Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bartender Fired for Calling Cops on Customer...
People complain about political correctness, health and safety and the nanny state.

Blame the fucking compensation lawyers they've made companies and governments so fucking paranoid about covering their asses from idiots suing them we have them treating us all like morons.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
If she were an ugly, fat guy, she would have been charged already.
Commando Cunt Queen
(12-26-2013, 06:39 PM)username Wrote: If she were an ugly, fat guy, she would have been charged already.

Well, finally the tox results are in.

Mendoza's blood alcohol level was .15 - twice the legal limit.

She was driving her boyfriend's car without a license when she killed the two girls.

Florida Highway Patrol reportedly told media that Mendoza was also seriously injured in the crash. I don't know the details of her injuries, but still no charges filed against her.

Civil suits against Mendoza, her boyfriend and the drinking establishment are still in motion.
(12-20-2013, 05:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: 2 DRUNK 2 CARE

I don't know why it's taking so long to get the driver's toxicology test results back in this case, but no charges have been filed against this driver and the Florida Highway Patrol says it's waiting on the tox results whilst an investigation is underway.

[Image: Kayla-Mendoza.jpg]

2 hours after tweeting, "2 drunk 2 care" to her boyfriend, 20-year-old Kayla Mendoza (pictured above) rammed into another car and killed two young women. Her boyfriend, Javier Reyes claims that '2 drunk 2 care' was in response to him "feeling a little possessive, jealous".

In the meantime, the families of the two young women killed in the crash have filed lawsuits against Mendoza, Reyes (whose car she was driving), and the Tijuana Taxi Co., the bar that allegedly served her alcohol on the night of Nov. 16.

The Tijuana Taxi Co. would not answer specific questions about the lawsuit or confirm whether their employees had served the under-age Mendoza, but have issued a statement saying they are cooperating with authorities investigating the case and that “all of our bartenders and servers undergo training with Responsible Vendors, a company that teaches the laws, liabilities and safety practices needed to work in an establishment where alcohol is served."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Very sad for the families of the two young women who were killed that night.

It usually rubs me the wrong way when drunk drivers or their victims attempt to sue bartenders or drinking establishments; it's the personal responsibility of the driver to moderate him/herself, IMO.

BUT, if this bar provided the alcohol to an underage drinker (assuming she had no sophisticated fake ID), it rubs me less wrong if they are deemed partially responsible.

Regardless of what happens with the civil suits, if Mendoza's tox screen comes back over the legal limit, she should be criminally charged, IMO. In that case, that stupid tweet is really gonna hurt any attempt to defend herself (unless, of course, she suffers from Affluenza 52 ) - it's tantamount to a confession.

I always can't help but wonder, if you can't drink & drive, then why do bars have car parking lots?
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(01-08-2014, 08:25 PM)Carsman Wrote: I always can't help but wonder, if you can't drink & drive, then why do bars have car parking lots?

For bar staff and designated drivers.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-08-2014, 08:16 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, finally the tox results are in.

Mendoza's blood alcohol level was .15 - twice the legal limit.

She was driving her boyfriend's car without a license when she killed the two girls.

Florida Highway Patrol reportedly told media that Mendoza was also seriously injured in the crash. I don't know the details of her injuries, but still no charges filed against her.

Civil suits against Mendoza, her boyfriend and the drinking establishment are still in motion.

Twice over the legal limit tweeted “2 drunk 2 care”?

Guilty your honour.
(01-09-2014, 06:57 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 08:25 PM)Carsman Wrote: I always can't help but wonder, if you can't drink & drive, then why do bars have car parking lots?

For bar staff and designated drivers.

OK, that takes up 12 spaces, not 50. hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Drinking responsibly and driving isn't against the law in the US.

Driving drunk is against the law.

Hey, sometimes paradise is achieved right there, in that paved parking lot, by the romantic hue of the dashboard lights.

I, for one, am not puzzled by bar parking lots and support everyone's rights to park freely!!! Smiley_emoticons_wink
(01-09-2014, 10:55 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Drinking responsibly and driving isn't against the law in the US.

One beer can slightly effect your physical judgement why take the risk?

Have six beers and get a taxi.
(01-09-2014, 11:48 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 10:55 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Drinking responsibly and driving isn't against the law in the US.

One beer can slightly effect your physical judgement why take the risk?

Have six beers and get a taxi.

I don't disagree with your philosophy.

I was speaking from a legal standpoint (and touting the merits of bar parking lots). Smiley_emoticons_smile
When I was working for the police there was this stupid old bitch called Dorothy what a nasty old cow she was. Anyway one late shift she started showing off about one new year where she said she drove when she was so drunk she had no idea how she got home.

The rest of the night the rest of my shift just lambasted her for being such a stupid and irresponsible old twat and she just couldn't understand why. She was like “everyone does it!” And we were like “no they don't actually”.

Silly old cow, she was the one who had to move all the time because of problems with the neighbours, she was the problem though not the neighbours.
It's one thing to do something stupid like that when you're young, learn your lesson, and be grateful that you didn't hurt or kill anyone.

Another thing entirely to brush it off and be uncommitted to never doing it again.

I'm curious to see how the civil suits play out in the Mendoza case and whether she had a fake ID when she was being served at the bar. I have friends who work in bars, they don't eff around when it comes to checking IDs and not serving minors, but there are some pretty sophisticated forgeries out there.