Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
20000 M16s Go Missing
OMG, what a haul someone made. I dread the thought of where these firearms will turn up.
We as firearms owners get looked down on when we dont secure our firearms well enough and they turn up missing. But our military can have warehouses full of thousands and thousands of full auto weapons and tons of ammo and not have even 1 armed guard there. This is just crazy!!!

http://www.firearmstalk.com/entries/2000...Leads.html

A media report coming in from overseas states that enough M16 rifles went missing from a warehouse in Kuwait this month to arm and equip and entire division of infantry. Worse, it seems the warehouse was unguarded and a huge cache of ammo went south as well.

The Crime

According to the World Tribune who reported on April 9:

"The [Kuwaiti] Interior Ministry said thieves broke into a warehouse and stole a huge amount of firearms and ammunition. The ministry said 20,000 U.S.-origin M-16 assault rifles and 15,000 rounds for 9mm pistols were stolen. "There were no guards during the break-in," the ministry said on April 7. The ministry said the target was a warehouse of the Interior Ministry in Subiya, Middle East Newsline reported. The statement said thieves broke three doors and removed the entire contents of the warehouse."
I read about that when it happened, Damn, that's a LOT of hardware.
Sad, but I am glad it will probably get used over there instead of here.
Hope so anyway
Yes its a couple months old, but it still makes me scratch my head. I wonder why at least a few of them have not turned up already?
Half of them could surface somewhere in a bazaar and we would never hear it
That's crazy and it sounds fishy. Any details or who was in charge of security?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Just a hunch, but my guess is they are in Syria.

By design.
(06-13-2013, 09:16 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Just a hunch, but my guess is they are in Syria.

By design.

Now that I would believe. Arm them wiithout arming them.
Ahhh...a vision arises...
Well surely the more guns there are in Syria the safer Syria will be right?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I hate it when that happens.
Don't worry about it Aussie the more armed Syrians there are the safer their country will be right? They are just practising their 2nd amendment right to take up arms against their government right? Otherwise known as every US gun nuts fucking wet dream e.g to put a cap in Obamas liberal nigger ass.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Syrians don't have a constitution.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
They don't have a constitution right now, but they may get one. If these rifles were channeled to the rebels [I have mixed emotions about arming "rebels", some of them taliban. After all it has came back to bite us in the ass before] They may just be able to throw out that government and get a new one [one that just might write up a constitution].

I had not formed a opinion on this hole situation until yesterday. That is when I heard about chemical weapons being used on their own people. To me that is the line in the sand. ANY government willing to gas its own masses needs to go.

So at that point we have a couple choices. Arm and train the rebels, or get involved and help them by sending in our own troops [Not boots on the ground I would hope, but planes and bombs] and help them overthrow their government. I really don't know what option would be a better choice.
(06-14-2013, 06:58 AM)Duchess Wrote: Syrians don't have a constitution.

They probably will have soon. A fundamentallist Sharia law inspired one probably.

I wonder if the compulsary arming of all citizens with AK47s will be part of it?
(06-14-2013, 08:17 AM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: They don't have a constitution right now, but they may get one. If these rifles were channeled to the rebels [I have mixed emotions about arming "rebels", some of them taliban. After all it has came back to bite us in the ass before] They may just be able to throw out that government and get a new one [one that just might write up a constitution].

I had not formed a opinion on this hole situation until yesterday. That is when I heard about chemical weapons being used on their own people. To me that is the line in the sand. ANY government willing to gas its own masses needs to go.

So at that point we have a couple choices. Arm and train the rebels, or get involved and help them by sending in our own troops [Not boots on the ground I would hope, but planes and bombs] and help them overthrow their government. I really don't know what option would be a better choice.

I really think we should stay the hell out it both the US and the UK have got pretty shitty track records of intervening in middle eastern countries over the past ten years.

Are Iraq and Afghanistan any better than before we intervened? No, any guns or weapons you give the rebels might end up in the hands of Al Qaeda.

