn, as well as cover the ongoing expenses.

The FF police and TES are not actively looking for Katelyn, but her friends, neighbors and even local people that don't know her are.

I don't believe they will find her until the crops are out of the field, leaves have fallen and the hunters are out.

A benefit scheduled for 6 weeks from now. Doesn't appear the organizers have reason to firmly believe that Katelyn will be recovered in the very near future. I hope Katelyn is found sooner than mid October, but it's admirable that her friends and family are preparing for a long haul, if necessary.

While the concept might be "nice", the timing is just strange. Why set a fundraiser for 6 weeks from now? Are the organizers of the searches which have already taken place trying to re-coup some out-of-pocket expenses?

Who is responsible for setting up this fundraiser? Is it the family, some real friends of Katelyn or just some random people who have taken up an "interest" in the case?

This "fundraiser" is almost as suspicious as the fact that Katelyn is missing. I hate to think that people are trying to benefit from something so tragic. Or maybe, they are hoping for some glory for all their good deeds. I just don't buy it.

Edit to add: This is Mock and, therefore, a place were I am allowed to express my honest opinion. Sorry if somebody doesn't like it.
Expensive business bringing in search teams!

From The Journal News

Benefit planned for Markham search efforts

5:42 PM Wednesday, September 14, 2011
FAIRFIELD — A benefit for Katelyn Markham, the 22-year-old Fairfield woman missing for more than a month, has been organized by friends of her family to help offset costs associated with search efforts.
Markham’s father, Dave Markham, said the October benefit is a way to thank Texas EquuSearch, Search Tactics and Rescue Recovery (STAR) and Fairfield West Baptist Church, as well as to cover ongoing expenses, according to a statement on the TES website.
Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas EquuSearch, said he estimates TES spent anywhere from $12,000 to $15,000 searching for Markham.
Markham was last seen Aug. 13 at her Dorshire Drive townhouse. Police have said they have no evidence of what could have led to her disappearance, and after coordinated searches involving hundreds of volunteers, no evidence was found.
As the nonprofit solely relies on donations and fundraisers, the Oct. 22 event is not only helpful, but necessary to keep the organization running, Miller said.
“The bigger we get, the more calls we get, and the more expenses we get,” he said. “The economy is worse, so we don’t get the donations we used to get. ... The economy has hurt us just like it’s hurt every other non-profit organization.”
Additional searches by TES haven’t been planned, but Miller said he and other volunteers would be back if there are developments and police seek their assistance.
The fundraiser will include live music, soft drinks, dinner and beer, and a cash bar will be available, according event information. Raffles, door prizes and an auction will also be held.
Any donations from the community and businesses are still being sought for door prizes, the raffle and silent auction. An account in Markham’s name has been set up with PNC bank.
Contact this reporter at (513) 483-5237 or [email protected].

http://www.journal-news.com/news/hamilto...53224.html
I really liked this quote from Katelyn Markhams disappearance considering everything Facebook page posted by TA It is just lovely! Greek Mythology.

TA
"Demeter Erinyes, implacable goddess, lady of the grain and mother of stolen Persephone, you scoured the earth to find your abducted daughter. I ask your blessing on the finding of Katelyn Markham, another lost and lovely girl."

Erinyes
Also known as the Furies, punish crime. They pursue wrong doers relentlessly, until death, often driving them to suicide. They are particularly concerned with matricide. There are three Erinye - Tisiphone, Megaera, and Alecto.

(09-17-2011, 02:50 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Expensive business bringing in search teams!

From The Journal News

Benefit planned for Markham search efforts

5:42 PM Wednesday, September 14, 2011
FAIRFIELD — A benefit for Katelyn Markham, the 22-year-old Fairfield woman missing for more than a month, has been organized by friends of her family to help offset costs associated with search efforts.
Markham’s father, Dave Markham, said the October benefit is a way to thank Texas EquuSearch, Search Tactics and Rescue Recovery (STAR) and Fairfield West Baptist Church, as well as to cover ongoing expenses, according to a statement on the TES website.
http://www.journal-news.com/news/hamilto...53224.html

Thanks for posting NightOwl, That makes a difference in my opinons that some of the proceeds are going to those organizations.
Harvest Moon, re post 216 your welcome!

