Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
IS THIS FISHY...

The man who wrote this is Douglas Hagmann, founder & director of the Northeast Intelligence Network and a multi-state licensed private investigative agency -

Based on my research as a professionally licensed investigator with nearly 30 years of experience, I wish to be on record that it is my professional opinion that investigative journalist Michael Hastings was murdered.

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Show me proof!

Not pure speculation and theory.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(07-19-2013, 04:27 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Show me proof!

Not pure speculation and theory.

How can we do that? We can't. Sometimes you can get insight and move in the right direction with discussion and analysis.

I hate people trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I hate that. I hate how the they manipulate the truth to suit their own agenda. Even if you look at something like Benghazi. That was an appalling betrayal of trust which continued on after the incident with deception. Nothing was open, honest and straightforward. I think the worst was that the grieving families were drawn into all that.
There ARE some conspiracies, I've no doubt about that I'm not that naïve .

But these days it seems almost everything is a conspiracy and I personally think that muddies the waters.

Literally minutes after that controversial journalist died the net was awash with conspiracy theories about his death. The more nutty theories there are the more difficult its going to be to find a genuine conspiracy if there is one.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Yes that is equally annoying. An incident may happen that is completely innocent and coincidental but if it has a cloud of conspiracy around it, you could be looking for something that just isn't there.

More & more people are speaking out about this now -

Mercedes Benz debunks the theory that the car of Wikileaking journalist Michael Hastings “just blew up” upon impact. Journalists have consulted leading University Physics professors in the Los Angeles area, who all agreed that the placement of the engine defied expectations of a normal crash scenario.

Police and reporters on the scene confirm there were NO skid marks, both explaining the videos of the speeding car. (Gag order issued for Police and Firefighters responders to scene of Wikileaking Journalist assassination, The Political Blind Spot July 11, 2013)

The crime scene has made investigative journalists as well as former military doubt Hastings’ car crash was an accident and claim that Michael Hasting’s car could have been manipulated through remote control. Adding to the murder suspicions is an email Hastings wrote to his coworkers only a few hours before he died.

Story

Here's his engine or part of it. You can see the crash in the distance.

[Image: Hastings_Crash.jpg]
Mercedes Benz would never lie to protect the public image and safety record of the vehicles they produce now would they? Of course not!

And as for this “remote control” theory? Apart from some people repeating it where is the actual evidence to support it?
I don't understand how the engine was ejected 200 to 300 feet before the car left the roadway and hit the tree. The lack of skid marks and the intensity of the fire or the fact that there was a fire at all also begs for an explanation. Logic dictates that an explosion of some kind preceded the impact that the car sustained upon hitting the tree. If hitting the tree was the cause of the damage then the engine would be ejected (if at all) forward of the impact and appear after the impact not 300 feet before impact.
Thought this was an interesting article considering the topic of this thread... it's about hackers controlling vehicle systems on current vehicles.

Interesting note in the article is that they are funded by DARPA to exploit hacking vulnerabilities in vehicles.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenber...eel-video/
Video of the crash from surveillance camera:

Now they can figure out what his speed was.
What were the forensic and toxicology results on his body?

Tox reports aren't back yet.
(07-28-2013, 10:02 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Tox reports aren't back yet.

I'm waiting for them before commenting again other members would be as well to do the same especially if they are spouting endless unfounded conspiracy theories.

If, as I suspect, he had been drinking or was otherwise under the influence a lot of people in this thread are going to end up looking a bit stoopid.
slowing down the tape it looks like the rear of the car was on fire.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-28-2013, 10:07 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: If, as I suspect, he had been drinking or was otherwise under the influence a lot of people in this thread are going to end up looking a bit stoopid.

He reportedly admitted in one of his books that he is a recovering alcoholic/addict & hasn't touched anything since he was 19, he was in his 30's when he died. He has defenders who say that if he was going to start drinking again he would have done so when the woman he loved was killed in Baghdad a few years ago.

There are a lot of comments being made about this story, some are very farfetched & others seem reasonable to me. If things truly are being kept from his immediate family and he was cremated against their wishes then I'm not so sure I would believe the tox report if it came back positive for drugs and/or alcohol.
Duch, you seem to have already decided its ALL a conspiracy especially if you have already decided to cast doubt on the toxicology report before its even published!

Addicts can relapse at ANY time. I wish more people would have the sense to apply occams razor to something before yelling “conspiracy!” Like a Lyndon Larouche style looney!
(07-28-2013, 01:59 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Duch, you seem to have already decided its ALL a conspiracy especially if you have already decided to cast doubt on the toxicology report before its even published!

I'm pretty sure I said if it turns out to be true that his immediate family's wishes were disregarded then I would have trouble believing the tox report if it showed positive for drugs/alcohol. If that is true then yes, yes, I am suspicious. I don't know one way or another right now.
You would find it hard to believe a toxicology report of a self confessed addict if it came back positive for drink and/or drugs?

Have I got that right?
(07-28-2013, 03:10 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: You would find it hard to believe a toxicology report of a self confessed addict if it came back positive for drink and/or drugs?

Have I got that right?

Yup, you've got that right unless someone who knows him & has spent time with him comes forward & said they've witnessed him indulging the past 10 plus years but I've only read comments to the contrary.