Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mornin' bitches!
The Afterbirth Wrote:I served with some psycho's in Afghanistan.
I never had to serve with psychos. Everyone in my Squadron were the best guys in the world and we always successfully executed our missions.

The Afterbirth Wrote:I don't think you understood my post.

I don't need to ask anyone for stories. I served 6 years in the Navy, 4 of which where as a Diver, and nearly all of which were in the Middle East. I worked EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) and DSRV (deep submergence rescue vehicle) commands. I've seen my fair share of combat and death.
I know the terminology, Sweetcheeks. Most of my family serves, dating back to WWI. I do thank you for your srvice though; without men like you, America would not be what she is.
DPD Chick Wrote:yeah I just need to be consistent

and my daughter needs to work with him too, he will listen to my 5 y/o son, but not my 12 y/o daughter. he doesn't take her seriously at all
There is your problem right there; inconsistency. Your dog is getting mixed messages. Get with me in PM, offline, where there are no other influences and we can fix this.
thanks
DPD Chick Wrote:thanks
Seriously. I can fix this. I managed a dog who was gun-shy from Alaska via email. Stand by for my email addy in PM.
AnonyMoose Wrote:
I never had to serve with psychos. Everyone in my Squadron were the best guys in the world and we always successfully executed our missions.
Psst Moose, YOU were the token psycho in your unit.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
The Afterbirth Wrote:I live in Texas.

i guess that completely disproves the "everything is bigger in Texas" theory.
ramseycat Wrote:
AnonyMoose Wrote:

If that is the case, you might want to be a bit more cautious. ::lmao::

AnonyMoose Wrote:
ramseycat Wrote:
AnonyMoose Wrote:

If that is the case, you might want to be a bit more cautious. ::lmao::
Psstt, they won't let you out of the psych ward long enough to find me. Besides if you did, you would only cry on my shoulder about how your Mommy didn't love you. And then I would be forced to vomit on you.
The Afterbirth Wrote:I live in Texas...We do whatever the fuck we want.
I'm in TX too.. 47
ramseycat Wrote:Psstt, they won't let you out of the psych ward long enough to find me. Besides if you did, you would only cry on my shoulder about how your Mommy didn't love you. And then I would be forced to vomit on you.

Find you? I know where you live and work. ::lmao::

AnonyMoose Wrote:
ramseycat Wrote:Psstt, they won't let you out of the psych ward long enough to find me. Besides if you did, you would only cry on my shoulder about how your Mommy didn't love you. And then I would be forced to vomit on you.
Find you? I know where you live and work. ::lmao::
Riiiggghhtt. You go with that Mooseybaby.
Sinister Wrote:
DPD Chick Wrote:thanks
Seriously. I can fix this. I managed a dog who was gun-shy from Alaska via email. Stand by for my email addy in PM.
Yep, it can be fixed. I've never really seen a dog problem that couldn't be fixed. Sometimes you have to try different approaches, depending on the dog's personality, but there's always a solution. Smiley_emoticons_smile
99% of dog behavioral issues is human related. Most of them neglecting to properly socialize and train the dog.

Any problem can be fixed if you are willing to give it the time, dedication and patience, and persistence to follow through until you get the desired results.

Just for fuck's sake, don't watch or pay any attention to that dopey British Bitch from "It's me or the dog" show.... that woman hasn't a clue and is so inconsistent in her approach it isn't funny.
Yeah I know, to the untrained eye she pulls off the facade of being a good trainer and consistency but if you really know how to train ANY animal on a professional level, you'll know she's full of shit.

And if she thinks her faux dominatrix outfit is what is intimidating she's got another thing coming.

EDIT: Hey Sin..... do you think it worthwhile for me to reopen my pet forums? It wouldn't take much to do.

Would anyone here sign up and actually use it?
The Antagonist Wrote:99% of dog behavioral issues is human related. Most of them neglecting to properly socialize and train the dog.

Any problem can be fixed if you are willing to give it the time, dedication and patience, and persistence to follow through until you get the desired results.

Just for fuck's sake, don't watch or pay any attention to that dopey British Bitch from "It's me or the dog" show.... that woman hasn't a clue and is so inconsistent in her approach it isn't funny.
Yeah I know, to the untrained eye she pulls off the facade of being a good trainer and consistency but if you really know how to train ANY animal on a professional level, you'll know she's full of shit.

