Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOLY SHIT!

In the order of full disclosure, I didn't take the time to look for other sources verifying this.

Every year the average American consumes 24 pounds of French fries, 23 pounds of pizza, 24 pounds of ice cream, 53 gallons of soda (or a gallon each week), 24 pounds of artificial sweeteners, 2.7 pounds of salt, 90,700 mg of caffeine, and about 2,700 calories a day. And that's just the average.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Omg, that's disgusting, that reminds me of a show that used to be on here.... a british lady would help people with horrible eating habits and she would literally lay out on a table all the food and drink they consume on average in a week. Seeing it all laid out was gross, these people ate like burgers, fries, pizza, donuts etc, the lady would even test their shit!!!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Broken down by gender, women account for 80% of those averages.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Americans ? wrong case study, they are mutated , doesn't count.

Let's try to find the average Earth's civilian.
I don't eat any of that shit but occasionally. I wouldn't even say weekly or monthly though. I do however have a problem with caffeine. I need a caffeine IV!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

I don't think I know anyone that eats that amount of crap.
(02-28-2012, 01:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't think I know anyone that eats that amount of crap.

I do. There are a few "ladies" here at work that eat that everyday. One of them has a whole plethora of health issues yet she eats fast food for breakfast and lunch here everyday. Although I really like her and she is a friend, I find it difficult to muster up much sympathy when she complains about her health problems. She is younger than I am and has to use the elevator and has a handicapped parking sticker!

There was a documentary done a number of years ago, the guy ate fast food for breakfast, lunch & dinner everyday for a month, it fucked him up. He felt like shit, looked like shit & within that time frame began experiencing health related issues.

I can't recall the name of it but I'll work on it so I can backup my claim.
Supersize? Is that the one Duchess? The guy ate nothing but McDonald's for every meal and he supersized every meal. He gained all kinds of weight. It was gross. I love me some McD's fries on occasion. Fries and a Diet Coke are the best hangover remedy ever! But no way could I eat that crap three times a day for any length of time.
(02-28-2012, 01:50 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Supersize? Is that the one Duchess?

Yup, that's the one.

Wow, I am way off from the average I guess. Still weigh to much though, got to fix that. I probably eat 1 lb of Ice Cream a year, a couple gallons of soda, very little artificial anything and I don't use much salt either. Thers is way to much salt in all the processed stuff out there for my taste. Fried Chicken and meat in general is my downfall, I likes me some fried chicken.
MMMMMM fried chicken......
I had a banana split blizzard Sunday after the foot incident! It has been ten years since I have had one. It was just as good as I remembered!
(02-28-2012, 01:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:

There was a documentary done a number of years ago, the guy ate fast food for breakfast, lunch & dinner everyday for a month, it fucked him up. He felt like shit, looked like shit & within that time frame began experiencing health related issues.

I can't recall the name of it but I'll work on it so I can backup my claim.

I had my kids watch it with me last year as part of their at-home education regarding what they put in and do to their bodies, and the ugly consequences. The movie/documentary was called "Supersize Me." He ate nothing but McDonalds, had to try everything on the menu before the 30 days was up, and had to accept a supersizing if the worker offered. He was in decent shape and good health when he started. It wasn't his weight gain of 25 pounds and lethargic, sickly energy levels that really worried the 3 docs testing him weekly, it was his blood chemistry and liver (or kidney, can't remember) damage. One doc pleaded with him to stop because his organ can fail at any time.

He seemed headed to severely bad health or death if he kept it up.

It definitely helped influence my kids. When they learned about the making of chicken nuggets and the chicken industry in that movie, they stopped eating McDonalds. They didn't eat it often to begin with, but that sealed the deal on them even asking for it. The movie can play a strong role in grossing kids out over unhealthy stuff. I strongly recommend people check it out if they or a loved one eats a lot of processed, fast, or pre-packaged foods.
86 112
We eat an order of large fries from McDonald's once a month. We call it "Fry Day". Those fries are good as hell. I add extra salt because I don't even pretend they are healthy. We are allowed one Coke a week each, so we buy that in the can so it tastes right. I think anything is okay in moderation.

About once a year I get a Big Mac or Filet O Fish, usually if I am traveling somewhere. Plus McDonald's has a decent breakfast menu. Pancakes just aren't healthy anywhere you get them, and we can eat in 15 minutes on the way to whatever we are going to visit. And they have the best coffee.

I give people shit for eating at McDonald's, but I'm not poor. If you only have $5 to feed your kids dinner, the dollar menu is a lot cheaper than making burgers at home. Last time I made burgers I spent about 30 bucks buying nice rolls and meat and cheeses and bacon and lettuce and tomatoes. Ever run to the store to pick up things for just one meal? Is it ever under $25? Probably not. I try not to judge people IRL that don't have it as easy as I do.

I eat the shit out of some salt, though. Love it. I have made an effort to eat less salt, but I don't eat sweet stuff very often so I'm sure I still eat too many salty foods. I figure as long as you drink your six glasses of water a day, you can flush most things out of your system. haha
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Not everything is OK "in moderation." There are plenty of things, consumed in small quantities but over many years, that can build up to cause serious problems. Not just types of foods but specifically some of the chemicals. At the time, they were eaten "in moderation."

Also, generally speaking and with some planning, making your own food is both less expensive and far healthier.

I have spoken.
86 112
If I only had 5 bucks to feed my kids dinner they would get big ass pot of beans and corn bread and eat it untill it was coming out of their ears. I do judge people who feed their kids junk because they claim it's cheaper. I'm sure the little bastards would prefer the dollar menu and Tontino's frozen pizza over a pot of beans and kale, but they'll eat it if they're hungry.
(02-29-2012, 10:27 AM)sally Wrote: If I only had 5 bucks to feed my kids dinner they would get big ass pot of beans and corn bread and eat it untill it was coming out of their ears.

Exactly. McDonalds is poison. I get breakfast there now and then but if it is all thats around I skip lunch or dinner. $5 and I can feed them healthy stuff and probably have leftovers
My mom has a friend who gets food stamps and a disibility check (I don't see how she's disabled other than being a moron) and she has nothing left at the end of the month because she spends it like she's rich instead of thrifty.

So this women has the nerve one day to ask me to lend her $20 for pizza even though she got free bags of food from the church, but it was powdered milk and canned vegetables and her kids won't eat that crap. I told her to fuck right off, she's lucky I didn't punch her.
I'm a junk food junkie, I love it, but I gave it up and eat only every once in a while. It sets a bad example when I tell the kids they can't have it for dinner, and theres a bag from McDonalds in the trash from my lunch that day. And it's just not good for me. All that salt and grease....Yuck.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.