Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NH Senator wants to send "defective" people to Siberia
(03-14-2011, 10:50 PM)username Wrote: "Preventable" runs in to some scary territory. I believe that women that conceive at an older age are more likely to have a child with Downs syndrome (or other birth defects). I think women who have IVF/multiple births are more likely to have children who are born premature (with associated issues). Where do we draw the line? Serious question.

Draw the line at the quality of life for a child. Down Syndrome is no longer a death sentence, BUT depending on level of cognitive disability, most folks will need some type of supervision for their entire lives. Is it fair to have a kid that will still need looking after into their 50's if you are already 50 and will be dead by then? That places the responsibility on another family member, usually a sibling. Some siblings don't mind taking on the responsibility, but some do. Is it selfish to continue a pregnancy if you can't fulfill your role of parent as long as you are needed? I'm only speaking of older parents: Down Syndrome isn't just the product of older parents. I accept all organic/genetic disabilities as a natural part of life. As long as a child is cared for properly, I have no issue with providing for them. Kids with disabilities are automatically placed on Medicaid and given Social Security Disability Benefits. We can afford this as a nation. What we CAN'T afford is the large majority of disabilities that are completely preventable.

FAS/ARND is the most common birth defect in the United States (result of fetal exposure to alcohol). It costs the US well over $2 billion a year to cover the cost of some drunk slut throwing a few back when she's pregnant. FAS is the leading cause of mental retardation in America, and has been for decades. More kids are affected by this than all other organic/genetic disabilities combined. If we could just stop this, the resources could be used to help people born with unavoidable disabilities. Autism and ADHD are tied to alcohol intake, which may account for the sudden and mysterious rise in the Austistic/ADHD/ADD population.

Charge parents for fucking up their children. It is child abuse.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NH Senator wants to send "defective" people to Siberia - by Cracker - 03-15-2011, 12:51 AM