Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Did you know.....
(07-05-2013, 04:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-05-2013, 04:51 PM)username Wrote: Well, I think that's what the government says it's doing. Yes, it's "spying" on millions of Americans (and foreigners) but only if those red flags or patterns present themselves do they pursue it further (with the FISA court).

What about your very own neighborhood police cars that are now equipped with license plate readers? You're logged into a database. There is a file, in a sense, on you & your movements.

That's not what the system does, it doesn't record every plate it sees. What it does is scan them, check against a database of wanted plates and then alert police if they get a hit. Even if it did record them there is no way they are spending the $$ to put together a record of where and when every plate is spotted. I can't even see them spending the $$ to store the records, that is a Huge amount of data
(07-06-2013, 08:16 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: That's not what the system does, it doesn't record every plate it sees. What it does is scan them, check against a database of wanted plates and then alert police if they get a hit. Even if it did record them there is no way they are spending the $$ to put together a record of where and when every plate is spotted. I can't even see them spending the $$ to store the records, that is a Huge amount of data

I have examples that say they do record every plate it sees. Some cops are sitting by the roadside with their only job being to collect info on every car that passes them.

States cannot agree on how long to keep the data it collects so they are using their grants from Homeland Security to pay data centers to store it. They are outsourcing your personal information.

Example

Example

Example

Example

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-06-2013, 08:03 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(07-05-2013, 04:54 PM)Duchess Wrote: What about your very own neighborhood police cars that are now equipped with license plate readers? You're logged into a database. There is a file, in a sense, on you & your movements.[/i][/size]

Why does that bother you?

The question should be why do they need to know.
(07-05-2013, 04:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-05-2013, 04:51 PM)username Wrote: Well, I think that's what the government says it's doing. Yes, it's "spying" on millions of Americans (and foreigners) but only if those red flags or patterns present themselves do they pursue it further (with the FISA court).

What about your very own neighborhood police cars that are now equipped with license plate readers? You're logged into a database. There is a file, in a sense, on you & your movements.

I don't like it on a local level. It's one thing, for me, if the federal government is scanning massive amounts of data in an attempt to prevent mass murder. It's another thing if the fat cop at 7-11 is randomly taking my picture looking for outstanding warrants.
Commando Cunt Queen
(07-06-2013, 08:14 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:

Yes that's also my understanding of what is currently happening, I'm pretty sure a similar system is being used by GCHQ in the UK.

You aren't zeroed in on or closely scrutinised unless you display certain patterns of “red flag” like behaviours

If you order a copy of the Anarchists cookbook and frequent Jihadist websites and have recently purchased large amounts of fertiliser chances are you are being scrutinised and with good reason.

If you are an internet smart arse with an 80s soap opera bitch haircut spouting drivel on a small mock forum chances are you are not being scrutinised and never will be and with good reason.

So you don't like my haircut either?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
It looks good on a woman but ridiculous on a so called man.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
[Image: thanksgiving-art-0111-lg-87427345.jpg]

-The first Thanksgiving celebration in 1621 lasted for three days. It included not only food, but also games. The Pilgrims gave thanks for the bountiful harvest with the Wampanoag Indians.

-On the first Thanksgiving the Pilgrims ate deer and not turkey.

-A full-grown turkey has over 3,000 feathers.

-Firkee (or furky) is the Native American name for turkey.

-When a Tom turkey [male turkey] gobbles, it can be heard from as far away as a mile. In fact, only the Tom turkeys gobble. Female turkeys make a clucking or clicking sound.

-Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday in October in Canada.

-Benjamin Franklin proposed that the turkey should become the official bird of the United States, but the Bald Eagle became the official USA bird.

-According to the National Turkey Federation, 87% of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving. During any given year, the average American eats 17 pounds of turkey, or the weight of a decent sized bird.
I like Thanksgiving better than Christmas. I have 3 days after to lite fires, cook venison, visit old friends, get ready for winter, snug everything up a bit. Did you know that..........

