Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Elizabeth Collins, 8 and Lyric Cook,10 Iowa missing/found dead
intriguing.

BLACK HAWK COUNTY (KWWL) -

KWWL-TV has been served a subpoena for any raw, unedited video interviews with Misty Cook-Morrissey or Wylma Cook that took place last Thursday July 19th or Friday July 20th.

According to the subpoena, KWWL may have knowledge regarding a criminal offense which happened in Black Hawk County the day the girls disappeared, but the county attorney's office does not have enough evidence available to file information.

That's why the interviews are being requested.

KWWL reporter John Wilmer spoke with both Misty Cook-Morrissey and Wylma Cook on Friday, July 20th, one day after families said they would stop speaking with police and the media after advice from an attorney.

Hhmmm.....this is all very strange.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
I read on Twitter this AM that Dan Morrissey's accomplice in the drug case had a court hearing this AM and was a no show.

http://www.bhcso.org/Print.aspx?o=warrant&id=2546
Well behaved women seldom make history Smiley_emoticons_wink
Could this really be all a hoax just so he doesn't go to jail sooner rather than later? These people are obviously not the brightest bulbs in the pack, what makes them think, if this IS, indeed, a hoax, that they wont get caught? Just bc your child is missing doesn't mean they wont put your ass in jail for crimes you've committed. You don't get a free pass because of that. The only way to stay out of jail is not to break the law. That being said, I hope this is the case, that those girls are safe and well.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
I **think** the failure to appear warrant for the accomplice (Jason Stolfis) is for failure to appear at a child support hearing. It's not a hearing related to the current pending drug case, though this guy is, in fact, the accomplice in that case.

What makes me wonder about a possible hoax is both the timing of the girls' disappearance (as it relates to the drug case against Dan Morrissey) and the FBI's insistence that they have evidence that the girls are alive. I've heard LE say they "hope" to find missing children unharmed, or that they have no "evidence to support they're no longer alive", but to flat out say the evidence points to their being alive is strange to me. LE has stated on multiple occasions that they have no witnesses (save for the mystery paddle boater), but somehow have evidence that they're alive? That tells me they believe this was done at the hands of someone in the family, since the family are the only people the police seem to have spoken with who know anything of importance at all.

So at this point, I think whatever happened to those girls was done by Dan Morrissey or someone known to him, and directly relates to the drug charges pending against him. I think the police probably know who took the girls, they just don't have the evidence to support their theory yet, and they don't know where the girls are right now.
What have Elizabeth's parents been saying? I wonder what kind of terms they're on with Dan and Misty.
I found this today.

Collins family talks

It’s been nearly two weeks since Drew and Heather Collins last saw their daughter, but the couple isn’t giving up hope Elizabeth will be home soon.

And the Evansdale couple prays no one else will either.

“We’re keeping our faith in God He will bring her home safe,” Heather said during an interview with The Courier Thursday.

The Collinses, of Evansdale, said they are confident authorities are doing everything possible to find Elizabeth, 8, and her 10-year-old cousin Lyric Cook-Morrissey of Waterloo. The girls went missing July 13.

They have been pretty quiet so far. The attention has been on Dan and Misty with their criminal troubles. I hope that Drew and Heather's prayers are answered and Elizabeth and Lyric come home safely.
I don't see how Dan or anyone else could stash those girls somewhere and - what - they just reappear without someone being in a shitload of trouble?
Uncle of Missing Iowa Girls Treated for Overdose:

http://www.kwqc.com/story/19130713/uncle...r-overdose

And then, most especially, we have this Gem:

Daniel Morrissey has sought and received a delay in his upcoming trial for Domestic Violence and delivering Methamphetamine. The judge has agreed to postpone the trial until August 28, saying that Dan's "mind must be elsewhere".

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article...ck_check=1
14 days today

[Image: 628x471.jpg]

Lyric

[Image: 628x471.jpg]

Elizabeth

[Image: 376193_398743553506989_586128070_n.jpg]

(07-27-2012, 12:55 PM)chaze77 Wrote: Uncle of Missing Iowa Girls Treated for Overdose:

http://www.kwqc.com/story/19130713/uncle...r-overdose

And then, most especially, we have this Gem:

Daniel Morrissey has sought and received a delay in his upcoming trial for Domestic Violence and delivering Methamphetamine. The judge has agreed to postpone the trial until August 28, saying that Dan's "mind must be elsewhere".

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article...ck_check=1

Uncle is having trouble eating and sleeping. I do not like the sound of this. Where was he at the time of their abduction?
This case just get weirder by the day:

Jeremiah Cook, an uncle of missing girls, Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, is hospitalized at Waterloo's Allen Memorial Hospital, following a drug overdose in Waterloo late Thursday.

Cook's mother, Wylma Cook, later confirmed to KWWL that her son is in the hospital. She said her son is recovering and responding well to treatment. His mother did not know for sure what drug was involved in the overdose.

