Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Duck Dynasty Star Suspended
(12-20-2013, 04:53 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: There is nothing bigoted about not liking homosexuality.
Bigoted is discriminating against them.
Simply disagreeing with it for whatever reason is normal human behavior.

Expressing that view in public when you have a 'Bully Platform' from which to speak comes with responsibilites and consequences. Saying gays are sinners and will be refused the kingdom of heaven is judgemental and bigoted. Making those pronouncements in public is "Holier Than Thou" Christian stupidity on display where we ALL can see it and react to it. Disagreeing with others being homosexual and having the same claim to the kingdom of Heaven for whatever reason is NOT normal human behavior. It is learned bigoted behaviour.
(12-20-2013, 05:03 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 04:58 PM)crash Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 04:53 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Simply disagreeing with it for whatever reason is normal human behavior.

Let me get this straight.. Disagreeing with homosexuality is normal human behaviour?

Disagreeing with anything is normal human behavior.

Yeah, the fucking irony..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(12-20-2013, 05:09 PM)crash Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 05:03 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 04:58 PM)crash Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 04:53 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Simply disagreeing with it for whatever reason is normal human behavior.

Let me get this straight.. Disagreeing with homosexuality is normal human behaviour?

Disagreeing with anything is normal human behavior.

Yeah, the fucking irony..

Yep. You're brilliant as usual.
(12-20-2013, 05:04 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 04:53 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: There is nothing bigoted about not liking homosexuality.
Bigoted is discriminating against them.
Simply disagreeing with it for whatever reason is normal human behavior.

Expressing that view in public when you have a 'Bully Platform' from which to speak comes with responsibilites and consequences. Saying gays are sinners and will be refused the kingdom of heaven is judgemental, bigoted and making those pronouncements in public is "Holier Than Thou" Christian stupidity on display where we ALL can see it and react to it. Disagreeing with others being homosexual and having the same claim to the kingdom of Heaven for whatever reason is NOT normal human behavior. It is learned bigoted behaviour.

Zero, I agree with everything you've said.

I'm very proud of the church I attend and our attitude towards everybody. 'entering the kingdom of heaven' is a narrowly paved road for hard line Christians. Homosexuality has long been a huge deal-breaker. I don't subscribe to that attitude whatsoever.

I'm all about tolerance for everyone. Absolutely. I'd have to double check, but I don't think in my 2 and a half years here I've ever hurled a gay insult or a racial insult.

All I was saying earlier is: I don't have to want to have certain things in my face or pretend that I'm super excited about something if I'm not. I support equal rights for homosexuals but I personally voted in our state for marriage being 1 man, 1 woman.

Does that make me a bigot? I don't think so. Just my opinion.
MS, Setting aside a special class of people (the marriage priviledge) in the law and limiting that special classification to heterosexual couples is unconsitutional when your Constitution guarantees equal rights for all. Your vote only continues a long tradition of inequality in your state. I don't see how recognizing that right belittles or compromises heterosexual unions and I find it equally disconcerting that it was something requiring your vote in the first place. A equal right is just that "Equal" and is not subject to the interpretation of the many to be used against the few.
(12-20-2013, 05:21 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I don't have to want to have certain things in my face or pretend that I'm super excited about something if I'm not. I support equal rights for homosexuals but I personally voted in our state for marriage being 1 man, 1 woman.

Then you do not support equal rights for homosexuals. You support some rights for homosexuals, just NIMBY, which is in turn discriminatory.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
“Disagreeing” with homosexuality makes as much sense as “disagreeing” with heterosexuality.

All sexual orientation has always existed since the dawn of time. Its like heterosexuality has always existed homosexuality is something new and different? No! Some animals exhibit homosexual behaviour in the wild.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I get what all of you are saying, and I don't like to feel like I'm being discriminatory toward a group of people.

I have 3 kids and any of them could be gay, and I'm sure my perception would change dramatically if that were the case.

In our state, gay marriage passed by a 60-40 margin.

My only problem is: many people have been raised that homosexuality is wrong (or more likely, an abomination).

That line of thinking just doesn't get erased overnight, and I understand if someone expresses that as their viewpoint.

As Zero said, the pendulum has swung the other way, but for many they'll never change their beliefs.
You're sure your perception would change? Wtf? Does that mean as soon as you found out one of your kids was gay, you'd perceive gay people differently? That statement really isn't supporting your argument , MS. Doesn't send a great message to your kids either.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure most people discriminate between different things; tolerance is an easy word to say. And I don't think you're the bogeyman of the gay people, out there banging your drum about sick fags a la the westboro baptist church, far from it.