And if she thinks her faux dominatrix outfit is what is intimidating she's got another thing coming.

EDIT: Hey Sin..... do you think it worthwhile for me to reopen my pet forums? It wouldn't take much to do.

Would anyone here sign up and actually use it?
I would probally use the forum. I've always had dogs and I'm pretty good at training them, but it's just that constant barking that I can't break. They were socialized with other people and dogs and get plenty of exercise, so I don't know how to break it. I'm growing the bushes really high so they can't see out the window anymore lol.
Well, growing the bushes won't do you any good other than make more work for you.

They can actually hear someone coming up to the house.

Your problem is you have what? 4 dogs I think you said? That means YOU are not pack leader and have not set the 'rules' by which they need to behave.

Your dogs don't sound like redirection of attention is going to work. They may need stronger convincing.

What kind of dogs are we talking about and how far apart are the ages? Are they all the same sex? Are they all spayed / nutered?
The Antagonist Wrote:Well, growing the bushes won't do you any good other than make more work for you.

They can actually hear someone coming up to the house.

Your problem is you have what? 4 dogs I think you said? That means YOU are not pack leader and have not set the 'rules' by which they need to behave.

Your dogs don't sound like redirection of attention is going to work. They may need stronger convincing.

What kind of dogs are we talking about and how far apart are the ages? Are they all the same sex? Are they all spayed / nutered?
7 yr oldMgolden retriever, 5 year old MNewfoundland, 3 year old Mbasset hound, and1 yr old F pitbull. The males arenot fixedthanks to my idiot husband and I'm not sure if nutering them would even maked a difference now. The female is spayed and she is the best one. It's just the 3 stooges who do the barking, I really have no problem with the female.
I'm surprised there isn't fighting amongst the males.

You've two hunting dogs.... the golden is a bird dog. Bird dogs have bird brains and you need to keep them stimulated all the time. He needs a job.

Same for the Newfie..... that's a big dog that really needs to work. Bassets are hunters too and I've no personal experience with them but I'm betting he's just following suit of his bigger brothers.

Do they jump onto the furniture to access the window? How about starting by not letting them on the furniture?

You really need to nuter the males. I can't believe you don't have issues with marking and all with the female in the house. spayed or not.

Do they bother with the pit at all? If they do, she's not going to put up with it much longer. My female has beaten the shit out of the male several times now. It's a pack heirarchy thing. She's younger by 10 years and now she is trying to take over. Most of this behavior comes when my other half comes home.

They are quiet as church mice when I'm alone with them. They do settle down once he's home but the fighting is more likely when he's here.

But my male is missing chunks from each of his ears now becuase she's tired of his shit and your female will start this when she turns around two or so.

Pits generally like to be in charge and the barking is something they rarely do. The males aggression toward things outside will most likely trigger her.

Nutering will help but again, it's going to take an aggressive approach and you'll need to work those boys several hours daily.
AnonyMoose Wrote:
Suffice it to say that we saw some pretty horrible things and two of the guys got a little loopy sometimes. Only one was certifiable, still never got discharged...they just put him on lots of meds. I can see how the stress can get to you, especially after a few key missions we had. It was never a problem as far as properly executing the mission...those guys just put you a little more on edge. I've got stories if anyone really wants them, but they aren't pretty and not something I enjoy telling over and over. Glad you didn't have anyone like that in your squadron and hats off to you guys as well...
The Antagonist Wrote:99% of dog behavioral issues is human related. Most of them neglecting to properly socialize and train the dog.
Mostly, it's a matter of not setting limits and then sticking with those limits. Well, that and lack of making a proper foundation for communication (ie - training).

Quote:Just for fuck's sake, don't watch or pay any attention to that dopey British Bitch from "It's me or the dog" show.... that woman hasn't a clue and is so inconsistent in her approach it isn't funny.
Hmm I should look her up, sounds interesting. I love to see people who don't know wtf they are doing.

Quote:EDIT: Hey Sin..... do you think it worthwhile for me to reopen my pet forums? It wouldn't take much to do. Would anyone here sign up and actually use it?
I would probably sign up... depends on how interesting it is and what kind of mood I am in as to whether I would post there much. Sometimes I've spent a lot of time helping people with their pet problems over the internet, and there is some satisfaction to be gained there, but mostly it's frustrating because people often can't grasp what you're trying to tell them, they're not consistent with your techniques and it's a lot of effort for nothing. ::dunno::