Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the hell would you build a YMCA
::dunno::....::blink::
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
what exactly are you talking about??? http://www.ymcamv.org/

there are ymca centers everywhere.
I think because he feels the 'hoity-toity' bunch who live there wouldn't dare set foot in one.
The Antagonist Wrote:I think because he feels the 'hoity-toity' bunch who live there wouldn't dare set foot in one.
xactly.
Maybe it's going to be one of their charity projects so they can boast how they do something for 'the little people'?

Or wait.... Moose is funding this project! That's it and he's going to teach them all commando training there in case the commies make a comeback and land on the beach!
I don't think you guys have seen the brand new YMCA facilities. they are really nice and really expensive. look at the one that just opened by me. you can see pictures at http://www.newraleigh.com/articles/archi...-building/ scroll down and see the images.
It's going to be built in the same neighborhood that they built the house with the soccer field, basketball court and indoor pool. All indoors, some rich bitches out there. A soccer field inside a freakin house. Some people have more money than brains.::doh::
Liquid, you don't get it...... Martha's Vinyard reeks of OLD MONEY... like the Gold Coast on Long Island.

We're talking money the likes of the Rockefella's and Vanderbilts, not some dopey movie star money.

These people have no use for a YMCA other than some ulterior motive for charity.
The Antagonist Wrote:Liquid, you don't get it...... Martha's Vinyard reeks of OLD MONEY... like the Gold Coast on Long Island.
We're talking money the likes of the Rockefella's and Vanderbilts, not some dopey movie star money.
These people have no use for a YMCA other than some ulterior motive for charity.
I DO understand. I grew up in Boston and went to MV many summers. The new Y's ARE BEING funded and paid for by "old money". The one in Raleigh was completely funded by private "old money" donors. They either donate to make themselves feel better for helping the community or they want to see wings of the new buildings with their names on it. At the one in Raleigh the pool area, gym, and classrooms are all "dedicated" to the names of the rich donars that funded them.
Surely you are allowed to build gay clubs any where you want?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Yah, but who's going to USE it on the Vinyard? The summer flotsam? I doubt it.
well i had fun when they were filming bruce the tuna....::banana::