Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
Is that like the house "impeaching" trump?
I don't know what that means and I can't have any bad juju right now. I'm all about positive energy for the rest of the day. 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The legal basis for the U.S. presence in Iraq is that it comes at Iraq's invitation. This vote does not formally revoke that invitation, but it is a step along that path.
You mean after we spent years bombing the shit out of them? Seems valid.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
No shit, fuck Kuwait.
Funny how y'all get so aroused about bombing and killing people over there yet at the same time howl that we need to get our troops home.
We should have never went to Afghanistan and taking out Iran's enemy was fucking stupid. but yeah fuck that stupid bastard we ASSASSINATED.
I don't think anyone disagrees that Soleimani was a very bad dude. Very bad. Saddam was pretty fuckin' bad too and you saw what his death created. I expect our leaders to pick their battles and to have a plan. I don't think that's too much to ask. No one knew this was going down. This administration told people to leave AFTER the fact. Wouldn't you agree that the time to get people out would have been before the danger rather than after? The guests at his gawdy resort knew, Congress didn't. Putin knew as well and so did the murdering crown prince. Anyway, it's so much more than getting Americans out safely.
you don't think it's significant there are no walgreens in the middle east?
Apparently they only have Targets.
[Image: eXmkyOS.png]
Well done trump for waving a big red fucking flag at a pile of middle eastern bulls that were fighting amongst themselves. They’re all looking at the home of the brave now...

Time to dole out a bit more freedom...

‘Murcia!!! Oorah!!
Wow!! Crash and Ramseycat both posting again. Good to see my old friends again.  Cheers
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
[Image: bkQVV33.jpg]
(01-06-2020, 09:57 AM)Maggot Wrote: Wow!! Crash and Ramseycat both posting again. Good to see my old friends again.  Cheers

It is nice, isn't it.  Smiley_emoticons_smile
After 8 years Iran and Iraq fought to a stalemate, we kicked Iraq's ass in 21 days.
The White House's decision and handling of Irananian General Soleimani's assassination is growing even more disturbing to me.  It does not appear to be well thought-out and managed at all. 

One of the few things I agreed with candidate Trump about is getting the U.S. out of Middle Eastern conflicts -- now Trump's got us in a new one, without Congressional authorization and without the American people seeing any evidence of the imminent threat required to take such drastic action.  

It's reminding me way too much of the U.S.'s Iraq invasion, which was based on manufactured bullshit that was passed off by the U.S. government as evidence of imminent threat.......and we're still there 20 years later.
Anyway, in just two days since Soleimani's assassination, we've seen........

--U.S. Sec of State Pompeo claim that the Iranian people would be grateful for the murder.  However, it sure didn't look that way in the streets of Tehran today.

--President Trump threaten to destroy cultural centers in Iran, a clear war crime which would definitely not be celebrated by the people of Iran or any U.S. allies (with the likely exception of Israel).

--Iraq's parliament voting unanimously to evict American troops from the country.

--President Trump responding to Congress's request to be consulted/informed............via public tweet.

--The U.S. Military sending a notice of intent to remove all American troops from Iraq in response to its Parliamentary vote........only to walk it back minutes later (with all kinds of different excuses from U.S. officials for the seriously consequential snafu).

It's dangerously amateur shit with huge stakes, in my opinion.
(01-06-2020, 10:54 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's dangerously amateur shit with huge stakes, in my opinion.

This is what the rest of the world began to think four years ago when you guys elected the orange horror. Nothing has changed since.
(01-06-2020, 10:54 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's dangerously amateur shit with huge stakes

Those morons inadvertently sent a rough draft letter to the leaders in Iraq saying they were pulling out. A US general had to come out and say oops, we didn't mean to send that. *face palm* They are incompetent.