Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me---or is an advert using 9/11 as backdrop in poor taste?
Not sure how far this chain goes, but there is a chain of convenience stores in these parts called Wilson Farms. They only have a couple hundred stores, so not sure who has heard of them

Anyway, starting a few days ago, they started a radio "ad campaign", if you can call it that, bringing u[ the national tragedy of 9/11. The announcer then goes on to say "In honor of the men and women who lost their lives on that day, come into Wilson fars on 911 between 7 and 10AM and we will give you a cup of coffee for free. Oh and while you are here, you can voluntarily contribute to our rememberance fund...etc ett..and we will match your donations up to $5000"

OK, it is cool that they are taking up a collection..Wilson Farms does that a lot for different things. But the whole thing, with the somber music in the background, and the offer of free coffee just seems a bit over the top to me.

At the time of the attack, I was aquainted with someone wo lost 4 cousins on one of the planes. I do NOT need a free cup of coffee to remember their memories (even though I did not know them personally).

Comments?
That doesn't seem "bad" of them to me. I guess it depends on the details, but that was my reaction. They are doing a good thing if they are actually matching funds and a hook is needed to get people to act.
86 112
Gotta agree with Spanky...this seems like a good thing and they don't seem to be cynically profitting from it.
I care more about my dogs death than anyone at 911 and if someone wanted to offer a cup of coffee in his honor then I wouldn't be offended. Even if it was a sly move to lure customers.
sally Wrote:I care more about my dogs death than anyone at 9/11.
You truly are a fucking asshole.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
sally Wrote:I care more about my dogs death than anyone at 9/11
I care about my beloved dog dying too but, I sincerely doubt I'd ever make a comparison of that personally sad event to the horror of 911 or even go so far as to make a comment like that in ANY forum. ::finger::
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
Well don't you care more about your loved ones than people you don't even know? I cried when 911 happened and feel sorry for the people who lost their lives or loved ones, just as much as I feel sorry for all the other people in the world who are being terrorized, slaughtered, and bombed. I don't care if it's in America, Rwanda, Iraq, or any other place in the world.
Duchess Wrote:
sally Wrote:I care more about my dogs death than anyone at 9/11
I care about my beloved dog dying too but, I sincerely doubt I'd ever make a comparison of that personally sad event to the horror of 911 or even go so far as to make a comment like that in ANY forum. ::finger::
I shouldn't have made the comparison on a public forum, but when it comes down to it, it's the truth that I care more about my loved ones than anything else in this world. Horror and tragedies happen all over the world everyday and no one bats an eye, raises aflag, puts bumper stickers on the back of their cars, or gives out free cups of coffee.
Brutally honest and I have to agree although I had never thought of it in those terms.

Bumper stickers... what's that all about anyway? That's about as effective at raising consciousness as posting endless propaganda in online forums.
An area college has a permanent 911 memorial, and we stopped there for a few minutes on the way to work this morning. There were others there just sitting, or laying flowers.

Now I mentioned having an aquaintance who lost 4 family membrs..but did not know them, so I can not really say I lost anyone..but this morning I got a bit teary eyed just reflecting on what happened. Not sure why, though.
Sally is a cold, crusty-lipped fuck. That's why Lumpochondriac can identify with her.
86 112
[user=1]Middle Finger[/user] wrote:
Quote:Sally is a cold, crusty-lipped fuck.   That's why Lumpochondriac can identify with her.

Can I get my name changed to that, please?
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
Oh fuck you, I've heard worse things said here than that. When Newbie died, I remember you saying you could never stand the guy anyway, thats real nice. I never said that I didn't feel sympathy for the victims, butI don't see why I should care anymore about 911 than the thousands of other people that die everyday.
You don't need to defend yourself, especially against anything the ginge says.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:[user=1]Middle Finger[/user] wrote:
Quote:Sally is a cold, crusty-lipped fuck. That's why Lumpochondriac can identify with her.

Can I get my name changed to that, please?
::laugh::
86 112
sally Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
Oh fuck you, I've heard worse things said here than that. When Newbie died, I remember you saying you could never stand the guy anyway, thats real nice. I never said that I didn't feel sympathy for the victims, butI don't see why I should care anymore about 911 than the thousands of other people that die everyday.

I am not going to be a hypocrite and pretend I liked somebody who I couldn't stand (and the feeling was mutual) after they had passed away, obviously you would squeeze out a few crocodile tears for someone you didn't particularly like?

You fucking hypocrite.

And you should care more aboutthousands of yourfellow Americans dying in such a horrible wayyou ice hearted bitch.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:You don't need to defend yourself, especially against anything the ginge says.

She obviously feels the need to and rightly so, shecares more about her doggy than the victims of 9/11?, what a fucking ignornat, horrible, heartless thing to say.

If I was ginger (which I am not) I would still look a lot better than you, you bucked toothed, four eyed, smoochface bitch.
Unbefuckingleiveable!
[Image: alcatraz-prison-picture2-1.jpg]
[Image: what_manner.gif]
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
sally Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

I am not going to be a hypocrite and pretend I liked somebody who I couldn't stand (and the feeling was mutual) after they had passed away, obviously you would squeeze out a few crocodile tears for someone you didn't particularly like?

You fucking hypocrite.

And you should care more aboutthousands of yourfellow Americans dying in such a horrible wayyou ice hearted bitch.

I didn't shed any crocodile tears, I just simply said RIP. If you're sohigh and mighty and respectfulthen why the fuck did you feel the need to even say anything about the man if you couldn't say something nice? I at least admitted that I was wrong to make that comparison on a public forum for the sake of others feelings who may have lost someone there.

And NO, I should not care anymore about thousands of Americansthan thousands of Chinese or Mexicans. Tragedy is tragedy no matter where it happens.
[user=32]Ordinary Peephole[/user] wrote:
Quote:
LuMPyPussy Wrote:You don't need to defend yourself, especially against anything the ginge says.

She obviously feels the need to and rightly so, she cares more about her doggy than the victims of 9/11?, what a fucking ignornat, horrible, heartless thing to say. 

If I was ginger (which I am not) I would still look a lot better than you, you bucked toothed, four eyed, smoochface bitch.   

Oh yes, you're a BRILLIANT mocker. ::aww::