Jeremiah Cook is the brother of Lyric's mom, Misty Cook-Morrissey, and Elizabeth's mom, Heather Collins.

Read More

The brother of Misty and Heather has OD'd on drugs. There are so many coincidences of "bad luck" in this family that one would think they are in the book of Job. This may have nothing to do with his nieces' disappearance, but LE may be taking another look at him once he's recovered.
this whole family is dipped in drugs. even granny talks like a thug:

motive?
omaha.com
Morrissey’s mother-in-law, Wylma Cook, said Morrissey had been giving investigators information on other methamphetamine makers in recent months to shave time off his own possible sentence.

“Dan ‘narc-ed’ on a bunch of people,” Cook said, using a slang term for telling police about other drug users and dealers. “Everybody knows that.”

Cook said Morrissey had been expected to accept a plea agreement July 12, the day before the girls vanished, but decided not to do so because he was not ready to go jail. She said prosecutors had shaved his sentence from more than 45 years to 30 years and then to 10 years, with a mandatory five years behind bars, because of his cooperation.

Prosecutor Brad Walz, who did not object to the delay in Morrissey’s trials, has declined to comment on Morrissey’s plea negotiations.

Cook said “it’s possible” her son-in-law made an enemy through his cooperation with police, and she said investigators are scrutinizing Morrissey’s associates as they search for the girls. He recently allowed them to go through all the contacts in his phone, Cook said.

Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson said Friday that investigators were casting a wide net as they chase leads in the case. His agency is working with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and the FBI.

“We’re not ruling anything out with regard to the investigation, to include Daniel Morrissey’s criminal history, his known associates, any prior or future criminal activities,” he said.

[Image: bilde?Site=OW&Date=20120727&Category=NEW...8&maxh=400]

Daniel Morrissey, left, walks through the parking lot of the courthouse in Waterloo, Iowa, Friday

(07-27-2012, 11:32 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: this whole family is dipped in drugs. even granny talks like a thug:

motive?
omaha.com
Morrissey’s mother-in-law, Wylma Cook, said Morrissey had been giving investigators information on other methamphetamine makers in recent months to shave time off his own possible sentence.

“Dan ‘narc-ed’ on a bunch of people,” Cook said, using a slang term for telling police about other drug users and dealers. “Everybody knows that.”

C

OK, so now the truth is starting to come out. Why would you not bring that up right away. Beat_deadhorse
now the entire town and all the meth-heads know he's a snitch. nice going granny! Sarcastic

granny cook

[Image: article-2180143-1440BA11000005DC-290_634x400.jpg]

Blah-blah-000630Blah-blah-000630

KCRG

EVANSDALE, Iowa - A crowd numbering at least 200 people gathered Friday evening at Meyers Lake in Evansdale to once again pray for the return of two missing cousins

Lyric Cook, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, disappeared on Friday, July 13 while apparently riding on a trail around the lake. Authorities and family members found two bicycles and a purse by the trail. But in the two weeks since that bit of evidence, authorities have not come up with any clues or explanations they've shared publicly.

For both friends and family, the 26-acre lake in Evansdale was ground zero for the search efforts in the early days. Authorities even partially drained the lake before concluding the girls were not in the water. So a return to the lake at the two week mark seemed appropriate.

The ribbons, posters, T-shirts and candles many brought to the evening vigil have appeared at the lake before during the search. Heather Collins, mother of one of the missing girls, said it's the support of family and friends that keeps her going during the darkest days.

"They're going above and beyond. We have an amazing team, an amazing support team and friends," Collins said.

Tammy Brousseau, an aunt to both missing girls, agreed the support and prayers from the community has made a difference. Blah-blah-0006Blah-blah-0006

"It's beautiful to see the love and the outpouring. I am so grateful for the support., but we really need Lyric and Elizabeth back," Brousseau said.

Those appearing at the vigil marking the end of a second week hung new ribbons and wrote new notes to the missing girls.

At a signal, dozens of adults and kids carried flowers
to the edge of the lake and tossed them in. They also lit candles-both in hopes of a safe return.

[Image: 21229bdf0aece063467bc79e95e2091cda6b8a4d]

Drew Collins and Heather Collins parents of missing child Elizabeth

[Image: 166iqs8.jpg]

Heather and Drew Collins, of Evansdale, take a moment before a candlelight vigil
------------------------------

fuck me shoes at an outdoor vigil? cameras must be there. 115

Fashion faux pas for sure.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-29-2012, 02:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: [Image: 166iqs8.jpg]

Heather and Drew Collins, of Evansdale, take a moment before a candlelight vigil
------------------------------

fuck me shoes at an outdoor vigil? cameras must be there. 115

WTF?!?!
yes, no sense of style; doesn't she know her red shoes clash with her pink shirt. Gads!