But if that's the way you feel about homosexuality and gay marriage, be man enough to own that shit yourself. Don't try and hide behind a bullshit excuse that it was the way you were raised, you were taught it was an abomination.
Im saying if one of my kids told me they were gay, I'd fight publicly for their rights, tooth and nail, where as now I don't feel that way.

If that's bullshit, I'll own it.

It's not easy to change, but it can be done.
Ahh... My apology then. Maybe 'perception' was the wrong choice of word then?

Like I said, MS, I don't see you as an A grade asshole homophobe. And I do believe you a great father and love your kids dearly. I don't know, maybe this is a knife edge subject for you; your statements send very mixed messages.
(12-20-2013, 06:22 PM)crash Wrote: You're sure your perception would change? Wtf? Does that mean as soon as you found out one of your kids was gay, you'd perceive gay people differently? That statement really isn't supporting your argument , MS. Doesn't send a great message to your kids either.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure most people discriminate between different things; tolerance is an easy word to say. And I don't think you're the bogeyman of the gay people, out there banging your drum about sick fags a la the westboro baptist church, far from it.

But if that's the way you feel about homosexuality and gay marriage, be man enough to own that shit yourself. Don't try and hide behind a bullshit excuse that it was the way you were raised, you were taught it was an abomination.

Crash, In defense of MS I have a gay friend who refers to himself as a 'recovering Catholic' at the age of 37. His upbringing distorted him so much he still struggles with his sexual orientation and it has resulted in a marriage for 10 years to a girl who also was victimized by beliefs taught by the church and very well meaning parents. Those beliefs were instilled in him so early and in such a profound way it clouds his reason to this day. He felt that if he surrounded himself with the entrapments of a hetero-life it would change him from the outside in. She felt that she could change him. Their marriage ended in divorce at 30 years of age after laboring under illusion for so long. I don't fault MS for admitting that his early upbringing still pushes his buttons, though I wish he voted differently on the issue, he too somehow is a victim of the church.
It is tough, because I have never been a proponent of homosexuality.

I was old school, 'they CHOOSE their lifestyle', which obviously I know now is bullshit.

Remember, just 20 years ago the US military had a don't ask, don't tell policy.

Before that, if it was discovered you were gay, you were immediately discharged, or weren't even allowed to serve.

It's been a huge stigma in this country and many still struggle with it.
(12-20-2013, 06:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It's been a huge stigma in this country and many still struggle with it.

Why though? Have you ever tried to just mind your own fucking business? It's real easy.

Oh yeah, you think you should have the right to dictate what human beings do with their love life even though it doesn't affect you at all. Well unless your own kid was gay of course.

You don't have to be a proponent of homosexuality. I'm not, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go out of my way to dictate what they do with their lives. It not my business, and it's not yours either.
Does it sound like I'm trying to dictate my beliefs on other people and tell them how to live?

Really?

Guess I need to word my shit differently.
(12-20-2013, 07:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Does it sound like I'm trying to dictate my beliefs on other people and tell them how to live?

Really?

Um yeah, you voted against gay marriage. And then you said if you found out one of your kids were gay you'd change your mind. To you gay people are just something to toy with.

I just read that an Illinois Congressional candidate said that Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-20-2013, 06:27 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Im saying if one of my kids told me they were gay, I'd fight publicly for their rights, tooth and nail, where as now I don't feel that way.

If that's bullshit, I'll own it.

Oh its bullshit alright, in fact its a big steaming pile of horse manure that you need to sign for please.

Rank hypocrisy and Christianity often go hand in hand and this is just another example.

Doing a 180 degree turn on your principles if one of your kids comes out the closet?! Oh dear me. Your principles are like a house of cards.

I also like the way you conveniently ignored my point about homosexual behaviour in animals.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(12-21-2013, 07:40 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I just read that an Illinois Congressional candidate said that Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation. hah

Geez. Sounds like a candidate who'd fit right in with all of the other level-headed thinkers on The Hill.

Ah, well. Rosa's come a long way since that bus ride. I've seen people being compared to Rosa in a few different high profile controversies recently. Her name is getting thrown into the mix as often and Jesus's and Hitler's these days, by the political and non-political dramaticians alike.
I told a mate about Rosa Parks and he said “why didn't she move? Lazy bitch!” I was like no not laziness retard more like defiance of prejudice you mong.

Jesus.