Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waahhhh, my kid is a brat, and the teacher embarrassed him
A child that knows no consequence of action grows up to know no rules, boundaries or sense of wrong vs right. If a kid does something they aren't supposed to, punishment SHOULD ensue. They learn from this that wrong equals negatives. Negative reinforcement is not violence. Good parenting is teaching a child right from wrong, and a toddler understands simple qualifiers of such. A swat on the butt, taking away a beloved toy for a while...something that disrupts the pattern of wrong behavior teaches them there are results of their negative behavior. Patting little dingleberry on the head for doing something wrong only teaches them they can push boundaries further and further til they end up on death row wondering why the hell they are being persecuted when they 'dint do nuthin!'

Passive parenting breeds entitlement and apathy.

I was raised with spankings...even with a belt. Often with the dreaded wooden spoon. It taught me to understand that I couldn't just do whatever the fuck I wanted and not expect someone to bring the shit down on me sooner or later. I don't use violence. I don't have tolerance for it. I do, however, have three extremely well behaved, smart, loving children who have no problem knowing what is right and what is wrong. They don't have discipline problems, they don't act like assholes, and they are so because they were privy to a good swat on the ass when they acted up.

A kid touches a hot stove once. It hurts like hell. They avoid it in the future. Negative reinforcement works. Someone who has kids knows this. Someone who does not...needs to keep their fucking mouth shut and go pet their damn cat.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waahhhh, my kid is a brat, and the teacher embarrassed him - by Fibonacci Prima - 03-10-2011, 03:20 AM