Age is a determining factor in taste. Old, large males are preferable to young toms (males) as tom meat is stringy. The opposite is true for females: old hens are tougher birds.

Domesticated turkeys cannot fly. Wild turkeys, however, can fly for short distances at speeds up to 55 miles per hour. They can also reach speeds of 25 miles per hour on the ground.

Turkeys have great hearing, but no external ears. They can also see in color, and have excellent visual acuity and a wide field of vision (about 270 degrees), which makes sneaking up on them difficult. However, turkeys have a poor sense of smell (what's cooking?), but an excellent sense of taste.

Turkeys can have heart attacks: turkeys in fields near the Air Force test areas over which the sound barrier was broken were known to drop dead from the shock of passing jets
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-26-2013, 07:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: thanksgiving-art-0111-lg-87427345.jpg]

-The first Thanksgiving celebration in 1621 lasted for three days. It included not only food, but also games. The Pilgrims gave thanks for the bountiful harvest with the Wampanoag Indians.

They also induced vomiting and had a wild orgy afterwards
Or was that the Romans?
When turkeys feel threatened instead of gobbling they whistle so a lot of whistling during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
People who ride on roller coasters have a higher chance of having a blood clot in the brain.

People with blue eyes see better in dark.

Money isn’t made out of paper, it is made out of cotton.

A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it go mad instantly and sting itself to death.

Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

A huge underground river runs underneath the Nile , with six times more water than the river above.

The USA uses 29% of the world's petrol and 33% of the world's electricity.

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear By 700 times.

The animal responsible for the most human deaths world-wide is the mosquito.

Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

We exercise at least 30 muscles when we smile.

Our nose is our personal air-conditioning system: it warms cold air, cools hot air and filters impurities.

Our brain is more complex than the most powerful computer and has over 100 billion nerve cells.

When a person dies, hearing is usually the first sense to go.

There is a great mushroom in Oregon that is 2,400 years old. It Covers 3.4 square miles of land and is still growing.

German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.

The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing

Men's shirts have the buttons on the right, but women's shirts have the buttons on the left.

The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it's already been digested by a bee.

It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.

The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.

The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.

Cool facts! Some of them are surprising.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The oldest living organism is the Glass Sponge some are thought to be over 23,000 years old.

Chinese soft shell turtles urinate out of their mouth. Do the Chinese eat them? I'd be suprised if they didn't .

Eating a lot of pineapple will improve the flavour of semen and vaginal fluid.
Did you know......Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was born in a department store 64 years ago?

[Image: rudolph.jpg]

Rudolph first used his shiny nose to lead the way in consumerism. Before 1939, retail magnet Montgomery Ward had been buying books every Christmas and distributing them for free in order to attract more visitors into his shops.

In 1939, however, he decided it’d be a whole lot more cost effective if he had a book of his own made up instead of putting money into other people’s pockets. Enter, Mr Robert L. May and his issue: Rudolph.

Rudolph may be my favorite product of Christmas commercialization. I love the little go-getter; he embraced his uniqueness and turned a liability into an asset.
I like the way he looks but hate the way he talks.
(12-23-2013, 05:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: I like the way he looks but hate the way he talks.

Hermey the dentist/elf kinda talks weird, too.

But, I overlook their shortcomings.

Even with so much working against them, that couple of misfits embraces their independence and keeps right on singin' in the face of adversity. They've got spirit.

Rudolph is my all time favorite animated Christmas show. I think I know almost every word by heart...hah

IMO, Hermey is Gay, not that it matters.
CN and aussie, if they were less nutty and less defensive, could be like the modern day version of Hermey and Rudolph.

All it takes is a good attitude and a dose of positive spirit! hah
(12-23-2013, 07:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: CN and aussie, if they were less nutty and less defensive, could be like the modern day version of Hermey and Rudolph.

All it takes is a good attitude and a dose of positive spirit! hah

The last thing I feel today is positive. The worst thing about my job is the power hungry nasty mean people behind the scenes, never the patients, it's never them.