Just found this new post on the TES web page this little girl lived about 1 hour away from Katelyn Markham - no one knows what the sonar may find gosh I wish them GOOD LUCK with the search.

Missing: Paige Johnson, 17 Yrs., Florence, KY, 09/23/10
Posted on 18. Sep, 2011 by smckinney in Active Cases, Featured Articles, Missing Persons
09/19/11 — Tim Miller, Founder and Director of Texas EquuSearch, is traveling to KY today to meet with the lead detective in the Paige Johnson case to determine what resources we may have to offer them. Our sonor experts are also in Ohio scanning areas of interest. We will update our webite with future plans on this case. Please continue to keep Paige, her family and friends in your prayers.
Paige Johnson

http://mockforums.net/thread-4299.html?h...ge+Johnson

(09-13-2011, 03:12 AM)NightOwl Wrote: I copied this from the Katelyn Markham's disappearance considering everything page on Facebook the comments are by DS and this person has taken the Police Poster which is the picture of the picture that JC said he received on his phone and he showed to the media and Nancy Grace but, some smart people have discovered a reflection of a mans face the photo was taken with Katelyn's own phone - as you will see from this person's comments more than one face appears - later to-day we may know more.

DS "OK PEOPLE LISTEN UP!! I just talked to my profesional photo person. She took the orginal poster and worked with it while I was on the phone. This is what she seen. There is a male who has on a black or dark blue hoodie. Possible glasses. The girl some of us seen, which I did not tell her who we possible knew was a girl, which this is the shocker! She said it is most definitley a girl and she told me it is the girl in the picture! Ok now, the male in the picture she could tell was standing behind her. Since she can see her hairline, there is know way the girl took the picture, by the way the flash was on the picture. Now this is info from over the phone, but she is willing to work on it some more tonight and get me a more clear picture of what her findings are tomorrow. Now take into mind, this person doesn't even know what is going on with this case, I had to explain it to her. but she came up with the info before I even told them."

AP now comments on DS above

AP "I have seen the pic and it looks as if katelyn was sitting in a chair and a male figure is behind her. Maybe this person staged it to look as if katelyn was the one who was sending pic from her own phone. Meaning two things, he forced her to sit there and took the pic himself or she was placed there after something happened to make it look like she took the pic. Either way this is big because it indicates that someone else other than katelyn was in her room and that we may be dealing with someone who is smarter than they lead us to think they are. Remember JC friends have indicated this behavior is different than his "normal" behavior. That they have never known him to lie, or have any mental health issues. Which could also indicate that all of his rambling on and lying is to throw the public off of how intelligent he truely is? Jmo"

DS came back on Katelyn Markham disappearance considering everything Facebook page - I was waiting to find out more on this Picture mentioned above here is the latest post. Lets hope it helps Katelyn!

Below is the new post.

DS "I am only posting today, to let you all know, I did not let you down. I am a person of my word. Please this is all I can say. I received the picture from photographer this morning. And it is on it's way to LE as I am typing this comment. I am not at liberty to post it on this site, or any other. I can't reveal any info, I am at ease knowing that it is in LE hands, and knowing I did my part on making it happen. As Admin said, lets put all our energy in finding Katelyn right now. When that happens, THEN we can focus on how or who made this happen to her."

[quote='NightOwl' pid='190686' dateline='1316470703']

PLEASE TRIM QUOTES LC

DS "I am only posting today, to let you all know, I did not let you down. I am a person of my word. Please this is all I can say. I received the picture from photographer this morning. And it is on it's way to LE as I am typing this comment. I am not at liberty to post it on this site, or any other. I can't reveal any info, I am at ease knowing that it is in LE hands, and knowing I did my part on making it happen. As Admin said, lets put all our energy in finding Katelyn right now. When that happens, THEN we can focus on how or who made this happen to her."

Wow.
When I saw that photo on that page, it gave me goosebumps.
I am so glad they found something of value in it the way everyone
on that fb page did. Praying it helps solve this mystery.
More importantly, that Katelyns family and friends find her.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop