Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN
(Yesterday, 07:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-18-2024, 08:47 PM)rothschild Wrote: I didn't know pagers were still a thing. Sounds like that old TV show Get Smart.

First, I have to tell you I confused Hamas & Hezbollah. That's how my comment ended up in this thread. *sigh*

Hezbollah have to use pagers because their use of cell phones was giving their enemies too much information (location, plans, people, etc). It's being reported that Israeli spies are associated with the firm that is behind the exploding pagers. They deny it. The explosions were simultaneously detonated and it was a thing of beauty.  hah

I just saw a headline saying that more wireless devices are exploding in a second wave of attacks. Ingenious!

I don't get how pagers obviate phones. The big problem with cell phones is apps and wi-fi. Don't know how secure TOR is but that might be the best solution for international communication. Story seems a bit sus because these groups know the pitfalls of hi-tech. Who knows.

Personally, I side with Iran and Hezbollah. The enemy of my enemy may not be a friend, but Israel and the US are the greatest threat to world peace and security. I know we disagree with respect to Russia but their human rights record after the fall of the Soviet Union is favorable compared to the US. The US is indistinguishable from Israel. They're one and the same for all intents and purposes. Until that changes I can't support the US gov't. I hope that does change but it doesn't seem likely at this point in time.
Well aren't you a proper muppet.
(Yesterday, 03:28 PM)BigMark Wrote: Well aren't you a proper muppet.

Muppets would be the German bootlickers that supported the Nazi gov't until the end.
(Yesterday, 03:23 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(09-18-2024, 08:47 PM)rothschild Wrote: I didn't know pagers were still a thing. Sounds like that old TV show Get Smart.

First, I have to tell you I confused Hamas & Hezbollah. That's how my comment ended up in this thread. *sigh*

Hezbollah have to use pagers because their use of cell phones was giving their enemies too much information (location, plans, people, etc). It's being reported that Israeli spies are associated with the firm that is behind the exploding pagers. They deny it. The explosions were simultaneously detonated and it was a thing of beauty.  hah

I just saw a headline saying that more wireless devices are exploding in a second wave of attacks. Ingenious!

I don't get how pagers obviate phones. The big problem with cell phones is apps and wi-fi. Don't know how secure TOR is but that might be the best solution for international communication. Story seems a bit sus because these groups know the pitfalls of hi-tech. Who knows.

Personally, I side with Iran and Hezbollah. The enemy of my enemy may not be a friend, but Israel and the US are the greatest threat to world peace and security. I know we disagree with respect to Russia but their human rights record after the fall of the Soviet Union is favorable compared to the US. The US is indistinguishable from Israel. They're one and the same for all intents and purposes. Until that changes I can't support the US gov't. I hope that does change but it doesn't seem likely at this point in time.

I think it's more likely under Trump though if it were likely at all. That's a far stretch because he's controlled in what he says and does too.
(11 hours ago)sally Wrote:
(Yesterday, 03:23 PM)rothschild Wrote:

I think it's more likely under Trump though if it were likely at all. That's a far stretch because he's controlled in what he says and does too.

Kennedy's a good example of what happens if you piss off the wrong people. Don't know if it was valor or foolishness -- perhaps both -- but he did what was right.