Leave it to the UN this time see if they can fuck it up any worse than we would.
(06-14-2013, 11:07 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I really think we should stay the hell out it both the US and the UK have got pretty shitty track records of intervening in middle eastern countries over the past ten years.

Are Iraq and Afghanistan any better than before we intervened? No, any guns or weapons you give the rebels might end up in the hands of Al Qaeda.

Leave it to the UN this time see if they can fuck it up any worse than we would.

Not only that, but unsubstantiated reports of chemical warfare being used by the loyalist army are just that. Maybe they're true, maybe they're not. We have no confirmation or way of knowing at this time. The same allegations were made against the Syrian rebel army previously, btw. They also denied the allegations.

Remember when the US government was trying to drum up public support for the Iraqi invasion/war?
..Remember those weapons of mass destruction including weaponized anthrax that Sadam Hussein was supposedly using?
...Remember how Colin Powell and the US government fed that false info to the UN and other world leaders?
....Remember how the US government fed that false info to the media to spoon feed to the US public?
.....Remember how there was never valid confirmation that it was true?
.......Remember how it's since been 100% confirmed and officially documented that those weapons of mass destruction never existed?
I remember.

There's a shitload of atrocity going down in Syria in their civil war. If we don't belong there when they're shooting each other to death on the street and battle fields, why do we belong there because somebody says that one side is using chemical weapons and somebody else says it's the other side?
I'm with you HotD.

It just seems like another opportunity to get bogged down in a country that really wants nothing from us in reality.

One thing leads to another, and troops end up getting stationed there (and die).

Let someone else patrol the Middle East.
(06-14-2013, 11:28 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Not only that, but unsubstantiated reports of chemical warfare being used by the loyalist army are just that. Maybe they're true, maybe they're not. We have no confirmation or way of knowing at this time. The same allegations were made against the Syrian rebel army previously, btw. They also denied the allegations.

Remember when the US government was trying to drum up public support for the Iraqi invasion/war?
..Remember those weapons of mass destruction including weaponized anthrax that Sadam Hussein was supposedly using?
...Remember how Colin Powell and the US government fed that false info to the UN and other world leaders?
....Remember how the US government fed that false info to the media to spoon feed to the US public?
.....Remember how there was never valid confirmation that it was true?
.......Remember how it's since been 100% confirmed and officially documented that those weapons of mass destruction never existed?
I remember.

There's a shitload of atrocity going down in Syria in their civil war. If we don't belong there when they're shooting each other to death on the street and battle fields, why do we belong there because somebody says that one side is using chemical weapons and somebody else says it's the other side?

The UK government spoonfed us the same tissue of lies that your government spoonfed you, all of it completely “sexed up” horseshit.

The Conservatives are just as fucking hawkish as Tony Blair and the tory bankbenchers cannot fucking wait to get British boots on the ground in Syria.
Syria has had a Constitution for decades by the way.

I actually read the one drafted in 1964 and the referendum of 2012 last year. The referendums were publicly voted into the existing Constitution of the Syrian Arab Republic.

Some say the referendums, which included more provisions for more democratic type freedoms, were just Assad's empty gesture attempts to calm the rebels (who ultimately protested the referendum voting). I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know that Syria is not without a Constitution.

Here's is the 2012 updated Constitution of the Syrian Arab Republic:
http://www.voltairenet.org/article173033.html
(06-14-2013, 11:58 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Syria has had a Constitution for decades by the way.

I actually read the one drafted in 1964 and the referendum of 2012 last year. The referendums were publicly voted into the existing Constitution of the Syrian Arab Republic.

Some say the referendums, which included more provisions for more democratic type freedoms, were just Assad's empty gesture attempts to calm the rebels (who ultimately protested the referendum voting). I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know that Syria is not without a Constitution.

Here's is the 2012 updated Constitution of the Syrian Arab Republic:
http://www.voltairenet.org/article173033.html

^

See Duch? Sometimes Google is your friend!

Smiley_emoticons_smile