Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
70% of Americans believe in angels
(12-18-2010, 01:58 PM)Spiderlady Wrote: I do believe in angels, in the biblical sense. I don't believe each of us have an angel assigned to us to keep us safe - if it were, then some angels are falling down on their jobs. God expects us to take care of ourselves and each other.
I also believe in God, and I believe He has a purpose for everyone. He gives us free will to do as we choose- that's why there is so much messed-up stuff out there. And that goes back to my statement above- for every awful crime we've discussed on here, there was somebody who could have done something to prevent it, but they chose not to. Don't blame God for people being as mean as hell, when He gives all of us the choice in what we do- would you rather not have free will?
I don't believe in evolution in the sense that we all came from some big pile of ooze- to me, that takes a much bigger leap of faith than believing there is something out there that is bigger than we are that had a hand in designing such an intricate universe and all the things within it. I don't see how someone can look at all the things around us, and believe that it just 'happened'. I do believe animals and plants can adapt over generations to their surroundings.
Flame me if you must.

On your belief in "Biblical-style" angels: it was almost as sad as your reference to God as a "he," as if it's not childish to think that the creator of the Universe has or needs testicles.

On your free will comment: Making you be born a sick sinner, then demanding that you make yourself well or be damned and punished for all eternity, isn't exactly free will. In addition, we don't have any choice but to have free will.

On your evolution comment: You need to educate yourself in evolutionary science more. Competition and natural selection cause change in and out of organic ooze. Your instincts confirmed this when you said that you "believe animals and plants can adapt over generations to their surroundings."
86 112

Messages In This Thread
70% of Americans believe in angels - by Cracker - 12-16-2010, 06:10 PM
RE: 70% of Americans believe in angels - by Middle Finger - 12-18-2010, 03:03 PM