Finding an adopted (older) sibling...
(06-02-2013, 02:13 PM)username Wrote: Clang, forget about employee of the month, have you ever gotten POTD???

No.:(
(06-02-2013, 01:19 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I find it quite difficult to believe you have ever had pride in anything you've done.

I did once. Long time ago. Being bullied elementary through high school, and having parents tell you when growing up that you can't do anything right and then wonder why I don't have an interest in doing anything diminshed any pride/self esteem I may have once had. Of course now my mom is telling me the opposite...but too little, too late.
(06-02-2013, 02:04 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 01:08 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 01:00 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Nothing wrong with collecting shopping trolleys either compared to sitting on your fat arse mooching off your parents its actually quite a noble vocation.

Well I know that now. Back then I was too prideful. Hindsight is 20/20.

You're still to prideful!! Otherwise you would get a job at Stewart's or BK.

I told you applied at Stewart's. They rejected me. I could wallpaper my room with all the rejection letters/applications I have.
(06-02-2013, 03:00 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I did once. Long time ago. Being bullied elementary through high school, and having parents tell you when growing up that you can't do anything right and then wonder why I don't have an interest in doing anything diminshed any pride/self esteem I may have once had. Of course now my mom is telling me the opposite...but too little, too late.

I'd love the opportunity to whip you into shape & not just physically either AND I'd make it fun.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-02-2013, 03:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 03:00 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I did once. Long time ago. Being bullied elementary through high school, and having parents tell you when growing up that you can't do anything right and then wonder why I don't have an interest in doing anything diminshed any pride/self esteem I may have once had. Of course now my mom is telling me the opposite...but too little, too late.

I'd love the opportunity to whip you into shape & not just physically either AND I'd make it fun.

I believe you. Just don't be like my mom and keep repeating the story of how you took 29 credits in a semester at college and held down a full time job. And then use that to try and guilt me into having a better work ethic. (I'M NOT YOU MOM!) I'm pretty sure all that stress had no impact on her current health problems or the fact that she had severe bouts of diarrhea when she taught first graders(*sarcasm*).
(06-02-2013, 03:14 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Just don't be like my mom and keep repeating the story of how you took 29 credits in a semester at college and held down a full time job.

I wouldn't, that's not the way to get something accomplished, it's all about YOU, not her, not me nor anyone else.

Yeah of course, your situation and attitude is everybodys fault but yours. We all have difficult times at one time or another but its up to us to get our own arses into gear and strive to improve things. Sitting on your arse lamenting your past and feeling sorry for yourself will do you no good whatsoever.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(06-02-2013, 03:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 03:14 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Just don't be like my mom and keep repeating the story of how you took 29 credits in a semester at college and held down a full time job.

I wouldn't, that's not the way to get something accomplished, it's all about YOU, not her, not me nor anyone else.
Blowing-kisses99

I like you, Clang. Jump in my pocket.
(06-02-2013, 03:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I knew women's purses were big but, Jesus!
(06-02-2013, 04:17 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I knew women's purses were big but, Jesus!

Maybe she could put your fat ass in a hessian sack and drag you behind her while she's on horseback.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Giddy up
(06-02-2013, 04:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Giddy up

Beat_deadhorse

*snicker*
(06-02-2013, 04:17 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Man, it feels like there's a happy ending right around the corner...

Or is that in Long Island?

You realize you and your brother will inherit your parents' house? And he'll probably hire someone to take you out before he lets you share in the loot.

So....

Take advantage of Duchess' offer.

She can help turn you into a successful, good-looking, don't-need-my-mama-no-more man.

Do it!
(06-04-2013, 11:04 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 04:17 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Man, it feels like there's a happy ending right around the corner...

Or is that in Long Island?

You realize you and your brother will inherit your parents' house? And he'll probably hire someone to take you out before he lets you share in the loot.

So....

Take advantage of Duchess' offer.

She can help turn you into a successful, good-looking, don't-need-my-mama-no-more man.

Do it!

OK! I am putty in your hands, Duchess. Mold me as you see fit. I gave her an open invitation to my parent's house, my balls are in her court now.

Seriously....its a better offer than the offer I got to move to California and live like a troll in a crawlspace.

Now that I've got you I don't know what to do with you.

I'm getting ready to open the pool - you can be my pool boy this summer.
(06-05-2013, 07:20 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Now that I've got you I don't know what to do with you.

I'm getting ready to open the pool - you can be my pool boy this summer.

Does this include room, board, food? Or does it pay well enough for me to get an apartment and my own food and stuff?

I have an interview tomorrow for a Customer Service Rep, but I'm not sure if its part time or full time. Maybe I could do both if I get the job(?).
(06-05-2013, 02:02 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Does this include room, board, food? Or does it pay well enough for me to get an apartment and my own food and stuff?

I have an interview tomorrow for a Customer Service Rep, but I'm not sure if its part time or full time. Maybe I could do both if I get the job(?).

There are apts. above the stable and there's one empty right now. You'll have to buy your own food though.

Good luck tomorrow!
What company is the interview with?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies