Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The DUI exception to the Constitution
(02-26-2011, 02:28 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(02-26-2011, 02:21 PM)thekid65 Wrote: So, OP.. how would you determine is someone was too drunk to drive safely? And LC, I figured you'd be a proponent of sobriety checkpoints, yes?

yes. because i have seen too many brains and guts and heads spread across the pavement.
i DO believe in the Constitution, anyone who has "read" me over the years knows that. and in my Dept. we did take them to the jail for a thorough sobriety test and breathalyzer before charging them. and yes, if they refused, i woke an unhappy judge up in the middle of the night and got an order for a blood test.

THE FUCKERS NEED TO GET OFF THE ROAD BY ANY FAIR MEANS!

I believe in the law, but common sense dictates that if the law violates the constitution then it's no law, and common sense says that some laws concerning DUI are very unconstitutional.

The 5th ammendment is the most obvious.

fishing with DUI check points is probably the most offensive prior to arrest.

look at it this way, if the sobrity check point is anywhere but at the exit from the bar, then citizens are being allowed to drive drunk for who knows how many miles before encountering the check point.

it's stupid, if you want to stop drunk drivers then you stop them before they drive.

and law enforcement should take an active role in prevention not just apprehension.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Messages In This Thread
RE: The DUI exception to the Constitution - by IMaDick - 02-26-2011, 02:53 PM